1. Post #41
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Agreed, He'd had to have floored it and then slammed on the brakes, in an attempt to fuck with you perhaps. Dick move imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    October 2010
    67 Posts
    How can the front end get up when you brake? Should be going down..
    Erm, when he released rather.

3. Post #43
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,092 Posts
    After I got my license I pretty much took over my parents second car which was a 4x4 Tracker.
    Floored it turning a corner on a gravel road (you probably know where this is going).
    Lost control because my foot was heavy, did a 180 and slammed into a tree.

Frame was fine but the cab and rollbar was fucked and ICBC wrote it off. Parents got more out of the insurance than they expected to pay for an upcoming repair job so they were not pissed I killed the car, but they made sure I paid their premium hike.

Three years later I bought another tracker of my own, borrowed a chain saw and cut that motherfucking tree down.

This stump was the tree.---^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 23Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Trackers are so sexy. Too bad they're deadly, like the little samurais.

Edited:

Oh, OT, one time i let my friend drive my GMC, and while he was backing out of the driveway, he floored instead of hitting the break. I took the wrap for it, as he didn't have a license and his parents would kill him. Everything turned out better than expected because the old man was really nice and took me for a ride in his cessna... after getting him a new box. :)

Edited:

Like, seriously, that tracker you have is so goddamn beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    October 2008
    2,629 Posts
    Nice Tracker. I borrowed my landlord's one while my car was in the shop. It's exactly like yours, except his is white.
    The thing was okay, but felt like a death trap. The steering had maybe 1/8th turn of play (not too bad, but I'm used to my Impreza with no play at all) The transmission slipped bad (put it in first, floor it. From idle to maybe 2.5k it would grab, then free rev to 5k or so, and dump back in gear.) It rattled a lot as well.
    The only thing that I would dislike about it if it was in good mechanical condition is how little power it has. I always thought my Impreza was slow, but my god that thing took forever to get up to speed. I was getting on the interstate with my foot to the floor and got passed by a Prius that was behind me.
    Anyways, my accident story.
    September of.. 2010 I believe. I had my license for a while at that time. I was following a Ford Taurus and slowed down so it could turn into a driveway. I was matching their speed at maybe 10-15mph, keeping a couple car lengths between me and them. I look in the mirror and see a new Scion tC back on a hill, going about 50 (the speed limit.) I didn't think nothing of it because he still had quite a ways before he'd need to slow down. A couple seconds later, the Taurus had maybe 1/4 of it's rear in my lane and was almost in the driveway (it was still slowing down, there was a drop off at the driveway.) I look in my mirror, that Scion is too close and hasn't slowed down any. I had just enough time to pull my foot off the brake before he hit me going ~45 (he slammed on his brakes a split second before hitting me.) The back of my seat breaks, I end up not being able to reach the steering wheel or pedals, so I end up hitting the back of the Taurus.
    There ends up being something like $1000 in damage to the Scion, $500 to the Taurus, and $2500 in damage to my Impreza. The Scion was so low it went under my car instead of hitting the back of it.
    The Scion was maybe a couple of months old. The rich teen's dad bought it for him.
    Later on, the kids mother goes and bitches to the police and makes them change the police report to say that I was the one that caused the accident.
    My dad talked to our lawyer, but the lawyer said it wasn't worth fighting and that it would show up on my record as just me being in an accident.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #46

September 2011
    106 Posts
    So...some friends and I spent the night at a friends house and had a little party. Me and two other friends decided to stay up all night and at about 7am I had this brilliant idea to go hide my other friends car around the block cause he always leaves the doors unlocked. So me and the bigger friend of the two push the car while the smaller one steers. As we pushed it around the corner the street began to go downhill and the brakes and steering wheel locked up because the car wasnt on (5spd manual in neutral). The friend in the car freaked out, bailed, smacked his head on the street and got a concussion. The ghosting car missed a parked car by inches, hopped a curb and nailed two mailboxes. Meanwhile some lady is standing in her driveway watching two kids haul ass chasing an empty car.

We had to pay $900 to fix his car, $100 each mailbox, and my friend got a ticket for driving without a license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    842 Posts
    The 2007 Impala we had.. Asian woman DUI. Rear ended our parked car doing 45-50mph. tow truck had to drag them a block to get them to seperate. Beleive it or not they repaired the car - 17,500$ Damage!!

