1. Post #41
    watch them announce it after E3 is over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    878 Posts
    Why is everyone freaking out? Didn't we already know they were planning on talking about CS:GO and Dota2 at E3?

And just because they aren't talking about it at E3 doesn't mean it won't be announced fairly soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2010
    3,507 Posts
    A simple, yes we are working on it, or no we are not working on it, is ALL I fucking want.

I mean why the fuck can't they see that they are potentially destroying their own game before it released by not even letting their loyal fans know if it exists or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    997 Posts
    valve has dragged this out so long that i don't even care anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 21Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    December 2011
    330 Posts
    Also, don't trust email pictures and or IGN...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,628 Posts
    the only way were finding out about half life 3 if someone leaks it

7. Post #47
    my manboobs are so large that they look like tits
    October 2011
    1,895 Posts
    Watch as all the people who claim 'not to care anymore' pre-order the game as soon as it's announced.

Edited:

If that ever happens, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,138 Posts
    Ellen Mclain actually visited our school, and somebody asked if they were working on HL3.

She said no. They are not. At least not that she knows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,995 Posts
    Ellen Mclain actually visited our school, and somebody asked if they were working on HL3.

You do realize what an NDA is right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Zing Zing x 4 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    479 Posts
    The longer, the better, I want EP3 to be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

11. Post #51
    April 2012
    64 Posts

Ellen Mclain? No way, lucky son of a bitch.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,327 Posts
    You do realize what an NDA is right?
    No disscussion allowed? So people like Mrs. McLain don't spill the beans?

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    It could be the best game ever made for all I care, the wait has still been drawn out far too long.

14. Post #54
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    DNF vibes all over the place.
    Not really

Edited:

No disscussion allowed? So people like Mrs. McLain don't spill the beans?
    Non-Disclosure Agreement. Effectively means the same thing though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

Come on, Valve. Don't prove Miyamoto wrong.
    Sure, you can take the time to improve the game, but are the improvements worth it?
    The years of hype might honestly not be worth it, in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,907 Posts
    Valve is releasing three things this year

Dota2
    CS:GO
    Steam - the big picture

Why on hell would they release another thing when they've got 3 major things on their tail, besides IGN does this all the time so why believe them too?

2013 seems more reasonable, if you get my drift guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    YOU GUYS FUCKING DID IT AGAIN

IGN posts something

you all got SUPER EXCITED that Episode 3 was coming, when in reality it wasn't, and now you're all raging about something you all hyped yourselves up for.
    I'm sorry, but with Valve, fans seem to do this with EVERY single chance they can, and they always go on about valve being epic trolls when in reality it's the fans themselves creating these situations.
    I think the majority of people are mad that they, yet again, have nothing about Episode 3 at e3 for the 5th year in a row I think.

18. Post #58

January 2012
    58 Posts
    The problem here isn't so much when it's released so much as it is that we want to know if they're even working on it.

Or if they even plan on it. Yes, they probably are, but it would make everyone feel a lot more secure about this if we just heard any news at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    June 2010
    6,271 Posts
    The longer they wait the higher the expectations become. They're not going to be able to satisfy people's expectations if they wait any longer.
    They did it with Portal 2, I'm fairly certain they will do it again. Valve knows the stakes and has all the time, money and talent in the world to do it. Valve's fairly reliable with their games that take forever.

Seriously. 5 fucking years? I know they "spend time on their games to make them perfect"... But 5 motherfucking YEARS and it still isn't even being ANNOUNCED...
    Episode 2 ended on a cliffhanger and they said before the episodic model was supposed to add a trilogy, no? Why do you need more?

