1. Post #441
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,704 Posts
    Also it's kinda dumb but a train would be cool. There are all those tracks and mods to make the trains work already, it could be a speedy transportation method along the entire coast (AKA: The biggest cities and best loot) and I doubt zombies pose a threat to a train.[/QUOTE]

Well yes, zombies don't really pose a threat to a train, but debris, malfunctioning or non functioning switch tracks, and failing infrastructure do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #442
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,692 Posts
    me and my friend found a really damaged chopper in elektro so we were just killing everyone on sight while trying to find parts, we'd found fuel but not much else so we were still looking when suddenly we hear a whizzing noise and the fucking chopper takes off and flies away
    My friends drew out the Bandits from the Elektro fire station and I climbed a ladder onto the roof to steal their huey, the problem was that I didn't notice the extremely low fuel counter, so as I took off and flew towards the flare they popped to pick them up, I ran out of fuel and crashed into a building, landing on all 3 of them.
    SO IT WAS YOU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 47Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    I'm living on Stalinsky Island. It is a quiet life where I shoot maybe three zombies every respawn cycle, and reap the rewards of ~4-5 spawns, civilian and industrial. You could always swim out here, but be forewarned as you will lose your backpack and everything in your primary slots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #444
    My group of friends and I are fucking pro at this game, we all have Aks's and atlas packs with a shit ton of medical supplies and the best stuff you can get, and have been alive for days now. Surprisingly we've only come across 2 humans, but never any real scary situation with them. The scary part about this mod is that you're probably always being watched, luckily our group is of 3 people including me, and I'm pretty sure people don't mess around with groups. It would kind of suck to be by yourself in this mod.

Edited:

Also it's kinda dumb but a train would be cool. There are all those tracks and mods to make the trains work already, it could be a speedy transportation method along the entire coast (AKA: The biggest cities and best loot) and I doubt zombies pose a threat to a train.
    Well yes, zombies don't really pose a threat to a train, but debris, malfunctioning or non functioning switch tracks, and failing infrastructure do.[/QUOTE]

I don't picture a train working too well just because of the danger of other humans waiting for the train to arrive at some spots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #445
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,704 Posts
    well fuck, whenever I join a server after dying I always die instantly, but this time the countdown timer is going painfully slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #446
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    My group of friends and I are fucking pro at this game, we all have Aks's and atlas packs with a shit ton of medical supplies and the best stuff you can get, and have been alive for days now. Surprisingly we've only come across 2 humans, but never any real scary situation with them. The scary part about this mod is that you're probably always being watched, luckily our group is of 3 people including me, and I'm pretty sure people don't mess around with groups. It would kind of suck to be by yourself in this mod.

Edited:

Well yes, zombies don't really pose a threat to a train, but debris, malfunctioning or non functioning switch tracks, and failing infrastructure do.

I don't picture a train working too well just because of the danger of other humans waiting for the train to arrive at some spots.
    alice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #447
    October 2009
    2,302 Posts
    The whole tank thing wouldn't really work since the only place that spawns AT4's is the NW airfield, and whoever owned the tank could just camp it until the end of time

8. Post #448
    August 2011
    2,284 Posts
    Just add more spawns for RPGs in the patch with the tanks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #449
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    I'm living on Stalinsky Island. It is a quiet life where I shoot maybe three zombies every respawn cycle, and reap the rewards of ~4-5 spawns, civilian and industrial. You could always swim out here, but be forewarned as you will lose your backpack and everything in your primary slots.
    Yeah, I just got to the Dam on the far north part of the map. I fell into the water and lost everything. It's like going to Las Vegas and getting mugged as soon as you turn onto the strip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    Just add more spawns for RPGs in the patch with the tanks?
    That would destroy the atmosphere. There are 49 other players who would kill for my equipment. I wouldn't like to worry about a tank ruining my day too.

