1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,533 Posts

Everyone should make sort of a general/ceo/boss/president/whathaveyou to represent the faction. And we could use a map http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=21764 with each faction leader having a seat on a sort of "council"
    That sounds very interesting, and not all factions have to participate, but the ones who want to should. I guess not many of the "evil" factions would want to be in the same room with basically a world police force.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    T F
    Dennab
    July 2010
    684 Posts
    I am, unless they've decided to cut ties with me.
    It's considered taboo to break a covenant with an ally among the COTEP.

Edited:

Everyone should make sort of a general/ceo/boss/president/whathaveyou to represent the faction. And we could use a map http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=21764 with each faction leader having a seat on a sort of "council"
    So it's like a UN of sorts?

Boy, we won't even go near that council.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

3. Post #163
    August 2011
    2,691 Posts
    I actually have a CEO. Since early on in the last thread, too.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=128553
    I'm using "Stella Bullet" and "The Fallen", the latter being the CEO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

4. Post #164
    :3 FURRY ELITIST PRIDE :3
    January 2011
    6,579 Posts
    The idea is silly. Sorry Fort, but the fact that this is a war thread, not a sit around the a table thread like the UN.

+ We already have neat UN forces to use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,409 Posts
    Corpse harvesting gone wrong. Again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #166
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    6,110 Posts
    Hi there stop attacking us and taking our guys, we didn't do jack to you.

7. Post #167
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,629 Posts
    The idea is silly. Sorry Fort, but the fact that this is a war thread, not a sit around the a table thread like the UN.

+ We already have neat UN forces to use.
    Having a war council doesn't imply being the UN. Countries have war councils, in this day in age, as well as far back into history there have been war councils.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

8. Post #168
    T F
    Dennab
    July 2010
    684 Posts
    Having a war council doesn't imply being the UN. Countries have war councils, in this day in age, as well as far back into history there have been war councils.
    But we aren't countries, atleast I am not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #169
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,629 Posts
    But we aren't countries, atleast I am not.
    Even Organizations, Corporations, or whatever else, they all have some sort of counsel, or advisors, CEOs and they do have "meetings" with others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #170
    January 2011
    6,579 Posts
    It'd just get too tedious after a while.

Hell what do I know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,629 Posts
    It'd just get too tedious after a while.

Hell what do I know
    Yea, you're probably right. I was just putting the idea out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

12. Post #172
    August 2011
    2,691 Posts
    PGI and Towerlight defending against ODQ Forces.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

13. Post #173
    February 2011
    425 Posts
    I have the Leader of COBRA, the European Division. He shall represent us for now.
    You can grab him here:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=123904

I have a division of Operatives in Carentan.
    We will be moving on through then, but we will leave two operatives there to monitor any suspicious traffic that may be a threat to us, they will not bother you.

14. Post #174
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    So, is this too late to join, and what kind of place does an amateur poser have in this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

15. Post #175
    February 2011
    425 Posts
    So, is this too late to join, and what kind of place does an amateur poser have in this?
    Feel free to join now.
    As for your posing, I'm sure if you work hard you will do fine.

16. Post #176
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,972 Posts
    Two Scrappers set up a small trading post mostly consisting of old equipment found in buildings and sheds they passed and some found on a dead soldier.

17. Post #177

September 2011
    724 Posts
    Wouldve made something sooner but video project has been keeping me busy .

After recouping loses from previous fronts and funding some more research into urban combat mechs.
    The new Purifier walkers are first being deployed in the French warezone.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,553 Posts
    So, to commemorate the moment of truth!

TURC Command is currently trying to respond to recent inquiries. Time will be needed for review (and sleep ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

19. Post #179
    January 2011
    6,579 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, Fort, it's just my thoughts, others might enjoy it. I was just thinking, what if one person poses it or something? Theb there might not be any arguing over who does it, etc. It's a good idea, I don't think I worded it right.

20. Post #180
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,611 Posts
    Hey Jim, could I possibly ally you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #181
    March 2010
    1,069 Posts
    I will join in eventually but first i got to make skins so i'll be a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    News article posted:
    Mysterious russian helicopter spotted again, this time in South America

The mysterious helicopter previously seen in france has re-appeared, this time in the amazon rainforest.

The russian military has denied any involvement with the appearance of the helicopter in that area, and they also do not know why the helicopter is there. It is thought that the helicopter may belong to any number of cartels in the area. Due to the stealth capabilities of the aircraft (It was not spotted on radar, only spotted by a quick photographer on the ground) this is a low possibility, but anything is possible at this point.

The helicopter was reported to have stopped at a nearby area in the jungle, but this is where our reports get sketchy. Some eyewitnesses are saying a large creature jumped from the helicopter, some are saying that 2 soldiers emerged from the helicopter, and one jumped/fell out. Due to the skeptical reputation of the locals, these reports should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Whether it's bad guys up to no good or some kind of secret russian operation, we'll keep you posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    March 2011
    843 Posts
    New Soldier Models have Been Picked!
    Get them here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119936 (I use pretty much all of them.) (The Soldiers don't have any face posing. Deal with it.)

New Title card for The Armed Division:

Battlemaster's HQ in the Middle East.

Some armed forces Holding out for extraction from France.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    T F
    Dennab
    July 2010
    684 Posts
    New Soldier Models have Been Picked!
    Get them here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119936 (I use pretty much all of them.) (The Soldiers don't have any face posing. Deal with it.)