Or if they even plan on it. Yes, they probably are, but it would make everyone feel a lot more secure about this if we just heard any news at all.
    Nobody would be friggin happy if they told us they'd include awesome enemy X only to announce a couple of months later that X has been scrapped entirely because they revisited some level design and story elements they don't want to spoil and that's why we get something completely different. Apply this to a much greater scale with many more gameplay elements and you end up with a much more whiny and still very much unsatisfied community. Considering Valve's development model, I think they're doing it right.
    Also it would be stupid to announce something Half-Life now from the perspective of both a business and a service provider. If people don't buy other games now because they want to save up for whatever Valve has in store or simply get distracted by the hype that will flood the internet, the playerbase of CS:GO and DOTA2 will suffer considerably and since they're Multiplayer titles, that could be a fatal blow. Not good for their wallet, not good for their players.

DNF vibes all over the place.
    What? DNF was a clusterfuck of completely different studios with completely different ideas and transactions between studios and engines that were everything but smooth, and in the end Gearbox had to take the mess and somehow stitch it together to some sort of monstrosity that attempted a lot but went through with nothing. Completely different situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,355 Posts
    and watch L4D3 or Portal 3 gets announced shortly after E3
    They'll probably just show off DotA 2 some more.

And that'll be all they show.

21. Post #61
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    fuck you ign

fuck
    [h2]you[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    "No new projects". If they've been working on it for 5 years, it isn't exactly a new project, is it? Not really trusting the source, or any of this for that matter, but just because it says there aren't any new projects doesn't mean EP3 wouldn't show.
    This is what denial sounds like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts

What? DNF was a clusterfuck of completely different studios with completely different ideas and transactions between studios and engines that were everything but smooth, and in the end Gearbox had to take the mess and somehow stitch it together to some sort of monstrosity that attempted a lot but went through with nothing. Completely different situation.
    From what I hear it was mostly done by the end, gearbox just had to glue some things together and patch up the seams.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,776 Posts
    You know what would be brilliant

If they just... released HL3 in the wild during E3. No advertising. No anything. Stores would just get it, get an MSRP, and it would just show up as a small little thing on Steam, no screenshots even.

You know, as some kind of market experiment. Because that seems like something Valve would do. I feel like it'd make HL3 seem amazing, even if it ends up being just decent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,797 Posts
    The wording they used was no HL3, not no Ep3. Or they might just be lying so we get a surprise at E3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #66
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,899 Posts
    The wording they used was no HL3, not no Ep3. Or they might just be lying so we get a surprise at E3
    dude just accept it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,486 Posts

Sorry for the image macro but god damn

(User was banned for this post ("Meme" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    dude just accept it
    people will sensationalize anything

just look at the mayan calendar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,101 Posts
    Guys, they said "NO NEW PROJECTS". So EP3 isn't suddenly going to be announced as HL3.

30. Post #70
    May 2011
    897 Posts
    My hope died 2 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    Guys, they said "NO NEW PROJECTS". So EP3 isn't suddenly going to be announced as HL3.
    was thinking the same thing

no "new" projects

wasn't ep3 already in development.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    They don't want to lie to their fans, but they don't want to tell us the truth.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,776 Posts

no "new" projects

:O!!!

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,101 Posts

no "new" projects

No, stop trying to find a loophole for false hope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 5 (list)

35. Post #75
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,134 Posts

no "new" projects

you're just going to get your hopes smashed again if you tell yourself this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #76
    June 2010
    339 Posts
    I have high hopes for Valve...I know they're going to announce it one day before I die. Won't you, Valve? Won't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    people should stop saying this is like DNF, there's a difference here

1. HL3/EP3 hasn't changed developers
    2. It's either never going to come out, or it's going to be amazing when it does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    you're just going to get your hopes smashed again if you tell yourself this.
    to be honest I don't give 2 shits, just pointing out the logical possibility.

39. Post #79
    people should stop saying this is like DNF, there's a difference here

1. HL3/EP3 hasn't changed developers
    2. It's either never going to come out, or it's going to be amazing when it does
    DNF has also constantly needed changes and had far more hype than it needed

40. Post #80
    October 2010
    2,515 Posts
    I've been thinking about this, what if valve made some huge mistake in the past that erased all of the progress of hl3, but since they never announced it, they just had to start over from scratch, without anyone outside of valve knowing. Years of work wasted, and they can't tell anyone, just start over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)