Mr. Quiggles ~ Stove Jukebox
    Thermadyle ~ Song Lyric Display

Aska49 ~ More work on Check 'Em
    Hentie ~ HAT Progress

Spencer Sharkey ~ Sassilization Scoreboard
    FPtje ~ Prop boost Bouncer
    [URL]

I'm still adding highlights!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Lua King Lua King x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,357 Posts
    That portal editor is looking mighty sexy.

Edited:

[sub]hi foohy <3[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    me
    June 2005
    610 Posts
    my name isn't "jacktool" :( (in the first highlight)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

4. Post #4
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Terribly Sorry <3 I fixed it.

Anyways

Units navigating through the path's waypoints.

Ehh, you can't see the units. But they do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Lua King Lua King x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,070 Posts
    HOLYCRAP I MADE HIGHLIGHTS :V :excited:
    IMO shoulda highlighted the rope trap over the bear trap, bear trap was more Kogitsune's work than mine, to be fair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    Terribly Sorry <3 I fixed it.

Anyways

Units navigating through the path's waypoints.

Ehh, you can't see the units. But they do it.
    HOLY CRAP are those navmeshes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    L33T Lau Coder
    April 2011
    1,813 Posts
    What would you lot rather? A Roleplay gamemode, or a deathmatch gamemode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,804 Posts
    What's the difference?

Edited:

But seriously: Roleplay is EXTREMELY overdone and deathmatch is pointless due to all the hackers in GMod. I recommend you to put your energy into something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    L33T Lau Coder
    April 2011
    1,813 Posts
    Okay, ill re-phrase it. A roleplay gamemode based around plugins and a base framework that is gonna be easy to customize and allows you to create your own gamemodes using the framework, or a modular deathmatch gamemode with multiple game types that can be easily created within (Such as Free for all, Nuclear Defence or Hide and seek etc.).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Okay, ill re-phrase it. A roleplay gamemode based around plugins and a base framework that is gonna be easy to customize and allows you to create your own gamemodes using the framework,
    You mean tiramisu.. or any of conna's shit?

or a modular deathmatch gamemode with multiple game types that can be easily created within (Such as Free for all, Nuclear Defence or Hide and seek etc.).
    You mean fretta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    L33T Lau Coder
    April 2011
    1,813 Posts
    You mean tiramisu.. or any of conna's shit?

You mean fretta?
    Yes a lot like tiramisu/Clockwork (Its not exactly shit now is it...).
    Also, not really like fretta as it involves guns in all the gamemodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #12
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Except with 2 lines of code Fretta can have guns too...

function CLASS:Loadout( pl )
        pl:Give( "weapon_ar2" )
        pl:GiveAmmo( 120, "AR2", true)
     end

Weapons in Fretta. Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,804 Posts
    Why do you want to make something that already has been more or less done? Can't you try to concentrate on something original?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    -snip-broke my automerge :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,070 Posts
    Update on my Floating Combat Text and added support for an RPG addon that I'm working on after this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,458 Posts
    hey nice OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    L33T Lau Coder
    April 2011
    1,813 Posts
    Why do you want to make something that already has been more or less done? Can't you try to concentrate on something original?
    What about call of duty, we are coming up to 9 I think and still strong. People like to play familiar games with a small twist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    363 Posts
    Since it is the start of a new thread I would just like to say thanks to everyone that contribute to the threads. I do not post very often but I always read.
    It is very interesting to see what you come up with and I often learn something from the discussions that follow.

Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2007
    62 Posts
    HOLY CRAP are those navmeshes?
    They are indeed. LuaPineapple's made an amazing pathfinder for Sassilization that I never had time to implement. I'm glad to see Spence is working on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,458 Posts
    What about call of duty, we are coming up to 9 I think and still strong. People like to play familiar games with a small twist.
    they have campaigns that differ each of there games( use to ), why not make something truly unique?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,988 Posts
    They are indeed. LuaPineapple's made an amazing pathfinder for Sassilization that I never had time to implement. I'm glad to see Spence is working on it.
    It's really nice to see Sassilization coming back
    I was sad when the servers went down, that gamemode was really fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2009
    5,619 Posts

parkour gmod shooter,campaign thing

if it involves parkour i will love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,070 Posts

Don't worry, it's going to be much more Dead Island based than WoW based.
    Stats soon to follow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Since I never see you anywhere else but here-
    -Finalized the unit loading and they now fully work off the files and organized all the unit functions into a Unit table.
    -Unit movement now travels from waypoint to waypoint (physics are a bit glitchy but I'm working that out)
    -Buildings are now loaded from files as well. No more global function and table to add them
    -CustomGhost is a function in the building constructor file
    -Walls are *okay* (wip)
    -Shrine spells are loaded from files like buildings/units (wip)
    -effects can be added to units now in an organized way (wip)

Oh and the lobby integration is being sorted out too. Spacetech did some work earlier and I'm trying to work off that.

Nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts

HUD concept art for Help! Zombies!

Been getting an average of 9 players per hour for my gamemode, might as well work on it more :P

Font is futura if anyone is wondering. Just found out that L4D uses futura.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    179 Posts
    It's been a while since I actually worked on something Lua-related, and my Ocarina mod needs some updating.

A lot of cleaning and bug patching has been made (SWEP fixes, Song of Unhealing outcomes cleaned up).

After re-reading the creepy pasta for my friends to know about it, I must have overlooked on some effects (more like a lot!). To name a few, disabling ocarina use, combusting when playing the Song of Time and finished playing the Song of Healing, drowning, jumbling up and replacing text.

I got my good laptop back and fixed, so I'll record an update video on it tomorrow.

[Off topic] Ooooh, made the highlights.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    Looks alright in-game, but you can kind of tell where the brush strokes are :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,442 Posts
    Just a quick question, how do you clip the HUD like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    surface.DrawTexturedRectUV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    The hud is artistically awesome, but I think the top bit is a bit intrusive when compared to screen real-estate... it just seems a bit out of place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    Yeah I threw the top together in a few seconds, I need to work on it more.
    I'm going for l4d's style of having everything gamemode related in the center at the top.

But I might just stick it on the side like in gears of war 3:

I might increase the font size on that wave number though, and I need to add the futura font.

32. Post #32
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    I like the side option best. That's just me though, do whatever you like it looks great either way!

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    Testing out the laser and then the radio played this song.
    Just had to record.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    November 2007
    29 Posts
    This Help! Zombies gamemode is looking great! If you need a mapper or a lua coder fell free to contact me bro!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    I go around begging people for maps, man :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,821 Posts
    Does Help Zomies have both FPS and Third person?

Also, on a side note, we should rename Fretta to Fiesta.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,070 Posts
    Well tooltips took far longer than I wanted them too..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    I'm trying to trace a clientside problem that causes the player to crash. Is there a way to log the console in garry's mod?

39. Post #39
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,821 Posts
    I'm trying to trace a clientside problem that causes the player to crash. Is there a way to log the console in garry's mod?
    -condebug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,075 Posts
    Hey you guys.
    I occasionally pop in to see how the lua community is going and it's just constantly coming up with new and crazy and cool shit.
    It almost makes me want to get back into lua scripting in gmod.

Keep it up you crazy bastards. That voodoo you do is amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)