1. Post #1
    It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen

May 2011
    341 Posts
    I am a circumcised male, and honestly resent my parents for it. I believe that is should be the individuals choice, not the parents, while some Americans feel otherwise. People seem to justify the removal of the Foreskin via religion, saying it's healthy, and it prevents AIDS etc,. Do you think the parents should be allowed to make such a big decision for the baby, when the baby has no say in it? Or do you believe that the baby should be able to choose to be circumcised when he is ready if it is a religious matter?

2. Post #2
    November 2007
    2,460 Posts
    Parents choice, just like your name.

3. Post #3
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,444 Posts
    It'll die out.

4. Post #4
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Should parents be able to force their young daughters to get breast implants or female circumcisions?

Circumcision at birth is risky, medically necessary and permanent. There are a LOT of botched circumcisions which result in permanent damage to the penis, and the occasional death of the infant. And worst of all, we allow fucking holy men to do this to children, to boot.

If someone wants a circumcision, they can make that decision for themselves. You can treat that decision the same way you treat tattoos or piercings or any other form of body modification for minors. The parents must give permission, but the minor must consent. There is no medical need for a circumcision to happen during infancy, and it is primarily a cosmetic surgery.

(Also let's not pretend circumcision is a hygiene issue. Yeah, let's cut off one of the most sensitive parts of the male genitalia rather than going to the trouble of washing every day. That makes real fucking sense. It's not as though, historically, it had been done to prevent masturbation. Nope.)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    No. It's the child's body, not theirs.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,180 Posts
    They should make their own choice when they become adults.

7. Post #7
    July 2007
    981 Posts
    Where does this circumcision at birth tradition come from? Is it a religious requirement or what?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,135 Posts
    Where does this circumcision at birth tradition come from? Is it a religious requirement or what?
    It was a traditional jewish requirement, though many Americans have adopted it.

I think it is a horrible example of accepted child genital mutilation and it should be banned everywhere

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,365 Posts
    Primarily from the earliest roots of Judaism. I think.

10. Post #10
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    It's a religious ritual stemming from early Judaism, perpetuated through the abrahamic religions. In some sects, girls are also circumcised by cutting off the clitoris. Here in the west, however, that is considered mutilation, while circumcision of boys remains the norm.

11. Post #11
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    I was circumcised as a baby but to be honest, I don't really mind. I do agree though that it should be up to the child when he's older. It's just that it will hurt a lot more when they're 13 than when they're less than 1 (As in pain that will be remembered).

12. Post #12
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I was circumcised as a baby but to be honest, I don't really mind. I do agree though that it should be up to the child when he's older. It's just that it will hurt a lot more when they're 13 than when they're less than 1 (As in pain that will be remembered).
    You realize you get put under anesthesia and you're given painkillers when you undergo an adult circumcision, right?

With children, it's just snip-snip cry. Not even any local anesthesia, if I recall.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,760 Posts
    Parents choice, just like your name.
    You can change your name, it's a bit harder to regrow your foreskin.

14. Post #14
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    I'm circumcised and while I don't think about it much, but I do think about it enough to believe it should be the patient's choice.

15. Post #15
    July 2007
    981 Posts
    I don't think there's much of a debate to be had here, then. It's just an illogical religious tradition.

Child's choice.

Edited:

It'd be interesting to see if anyone actually has any counter-arguments, though.

16. Post #16
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    it should be the patient's choice.
    Why?

17. Post #17
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I don't think there's much of a debate to be had here, then. It's just an illogical religious tradition.

Child's choice.

Edited:

It'd be interesting to see if anyone actually has any counter-arguments, though.
    Most of them ignore the religious history like the plague and insist that it's medically necessary due to hygiene concerns (as if the dick isn't already the most frequently "washed" part of the man's body when he takes a shower) and cosmetic concerns, e.g. "girls will think he's a freak if he's not circumcised," which is tantamount to saying "everyone else is doing it."

Edited:

Read the thread.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,760 Posts
    I would have thought that was fairly simple. It should be down to the person whether or not they want anything done to their body for non-medical purposes.

19. Post #19
    July 2007
    981 Posts
    Most of them ignore the religious history like the plague and insist that it's medically necessary due to hygiene concerns (as if the dick isn't already the most frequently "washed" part of the man's body when he takes a shower) and cosmetic concerns, e.g. "girls will think he's a freak if he's not circumcised," which is tantamount to saying "everyone else is doing it."
    America is a strange place.

20. Post #20
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,904 Posts
    I was circumcised and I don't really give a shit, but I won't do it to my kid.

It's, like, his penis. I shouldn't be able to dictate what it looks like.

21. Post #21
    February 2010
    1,204 Posts
    A counter argument could be that a person circumcised from birth wouldn't know what it's like to have a foreskin thus wouldn't be deprived of something he never experienced (Same applies to foreskin holders). That is why you would usually have opinions favouring the experience that is true to yourself or find a reversal is unecessary. It's a useless piece of skin that may have protected you from thorny shrubs millenia ago so i find it difficult to believe there could be any other resentment apart from the authority over your choice. We can all agree upon this and rightly come to the decision that it would be better off not to cut it because some believe it denies your individual right to not have it done -even if if there is no other justification.

Of course, i will then have to argue is it ethical for your parents to have the choice in giving birth to you... silly as it seems but it is incredibly important to take on-board. People having resentment for their parents for doing so because they wished they hadn't been born thus needing to go through the anguish of killing oneself.

22. Post #22
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    I'm circumcised and while I don't think about it much, but I do think about it enough to believe it should be the patient's choice.
    Read the thread.
    I would have thought that was fairly simple. It should be down to the person whether or not they want anything done to their body for non-medical purposes.
    I'm sorry, I misread lazyboy's post. I thought he had said that it should be the parent's choice.

