1. Post #41
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
       One thing that bugged me, though... They included the scene of Hulk catching Iron Man in the trailers, so we already knew what would happen when that scene came. Kind of a let down.   
       I haven't kept up with television or anything, so I hadn't even seen the trailers for the movie.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #42
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,209 Posts
    Hey MPAA, Look! When you produce a movie that isn't absolute shit it sells well! Imagine that!

And yet they're still going to bitch about piracy.
    Uncle GabeN was right, god damnit why can't everyone just listen to him.

3. Post #43
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,591 Posts
    i thought everyone was bored of superhero movies
    what happened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    878 Posts
    I read tons of Marvel comics as a kid and I've been dying to see this.

I'm honestly not surprised it's doing so well. I hear people talking about it all over the place. And considering how many popular movies have led up to this, it's understandable.

5. Post #45
    the part where    the Hulk did that thing, you know what I mean    was the funniest shit I've seen in a movie in years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,131 Posts
    The Avengers had a nice mix of action and comedy. Parts of it made me laugh harder than some full-out comedy movies.

Edited:

the part where    the Hulk did that thing, you know what I mean    was the funniest shit I've seen in a movie in years
       "I am a go-*SMASH*"   
       "Puny god.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

7. Post #47
    October 2009
    9,448 Posts
       I haven't kept up with television or anything, so I hadn't even seen the trailers for the movie.   
    I considerably never watch television. I just watched them when they came out on YouTube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    i thought everyone was bored of superhero movies
    what happened
    large advertising campaigns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    You can use the spoiler tags to post spoilers you know. You don't have to hide vague sentences that are not actually spoilers..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    October 2009
    9,448 Posts
       "I AM A GOD, AND SUCH FIGHTING IS BELOW ME, AND I-"

Hulk then proceeds to beat him senseless like he's Bam-bam. 

Edited:

I read tons of Marvel comics as a kid and I've been dying to see this.

I'm honestly not surprised it's doing so well. I hear people talking about it all over the place. And considering how many popular movies have led up to this, it's understandable.
    People have apparently been raving endlessly about Hunger Games, but when I finally saw that, I was disappointed, especially in comparison to the hype.

Avengers made up for it, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    Thor VS the hulk, Thor VS Iron man

that shit was insane.

I wish Stan Lee good health for centuries to come.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #52
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,591 Posts
    i can understand people seeing a film because of a large marketing campaign, but this entire thread is filled with 'best film ever 11/10'
    out of alot of the places on the internet, i thought fp would be blaming this film for the death of cinema or some hyperbolic garbage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    i can understand people seeing a film because of a large marketing campaign, but this entire thread is filled with 'best film ever 11/10'
    out of alot of the places on the internet, i thought fp would be blaming this film for the death of cinema or some hyperbolic garbage
    I think you're mistaking FP for a community which appreciates intellectually stimulating films

Edited:

I was going to see it today but I felt like shit after work so I stopped caring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,027 Posts
    This movie is one of my favorite of all time. Fucking amazing doesn't even begin to describe .1% of this movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    I usually don't go for movies, but this was absolutely fantastic. I saw Captain America when it came out and I was impressed, but this absolutely blew me away. Definitely go see it.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts

Honestly though, this movie is like a circlejerk of money. Hey, they did what they intended to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,973 Posts
    Contributed to that. Such a good movie.

18. Post #58

September 2008
    789 Posts
    I was honestly surprised how well they managed to weave the aliens into the storyline and the payoff when they finally appear was a great visual treat as well. Robert Downey Jr. was also great in his role as Iron Man and so was Stellan Skarsgård even though his role was pretty minor.

19. Post #59
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    The previous movies I saw in the marvel movieverse were pretty meh. I do love Joss Whedon though, so maybe I'll give Avengers a try.

20. Post #60
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,073 Posts
    I usually hate super hero movies. They're always stupid and uninteresting to me.

But Avengers was fucking incredible and I have not a single complaint. Super hero movie or not it was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,480 Posts
    Going to watch it this Wednesday. Now if only the Justice League was in the same level

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,168 Posts
    I guess I'm the only one who thought it was Ok. By no means bad, but nothing special either.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    I thought the superhero genre would've been thoroughly milked by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,842 Posts
    For all the movies that come with a huge hype and come to a huge wave of disappointment, The Avengers had a huge hype and actually lived up to the hype. One of the best movies to come out in years.