4 months later Brother was T-boned in the car by a Russian teen bimbo. a month after that he was rear ended by a dude in a honda civic. Totalled the civic, no damage to brothers car, Just knocked the exhaust off its hangers.

As for my car:

First my brother backs into me at thanks giving dinner with his Impala.

Then some Quack Made a 4 lane change without even signalling or shoulder checkiing. Luckily He only scraped my fender and curb rashed the lip of my wheel.

My car was hit by flying debris from an accident 4 feet in front of me, if that counts as being a part of the accident.

Then this past winter some asshole Clocked me in a parking lot and ran.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,346 Posts
    You have the worst luck I have ever seen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #49
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,838 Posts
    It's why with even shiity cars I park away from
    Everyone

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    902 Posts
    That would just make me sad.. Especially on a car I got new. It looked incredibly sharp in your new pics in from the other thread.

11. Post #51

July 2011
    120 Posts
    I killed a cat recently...

I have my driving license for 7 months, and that was my first bad experience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

12. Post #52
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,206 Posts
    When I was about 12 my best friend's mother had recently purchased a used Ford E150 truck, he was taking to me to his house to hang out and stuff, while we were on the highway, there was a large rattling in the tires, and the the tire blew out, having parts of it wrap around the axle of the right wheel, [there were no barriers blocking the other side of the highway, arizona stuff] forcing the car suddenly right, into the opposite lane, almost hitting several cars, into the dirt on the other side of the highway, we were blasting Stone temple pilots and I can remember his mom yelling "JESUS CHRIST TYLER HOLD ON"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,838 Posts
    Have this accident story I've said before.

Late night around 9:50ish I'm making a uturn on a 6 lane street (3 lanes going each way, not highway either) and at the light it extends to a fourth lane on each end to allow for the green arrow to allow for a u-turn or to turn to the side streets connecting to it. As i get the green arrow an older nissian SUV does a turn on red from that side street and instead of going into her lane she meets me in the middle lane (Impossible to do the u-turn and get into left lane due to the pavement inbetween each street).

My girlfriend was like "OHSHIT" and BANG the fucking nissian's front end exploded even though it was my right corner hitting there left corner. I pull over at KFC and she couldn't get a space so she drives around the block to park behind me. On the street is half of her plastic front end getting crushed by traffic.

She gets out screaming spanish and then i just responded "I only speak english" and she then comes into broken english saying "YOU NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE UTURN THERE" as shes saying it the green arrow comes on and 3 or 4 cars make the uturn and I just pointed at them and then asked her to point out the no u-turn sign. She didn't know what that was.

She told me exactly "Pay cash now or we call the cops", I responded with "No, We go through insurance. That's what its for[/b]. I started to get worried cause I thought they didn't have insurance and then I'm fucked on claiming on them if I could win the claim. They call the police and they arrived around 30 minutes later and it already started raining. I haven't even bothered looking at my car's front bumper yet but i took a glance and it looked like i took nothing but a cracked headlight. It was too dark for me to see the hole in my bumper from there front side end crashing into mine.

Police get out and just tell us "All we can do is make sure infomation is exchanged, We don't do police reports anymore to elimate bias from both parties telling the police there incident story" which I understood no problem. I asked for there insurance card and they took 10 minutes to find it and we exchanged and went on our way.

Next day

I call up my own insurance and let them know about the incident and yes i would like to make a claim on them.

Next week

They informed me that both parties insurance decided to say it was a no-fault incident and no one would pay out, We could pay our deductible and have anything over it repaired though which 500 deductible for us would pay it before insurance kicks in so wasn't worth it.

Another week later

I get a phone call, didn't know who it was but I answer and heres the exact convo

Me: "Hello?"
    Lady: "Hello, I'm the daughter of salena my mother and you crashed into her"
    Me: "The insurance companies decided it was a no fault incident and we must both pay our own damages"
    Lady: "No, You will pay us for our damages or we will take you to court"
    Me: "I'm sorry, I only go through insurance companies and will not pay any amount of damages directly to you"
    Lady: "I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT THEN!"

Month later

We get a court notice in the mail for almost 800 in damages and to report for court in 2 months, jesus christ talk about preperation. We call our insurance company and they said they will give us a lawyer for this case. It was only small claims.

Court day

We arrive and our lawyer is no where to be found, Every lady there looked like the girl who hit me (Everyone outside the court room was mexican sorry to say). The doors were opened and we all sat down. Everyones court cases are called. It came to our case being called and this happened

Judge: "Let me see that case file."
    Judge: "Um, I'm sorry to tell you but yesterday the plantiff pulled the case off. Your insurance company also recieved a copy of this yesterday. Did they not inform you?"
    Me: "No they did not sadly, Guess I'm free to go?"
    Judge: "Yep, sorry."