23. Post #23
    If they can abort the baby, why can't they circumcise it?

Not saying I necessarily agree with one or the other...

24. Post #24
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    It's a useless piece of skin that may have protected you from thorny shrubs millenia ago so i find it difficult to believe there could be any other resentment apart from the authority over your choice.
    Actually the foreskin has an assload of nerve endings which allow the male to better determine how close he is to orgasm during intercourse. Additionally, the extra skin produces a sliding-motion around the phallus, reducing discomfort and chafing for the male.

The foreskin is not a protective structure, it is a sensitive structure which magnifies the pleasurable effects of sexual intercourse for the male. It is cut off in religious rituals to discourage sex and masturbation in males. Removing it is akin to removing the female clitoris, in that it makes achieving orgasm more difficult and less pleasurable.

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    1,204 Posts
    That is why i said you can't be deprived of something you could never experience.

26. Post #26
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    That is why i said you can't be deprived of something you could never experience.
    I'm sorry, but that's dumbfuck logic.

You could say that about any body part that serves a useful purpose.

Those who are born blind don't know what it's like to see. That doesn't mean it's a great fucking idea to gouge a newborn's eyes out.

It's mutilation, plain and simple. All you're doing is rationalizing. Poorly, I might add.

27. Post #27
    February 2010
    1,204 Posts
    Well ok point made i replied too quick.

28. Post #28
    July 2010
    5,124 Posts
    No. It's the child's body, not theirs.
    Does the child have a choice in being potentially aborted?

29. Post #29
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Does the child have a choice in being potentially aborted?
    No because the child doesn't exist at that point in time.

If you are going to make arguments please ensure they do not violate causality.

30. Post #30
    February 2010
    1,015 Posts
    I'm circumcised and i honestly i'm happy to be because when i was in middleschool me and my friends used to compare dick sizes one of them had his foreskin and shit looked NASTY he peeled it back and the whole dick was like purple it made my dick hurt

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,373 Posts
    I'm circumcised and i honestly i'm happy to be because when i was in middleschool me and my friends used to compare dick sizes one of them had his foreskin and shit looked NASTY he peeled it back and the whole dick was like purple it made my dick hurt
    well then he had some sort of problem because i'm not circumsised and my dick doesn't look nasty, it's 100% brazilian meat. a true phallic beauty.

however, the weird thing here is the fact that you and your friends used to compare dicks.

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    March 2012
    867 Posts
    I've been circumcised since birth. I don't give a fuck; I'm not that insecure. That being said, some people do have insecurity issues and a sliced up dick isn't going to help that, so it should be the kid's choice.

People who compare the look of a circumcised penis to an uncircumcised penis forget that either way a penis is a sweaty bit of meat with two wrinkly spheres suspended from the base. I don't think anybody in the world has a good looking cock, and if you don't agree with this argument then you are probably physically attracted to penis in some way. If this disturbs you, you need to get over your fear of homosexuality.

tl;dr this entire debate is the very definition of homosexuality (men swapping cocks), but some people don't deal with castration anxiety well, so don't add on to their list of neuroses.

Edited:

This is precisely the point that I'm making. This is exactly what everyone in this thread is doing right now, but they're just not showing their dicks.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,570 Posts
    I was circumcised as a child, doesn't bother me. Honestly it's up to the parents when you're a baby, you really can't object it. I don't know if it affects the child, but it does hurt at first, but really you never notice it until you're told. Hell I never knew I was circumcised till I was 13.

34. Post #34
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    if you guys are worried about what your dicks look like you have problems beyond what your dick looks like.

35. Post #35
    November 2010
    498 Posts
    Removing it is akin to removing the female clitoris, in that it makes achieving orgasm more difficult and less pleasurable.
    What did I just read. Do you even know your basic anatomy? Like holy fuck bro, what the hell.

You can't seriously compare the bodily effects of male circumcision to female circumcision. The closest equivalent to female circumcision for a man is cutting off the glans. Yes, there's more to the clitoris than what is on the outside, but it amputates a woman's sexuality. A guy not having foreskin isn't like that at all. Yes, both are mutilations one way or the other and deserve all of our spite, but they are not fucking comparable conditions.

What the fuck, this has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in a long fucking time.

36. Post #36
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Hey buddy I'm talking about religious rituals here. The removal of the foreskin as a religious ritual serves the same purpose as the removal of the clitoris (discouraging sex and masturbation).

Edited:

Next time you call someone dumb make sure you actually read what they said.

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    March 2012
    867 Posts
    Hey buddy I'm talking about religious rituals here. The removal of the foreskin as a religious ritual serves the same purpose as the removal of the clitoris (discouraging sex and masturbation).
    Is that why they invented circumcision? cause it didn't work. I'm circumcised, masturbate three times a day and have absolutely NO standards at all.

38. Post #38
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Is that why they invented circumcision? cause it didn't work. I'm circumcised, masturbate three times a day and have absolutely NO standards at all.
    It worked back when it was coupled with death by stoning and/or castration as additional penalties for masturbation.

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    My personal opinion on this matter is this.

It's your kids dick, why is one of your first concerns when your they're just born to lop off a bit of their dick, kid just got the damn thing and you're immediatly down with slicing bits of them off for no reason.

Thank fuck I live in the Uk and I was fortunate enough to not have my wang assaulted with sharp implements.

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    March 2012
    867 Posts
    It worked back when it was coupled with death by stoning and/or castration as additional penalties for masturbation.
    Worth it