25. Post #65
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    14,106 Posts
       loki and hulk scene    was the best part of the entire movie

sat there laughing for 5 minutes

Edited:

more like every movie built up to the avengers over like 5 years

each ending is like a "hey guys the avengers movie is coming soon come see it, it's going to be AWESOME"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #66
    July 2007
    668 Posts
    thank god my friend timmy and i didn't work this weekend; we would have been destroyed in the ungodly influx of customers at our theater

27. Post #67
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    I don't know what was better about the film, the film it's self or Scarlett Johansson's body...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
       loki and hulk scene    was the best part of the entire movie

sat there laughing for 5 minutes

Edited:

more like every movie built up to the avengers over like 5 years

each ending is like a "hey guys the avengers movie is coming soon come see it, it's going to be AWESOME"
    That hint hint wink wink thing they kept doing was cool all on it's own
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,313 Posts
    Avatar is worth buying it on Blu-Ray, if you have a very nice TV. The quality and visuals are fucking amazing, other than that, it's eh

As for Avengers, I haven't seen it yet, probably will wait on it. I'm not into the super hero shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

30. Post #70
    July 2009
    2,544 Posts
    As for Avengers, I haven't seen it yet, probably will wait on it. I'm not into the super hero shit
    This is clearly not the thread for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #71
    July 2009
    1,708 Posts
    I'm going in the next hour or so to go see it. I have absolutely no idea what it'll be like

32. Post #72
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,915 Posts
    I'm going in the next hour or so to go see it. I have absolutely no idea what it'll be like
    It's like the opposite of The Holocaust.

33. Post #73
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    4,246 Posts
    Going to see this next weekend. The only other movie that I saw leading up to this was Captain America, am I going to be totally lost during this movie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,758 Posts
    My friend randomly invited me to come see this with him last Wednesday even though I had never even considered watching it before.
    I am so fucking glad I went, one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Going to see this next weekend. The only other movie that I saw leading up to this was Captain America, am I going to be totally lost during this movie?
    The only film I saw beforehand was the original Iron Man, wasn't a problem for me.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    Do you guys really honestly think it was amazing? I understand that it's down to personal preference, but to me it seemed like a stock standard superhero film. It didn't do anything new for the genre. What it did do, it did competently (the action scenes were fun).

Hulk was well implemented though. That puny god thing and the 'hulk... smash' part were good.

Compared to Spiderman or the Nolan Batman movies, it was completely forgettable for me. Well done on the money though, I suppose it's well enough earned.

Edited:

No, the only two things I think you'll get confused about is the villain and its origins (if you don't read Thor comics).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    Also, you get to see what happens when Thor's hammer hits C.A.'s shield.
    That moment struck me as really un-Thor-like. I mean, if that kind of power is released when the hammer hits the shield, it would have obliterated CA if it had actually hit him. An unprovoked, possibly fatal attack like that doesn't seem like something Thor would do at all.

37. Post #77
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    But, is it really that good, or is it the new Avatar?
    Come on i loved avatar and i know its basically Pocahontas and Atlantis The Lost Empire combined but I still loved it.

Edited:

Yep it was stupid move that they don't bring back Tobey Maguire they would have earned even more money for sure.

Another thing that bothers me is that a crapload of people hate on spider-man 3 because of the things like venom dies too fast or emo peter I'd personally say it was equal as spider-man 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,157 Posts
    Yep it was stupid move that they don't bring back Tobey Maguire they would have earned even more money for sure.
    None of the Spider Man movies nor the Fantastic Four movies nor the X-Men movies are a part of the current Marvel Movies canon, and so none of those characters will appear as Avengers at any point.
    Also, Tobey McQuire is no longer Spiderman after the abysmal third movie. That's why they have the new kid playing Peter. Its a complete reboot, even going back to how he had to use the mechanical web shooters.

39. Post #79
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    None of the Spider Man movies nor the Fantastic Four movies nor the X-Men movies are a part of the current Marvel Movies canon, and so none of those characters will appear as Avengers at any point.
    Also, Tobey McQuire is no longer Spiderman after the abysmal third movie. That's why they have the new kid playing Peter. Its a complete reboot, even going back to how he had to use the mechanical web shooters.
    Yea i guess but i liked the third movie more than 2 -.- oh and please the new guy can go suck on a sock I prefer my spider-man to be un-serious.

J. K. Simmons isn't in there either which will probably won't make me want to watch the movie that's for sure.

40. Post #80
    November 2010
    1,449 Posts
    Holy Fuck x 19^28

I really want to go see this movie now.