And on my merry way i went.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

14. Post #54
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,478 Posts
    i feel sorry for you bro

15. Post #55
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Driving home on the interstate. I hear this rattling noise, so I look down to mute my stereo so I can listen to it. I look up, and there is just black. I can't see anything. I check my side mirrors and don't see anybody behind me, so I hit the brakes and swerve onto the shoulder. I feel gravel, so I turn back and a barely miss the reflector post.

The hood latch had broken off.

Insurance company totalled the car, but I bought it back and rebuilt it. Kept it for another year and a half or so before I got rid of it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    faster than stupid, but still slower than everybody else
    June 2010
    2,754 Posts
    My first and only accident was in my dads 2006 chevy avalanche. It was about a $50,000 truck with every option available for that model. He let me drive it to school.

So, one day I got really high before school. On school property, we drive to the parking lot and there's a bunch of people in line to get in, because they check to see if you have the parking placard on your rearview mirror. So while I was in line I grabbed my backpack in the backseat my backpack to get eye drops to put in so my teachers didn't think I was high (I was kinda late to school too so I was rushing). While I was scrounging through my backpack I hit the dude nissan frontier in front of me. Luckily he had a tow hitch and nothing happened to his car and my dads front bumper was fucked up, with headlights hanging off. No cops called, and it was a $700 fix. It didn't go on my insurance.

He came to my window, and said "yeah my shits fine, but yours is kinda fucked up so I'm just gonna let it go." I found out the dude was also high later that day haha.

Another accident I was in was with 3 of my friends in my friends 2008 pontiac G8. We just got back from walmart, and we all bought NERF guns. You can just imagine how excited we were. Me and my buddy Joe were in the back, and my friends Erick (driving) and Doug were in the front. I opened my gun up, and so did Doug. Stupidly, we were playing around with them on the ride home. I guess my friend doug got to into the driver's face and hit a dude who stopped to make a left on a two lane road. 8,000 damage to the G8. I wanted to take pictures, but erick didn't want me too because he didn't want to remember that moment. The car was pretty fucked up on the right front corner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

17. Post #57

February 2005
    334 Posts
    I had a pretty hefty crash a month after I got my first car. And I'm glad ford focuses are made well.
    Was going down a country lane and hit a bump the car weaved a bit so I hit the brakes and the front right locked up sending me spinning down the road. Spun around about 2 times then hit a wall backwards at about 50mph which threw the car up into the air and onto it's roof, then it span around another couple of times on it's roof. It was at night so I didn't see the damage that well but the rear end was fucked, the bonnet had come off and bits of engine had flown out. I lost my phone as well as other various things in the car. I was somehow unharmed but my friend fractured his skull when he hit his head on the dashboard, he's perfectly fine now though. And after the car was recovered I asked about the damage to the car and was told that the rear seats had moved about a foot forward and the roof had lost about 2 inches in height. Overall I think Me and my mate were pretty lucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,556 Posts
    On the way home from school one day, some prick in a white car ran a stop sign and shot out right in front of us. My grandfather, who was driving, swerved and accidentally rolled us into a ditch. The car (Pontiac Grand-Am) was on its side 90 degrees with the right side sticking up in the air. It was a low speed accident so no one was hurt.

19. Post #59
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts
    Not a big but: I bumped into a wall today, now I perfectly know how useful bumpers are. With left front side of car, I bumped into wall very slowly while parking, thought headlight will smash, nothing besides small mini scratch.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    About a month into having my car I went to park it at the local bowling alley. I wasn't quite close enough to the end of the parking space so i let the car idle until I hit the concrete block. I then went to put it in park, and hit the gas instead of the brake.

Needless to say, I went through the wall. I was fucking terrified as I realized I was halfway through the wall. I put it in reverse and backed out. There was a gaping hole where I plowed into the building, but surprisingly my car didn't have a scratch on it. Buicks are tough. Insurance covered the repairs to the building and I polished off the paint-residue from it.

From now on I'm always very careful when I park.