Edited:

Also imagine a bandit group that stockpiles RPGs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,456 Posts
    When I started playing I used to group up with random people and kill useless bandits when they'd fire at me. Now I don't bat an eyelid at massacring groups of survivors and stealing their medical gear and food.

There's just nothing much to do when you are with a group that is fully kitted out with Mk48s, DMRs, M16M203s, NVG, GPS and Coyote Elites except murder people. It's also incredibly easy to find people if you wait near a town for a couple of minutes and listen for gunshots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #452
    August 2011
    2,284 Posts
    God this game is intense. I was in Zub looking for loot. I was climbing the stairs and a zombie popped out, scaring the crap out of me and causing me to fall down the steps several floors. I managed to patch myself up, and I threw a flare I just found to lighten it up. Worth it for binocs and a knife, along with some food.

I thought I was a goner for sure.

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,140 Posts
    Also it's kinda dumb but a train would be cool. There are all those tracks and mods to make the trains work already, it could be a speedy transportation method along the entire coast (AKA: The biggest cities and best loot) and I doubt zombies pose a threat to a train.

Some quick examples:

14. Post #454
    April 2011
    1,022 Posts
    the only acceptable train would be small hancar/draisine or similar track motor car
    also maybe the human force powered one ;)

the problem is too much work involved
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,205 Posts
    After 8 hours playing all night with my brother we had a great loot, I shot two bandits that got in a small skirmish with us, then after all of that I accidentally shoot my brother trying to defend him from a zombie.

Then shortly later I'm ganked by another bandit.

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I was in a group of 4 in Elektro. We stopped at the hospital to pick up some blood packs, One of us was shooting the window to break it when another guy from our group walked in front of him and instantly got hit in the back of the head and died. It made the shooter into a bandit, so we had to leave the city before anyone killed him.

Also is it bad that the possibility of this mod being remade for ArmA 3 is the main reason I'm looking forward to the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #457
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,415 Posts
    I am on Chicago 4, and I can't find my friend, anyone know of a way to find people easier, or where the hell maps are?

Edited:

Also, do you really have to go to the player selection screen every time, It takes like 3 minutes to get back in, it isn't that bad since I might die every hour or so, but still.

18. Post #458
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    Use this. Has English and Russian names of the towns, look for signs with the name on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #459
    December 2009
    629 Posts
    Looks cool

20. Post #460
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,298 Posts
    Going to give this a go.
    Is there a facepunch group/gang/whatever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,140 Posts
    What the fuck, I keep spawning in the debug area.

Edited:

Don't get me wrong I'm getting awesome loot killing other people in limbo, but still

Edited:

Fucking shit, no matter what server I'm on, I spawn in debug. This is frustrating, I have good gear and I want to play, any suggestions?

22. Post #462
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    My friend and I capped a huge gun cache full of ak's and a bunch of other shit, horded food and water in the airbase and shot anyone who got near for around 5 hours. MASTERS OF END OF DAYZ.

23. Post #463
    December 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Got shot in Stary Sobor by an unidentified player after nearly dying to a zombie attack. I'm starting to rethink my loner stance, I might be safer with other players.

24. Post #464
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,952 Posts
    They would need to be beyond rare.
    Well, that was the idea. People think that when I say "There should be -a- tank" I mean there are like four or five and pretty easy to fix.

Basically a tank would be one of the hardest vehicles in-game to repair and tank shells would be just as rare as RPG's if not more scarce. (Considering how rare RPG's are consider that) they'd eat jerry cans for breakfast and would have to be supplied with M249 ammunition to make the machine gun work (guy using it is pretty exposed, remember.)

It's more of a day. "Okay, we spent a week getting this thing fixed up, we've got two shots. Let's save it for a rainy day." And "Oh shit Bandit Group #2 has declared our group, Bandit #1's extermination but I know where their base is! Let's end this shit. Get the keys."