New Title card for The Armed Division:

Battlemaster's HQ in the Middle East.

Some armed forces Holding out for extraction from France.
    Nice to meet you, Emilio.

25. Post #185
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    So could my faction's HQ be a ship in space or must it be more "traditional."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #186

September 2011
    724 Posts
    It can be just about anywhere really. I dont think weve ever decided on it

27. Post #187
    May 2009
    985 Posts
    Orbit space, or space traveler?

28. Post #188
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Orbit the earth. A station really.

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble finding non-combat personnel. Like every model pack I come across is completely combat troops. Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #189
    May 2009
    985 Posts
    Then I think it would be okay, unless you nuke from orbit, then you'd be breaking the rules.

Edit:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=127263
    This models are awesome for civilians, unless you mean unarmed military personnel, then I can't help you.

30. Post #190
    February 2011
    425 Posts

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble finding non-combat personnel. Like every model pack I come across is completely combat troops. Any help?
    I've Done some digging, and came across some that may help you
    Generals
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=90717
    Combine Officers
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=109586
    Imperial Officer
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=114344
    Citizens in Class B uniforms
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=115307
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #191
    May 2009
    985 Posts
    I've Done some digging, and came across some that may help you
    You are the best ever. EVER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    T F
    Dennab
    July 2010
    684 Posts
    If we can have space shuttles and oher shit like that, I call the Arc Hammer.

33. Post #193
    May 2009
    985 Posts
    If we can have space shuttles and oher shit like that, I call the Arc Hammer.
    Can I have the Litany of Litany's Litany?

Edited:

Double post, but continuing our march through France.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Thanks so much. That general and Class B uniform set are absolutely perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    6,110 Posts

On patrol.

Edited:

First Contact: ATLAS soldiers storm a TPAF strongpoint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    So do we have somebody keeping track of troop levels and such so that the war in France doesn't last forever, with infinite troops being flung at eachother.

Also a question about gameplay, how does one decide who wins/loses. Based on casualties? Cuz in a kinda "turn-based" thing like this, I plan on using a random number thingy to see who lives and dies during my posts. If thats how this game is played, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,316 Posts

On patrol.

Edited:

First Contact: ATLAS soldiers storm a TPAF strongpoint.
    ATLAS soldiers are getting close. Korro and I, including a couple of Tbone's mercs are planning to escape to Italy.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,553 Posts
    So do we have somebody keeping track of troop levels and such so that the war in France doesn't last forever, with infinite troops being flung at eachother.

Also a question about gameplay, how does one decide who wins/loses. Based on casualties? Cuz in a kinda "turn-based" thing like this, I plan on using a random number thingy to see who lives and dies during my posts. If thats how this game is played, that is.
    Actually, this is a pretty good point. I guess at the way things are going, we're all trying to be good sports. So far it seems to be fine, nobody has done anything too ridiculously unfair and we all adapted pretty well to that random zombie scenario (which was an excellent display as to how well we're all playing the game). I guess once two factions slug it out with each other to different degrees, somebody will have to step in and be realistic; thinking about the capabilities of their armies.

I for one know exactly what I'm weakest in and what I'm strongest at and I know for sure that once I start getting into conflict that I'll give justice to both myself and to those involved in the fight. Even if it is myself posing.

You see, that's sort of why I narrate all events for TURC because I'm hoping to give some exposition to the conflict and I'm opening new doors for anyone who feels like they'd want to contribute their own views based on what has already been said. Once they make their own position clear, then I respond to that. Then they respond to me etc. etc. It's a back and forth thing and leaves most actions completely unpredictable, right?

Not sure how far a random number thingy could go...especially since we'd need something that we could all use (to be fair), you know what I mean?

Now, I need to go make some images. I'm getting into this fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,316 Posts
    Tbone's mercs safely dropped us off at Italy, meeting up with his operators. Looks like we're changing our appearance in Italy, the home of the pizza:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #200

September 2011
    724 Posts
    Actually, this is a pretty good point. I guess at the way things are going, we're all trying to be good sports. So far it seems to be fine, nobody has done anything too ridiculously unfair and we all adapted pretty well to that random zombie scenario (which was an excellent display as to how well we're all playing the game). I guess once two factions slug it out with each other to different degrees, somebody will have to step in and be realistic; thinking about the capabilities of their armies.

I for one know exactly what I'm weakest in and what I'm strongest at and I know for sure that once I start getting into conflict that I'll give justice to both myself and to those involved in the fight. Even if it is myself posing.

You see, that's sort of why I narrate all events for TURC because I'm hoping to give some exposition to the conflict and I'm opening new doors for anyone who feels like they'd want to contribute their own views based on what has already been said. Once they make their own position clear, then I respond to that. Then they respond to me etc. etc. It's a back and forth thing and leaves most actions completely unpredictable, right?

Not sure how far a random number thingy could go...especially since we'd need something that we could all use (to be fair), you know what I mean?

Now, I need to go make some images. I'm getting into this fight.
    Personally i never try to go too wild with my stuff cause quite honestly that would be unfair , the wildest but mainly to add some variety to my stuff is that i make some urban combat mechs and cloned modified dinosaurs really .

And those i try to limit down so i dont over use them.

Edit:

Say is ATLAS still in the game ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)