Also had some bitch rear end me while she was texting-while-driving. I pulled off the road to inspect the damage (There was none! She hit me at at least 30mph too!) and she drove off. It pissed me off that she didn't even pull over to apologize, and I felt stupid for not getting her license plate number. But now I know what it feels like to get whiplash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    bomp
    Dennab
    March 2012
    1,402 Posts
    Long story short, I thought I could do the speed limit in a raging blizzard and plowed into the ditch. Lodged the car in 3' of snow. Almost out of gas, far from anywhere, ABS and TCS had failed about 10 minutes earlier... Many lessons learned that day.

22. Post #62

July 2011
    92 Posts
    I'll bite, the only car accident i have been in was about 2 years ago. I use to play baseball, hockey, and i use to do high jump. One day i was going for a run. I was going around a lady with a stroller and slipped on the gas, as a guy was driving past me. Needless to say i fell into the road. He passed over both my legs, broke (and i mean smashed) both my knees and dragged me about 20 feet. Once i woke up i was in the hospital. Buddie just kept driving as nothing had happened i guess. I can still walk and run ( i can run for about 10 min till it hurts) Can't play sports anymore, and i cant stand up for more then 3 hours ( this makes work fun). It took me 5 months to even be able to stand up. And i have been told that if i where to fall for a decent hight, then my kness would crush and ill be in awheeel chair for life. But i am thankfull that i can still walk and run. and for my girlfriend who helped me and pretty much though me how to walk again. did everything for me for 5 months to a year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Got rear ended today by a man who was very adamant that there was no damage to my car...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #64
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Insurance totalled the car today. I had a feeling. I was looking at the car this morning and noticed a whole bunch of wrinkles in the quarter panel.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,838 Posts
    why the fuck would they total it? Just new quarter panel and bumper cover? Were you not paying enough for your premium and had no deductible or something? Hope they are giving you something worthy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    The way insurance companies determine if a car is totaled is stupid as shit sometimes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    why the fuck would they total it? Just new quarter panel and bumper cover? Were you not paying enough for your premium and had no deductible or something? Hope they are giving you something worthy
    My kind of car doesn't have a frame. The body of the car is the frame. And it was pinched in a few places and torqued out of line in others. Market value for the car was $5,000, and I guess it would have cost more to straighten it out.

28. Post #68
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,838 Posts
    We used to one a 1999 cav, Engine blew so we chucked it for tax credit (Was about 2-3 years ago)

29. Post #69
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Got rid of my old Pontiac posted above when the transmission blew up in 07.

30. Post #70
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,249 Posts
    Short story.

Last night, around 2200h, I was driving 50 (speed limit) through an intersection when a minivan blew through the turn lane and didnt yield. I swerve like a motherfucker into the other lane of traffic avoiding the collision. I almost shit my pants.

Later that night I learn that someone lodged a driving complaint against me. Stated that I was swerving lanes. What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    I accidentally a Scion.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,838 Posts
    i only see two cars that merged into one car.

33. Post #73
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    I accidentally a Scion.

You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    I didnt crashed but it nearly happend, if i did i would likely be dead, about a week ago.
    So i was cruising at 140kph and when i was about to take a turn, a roll off truck was coming on the other side but that one was about half my side, and i had to take a medium turn to the left at this moment, and at the right of the road its sand and rock, not asphalt. So i had 1 second to think, either crash right infront of the truck and die or get off the road, i took the second option, drifted at 140kph and NEARLY flipped the car, but i made it to get the control back. Scary shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    I didnt crashed but it nearly happend, if i did i would likely be dead, about a week ago.
    So i was cruising at 140kph and when i was about to take a turn, a roll off truck was coming on the other side but that one was about half my side, and i had to take a medium turn to the left at this moment, and at the right of the road its sand and rock, not asphalt. So i had 1 second to think, either crash right infront of the truck and die or get off the road, i took the second option, drifted at 140kph and NEARLY flipped the car, but i made it to get the control back. Scary shit.
    why were you going 87 mph
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #76
    July 2008
    596 Posts
    re-enacting
    but not quite managing it

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    I like speeding, 87mph still feels slow to me, fastest i got with my corolla 1998 is 205kph.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    I like speeding, 87mph still feels slow to me, fastest i got with my corolla 1998 is 205kph.
    dude. please don't. Seriously, doing 140 km/h is dangerous as fuck if the road isn't designed for speed. Sounds like it's not designed for it when a truck comes in the other lane and that you can turn.
    don't end up hurting yourself (or someone).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,249 Posts
    Thats just stupid. Your going to kill someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    >not topping out your car to see what its got

nerds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)