1. Post #121
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    You require both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA to run this?
    You can get ARMA 2 Free and just launch Combined Ops via Operation Arrowhed. Or so I've heard.

Also, doesn't it kind of split the community by having 2 threads?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    411 Posts
    I don't know if it was just me, but I got a HUGE fps improvement this patch. Did anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #123
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    There's been a patch?

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    411 Posts
    Oh no, talking about the 1.5.6 patch, just took me a while to actually try it out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #125
    March 2011
    1,922 Posts
    Can we play the mod in singleplayer ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #126
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    Can we play the mod in singleplayer ?
    Not as far as I know.

7. Post #127
    March 2011
    1,922 Posts
    okay thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

8. Post #128
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Just uploaded a video of me and my friends playing DayZ, not really exciting or anything, just a typical playthrough with some commentary, hope its at least a little bit enjoyable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,884 Posts
    Hm, I just noticed this thread.

well ok I'm at Camp Facepunch and will probably hop back on once the sun comes up in game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #130
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,687 Posts
    This mod is so damn immersive, feels like I haven't been this thrilled by playing a game since I was a kid.
    Same. I haven't felt the same amount of adrenaline when PvPing since I played Ultima Online, many many years ago.
    Obviously there's a heavy focus on survival since you'll loose your gear (which you did in UO aswell) when you die. Makes you think twice if you have good gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #131
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,203 Posts
    You can get ARMA 2 Free and just launch Combined Ops via Operation Arrowhed. Or so I've heard.

Also, doesn't it kind of split the community by having 2 threads?
    Hmm can you do it the opposite way, Arma 2 and download operation arrowhead demo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,445 Posts
    What is it exactly that causes you to lose your backpack and all your gear? I fought off a ton of zombies with some other guy, we got split up and I got attacked a bit, and after running to a lighthouse for safty I noticed I didn't have any gear except my pistol and 2 bandages?

And how do you refill your water bottle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #133
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    Head down to deep enough water and you'll get a "refill water" option. And if you swam during the running, that may be the cause.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,208 Posts
    The intensity comes from the thought of loosing everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #135
    February 2011
    938 Posts
    Do you think they'll release it as a scenario for coop? I'd really like to just play around with it with a couple of mates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    So i installed it yesterday and i had a little first playthrough:

I started in some village near the coast and heard a lot of zombies (it was night).
    Before i knew it i was spotted by someone named happycow. I thought he was going to kill me but instead we cleared the village together.

Then i followed the traintracks untill they stopped and i kept walking in the same direction into the mountains. After that i stopped because i think i completely left the area.

Edited:

Nice game, though. I really need to find a map this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #137
    February 2010
    2,213 Posts
    Being a bandit (or trying to be) is interesting, the whole server gets paranoid over bandits which I find a nice mix into this. I actually got ambushed by a bandit after killing a guy for running around a town with a flare and attracting EVERY fucking zombie in a mile radius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,687 Posts
    Hmm can you do it the opposite way, Arma 2 and download operation arrowhead demo?
    no

Edited:

The latest patch introduced crashed helicopters, spawned randomly around the map, that have some uber loot in them. They will look like smoking wrecks. It was supposed to be an Easter egg. Unfortunately, I forgot about my anti-hacking scripts. As such, do NOT get inside the crashed helicopters. You will be instantly killed and/or turned into a wild boar (perminantly) and/or ejected into the sky at 100m/s (or any number of other fun ways I deal with hackers in the scripts).

So, until the next patch, please ONLY get inside the UH1H (green) helicopters. Do NOT get in the grey ones! Please pass this onto others in game.
    Edited:

boar sounds like fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,330 Posts
    Hm, I just noticed this thread.

well ok I'm at Camp Facepunch and will probably hop back on once the sun comes up in game.
    What was the camps server again? na2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

20. Post #140
    June 2010
    2,158 Posts
    no

Edited:

Edited:

boar sounds like fun
    Mind posting a copy of your stellar map?

(Really need to bookmark this kind of stuff)

I'm currently haunting EU1 for the foreseeable future, would be nice to have an EU FP camp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,687 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    862 Posts
    I'm going to buy OA just for this, is DayZ populated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #144
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,687 Posts
    very. 20 000 unique players and over 200 000 characters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    357 Posts
    Just a quick confirmation. Global chat acts as a local chat right? I''m pretty confused about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #146
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Sadly right now map markers are shared globally
    I think it works like the way channels do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

27. Post #147
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,687 Posts
    global is global. just like command (only to group leaders but every survivor is in their own group) and side/group channel. direct and vehicle is local

Edited:

if that's what you meant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    no

Edited:

The latest patch introduced crashed helicopters, spawned randomly around the map, that have some uber loot in them. They will look like smoking wrecks. It was supposed to be an Easter egg. Unfortunately, I forgot about my anti-hacking scripts. As such, do NOT get inside the crashed helicopters. You will be instantly killed and/or turned into a wild boar (perminantly) and/or ejected into the sky at 100m/s (or any number of other fun ways I deal with hackers in the scripts).

So, until the next patch, please ONLY get inside the UH1H (green) helicopters. Do NOT get in the grey ones! Please pass this onto others in game.
    this must have been what killed me last night.

:(

Edited:

also using vehicle channel to set markers when nobody else is in a vehicle with you/you aren't in a vehicle is a good way to set private markers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #149
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    Find helicopter, fill it up, get shot and the guy just crashes it because he knows fuck all how to fly it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    June 2010
    2,158 Posts
    Find helicopter, fill it up, get shot and the guy just crashes it because he knows fuck all how to fly it.
    Happens every time, 2 of us found a chopper minus a tail rotor everything else shiny.

Leave it for 30 seconds, a full group of guys appear pile in and crash the thing into the sea.

Also, RFP on the EU pull a logoffski every time they take fire - ones to watch out for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Died to ladders when I get an ALICE and CZ

fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    357 Posts
    ARse! Found a flashlight, dropped my pistol. PISTOL GONE. Whyyy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,651 Posts
    Because you didn't drop it you only replaced it. DayZ doesn't drop shit when you pick up new shit for some reason so items will magically vanish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,884 Posts
    What was the camps server again? na2?
    US4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    omg how do i install this?!

Edited:

i don't have the steam version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    Just go to whereever your game is installed and do it like you're otherwise instructed to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    357 Posts
    omg how do i install this?!

Edited:

i don't have the steam version
    Go to your arma directory, create a folder Dayz, in folder Dayz, create folder Addons. Download everything and extract in Addons. When you launch arma, you have to switch on the mod in the expansions option first. That's on the main menu.

Hope its clear now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

38. Post #158
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Doesn't work for me, something about "CABuildingParts" missing

Halp pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,532 Posts
    Ugh. Was scouting out a town from the distance while prone, then a zombie fucking teleported to me or something (it made no noise) and instantly knocked me out and killed me, despite me having 70% blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Doesn't work for me, something about "CABuildingParts" missing

Halp pls
    Move files from "Addons" in ARMA 2 directory to "common" in ARMA 2 OA directory

worked for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)