It's like. Right now what are the biggest objectives? Survive. Group up. Make a base. Loot. Arm yourself to the teeth. Fix a boat, fix a car. Fix a helicopter (this is like the end game, you fix a helicopter and use it as a group with deadly effect) so the tank would be the very last thing a group would be able to do. It's basically a really scary looking APC though considering how rare I think tank shells should be.

Edited:

It'd be funny to watch a bandit put razor wire in the tracks and jam up the train before lighting off a flare to have zombies swarm the stranded passengers. Or driving a car onto the tracks and setting up snipers in the woods and picking off survivors as the trains stops and they all dismount than reap the loot.

As it is so far I've found zombies at every train station I've been too.

I think the tank would work better than a train honestly. I'm just dreaming.

But really. Keep things exactly as they are. Add tank shells to the game, make them extremely rare, add one tank to game and make it incredibly hard to repair using special parts. It'd balance it's self out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,432 Posts
    tanks in dayz ruins the mood completely it's a stupid idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #466
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,952 Posts
    I honestly don't see how adding a single tank which would be idle 90% of the time ruins the mood. Chances are if someone fixed it you'd never even see it because of how time consuming it is to stockpile the fuel and ammunition to use it. The map is also huge.

It's like saying "Helicopters ruin the theme of days" but so far I think it really adds to it when you see a group of bandits fly past in a helicopter with it's searchlights, hiding in the shadows until it passes. Or the video posted in the OP where the group uses them to loot stores. Or the med-evac team that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

As it is none of us are devs or even have any connection with them. We're just being bros and saying "Wouldn't it be cool if X"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

27. Post #467
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,432 Posts
    why would you compare tanks to helicopters they're completely different

i don't even understand why you are discussing this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #468
    December 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Yeah I guess it's really a case by case basis. I wouldn't want to go too overboard on vehicles though, boats, cars and choppers covers a pretty good range of mobility in itself. All I'd really like is either more enterable buildings or maybe a few more zombie variants (I'd still love to see tough, high HP shamblers).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,514 Posts
    I honestly don't see how adding a single tank which would be idle 90% of the time ruins the mood. Chances are if someone fixed it you'd never even see it because of how time consuming it is to stockpile the fuel and ammunition to use it. The map is also huge.

It's like saying "Helicopters ruin the theme of days" but so far I think it really adds to it when you see a group of bandits fly past in a helicopter with it's searchlights, hiding in the shadows until it passes. Or the video posted in the OP where the group uses them to loot stores. Or the med-evac team that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

As it is none of us are devs or even have any connection with them. We're just being bros and saying "Wouldn't it be cool if X"
    It'd turn out to be either too difficult to get to make it worth it or overpowered and stupid.

That and there'd be no way to stop the tank considering how rare a rocket launcher is (if there even is one yet).

Edited:

What the fuck, I keep spawning in the debug area.
    This was happening to me, I had to respawn sadly.
    I tried for a good 30 minutes to get it working.

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,140 Posts
    So apparently you can escape the debug zone by running east to Kamenka.

I got an AK and ten mags from the debug zone

Edited:

It'd turn out to be either too difficult to get to make it worth it or overpowered and stupid.

That and there'd be no way to stop the tank considering how rare a rocket launcher is (if there even is one yet).

Edited:

This was happening to me, I had to respawn sadly.
    I tried for a good 30 minutes to get it working.
    Damn mate, should have googled it, it's escapable!

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,514 Posts
    Damn mate, should have googled it, it's escapable!
    Oh, you mean the land one? I thought you meant the water debug one.

I kept spawning in the water. I probably could've swam to shore but I would've lost all my items if I did that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #472
    July 2010
    3,767 Posts
    amazing how combined operations is a topseller again on steam because of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #473
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,952 Posts
    Yeah I guess it's really a case by case basis. I wouldn't want to go too overboard on vehicles though, boats, cars and choppers covers a pretty good range of mobility in itself. All I'd really like is either more enterable buildings or maybe a few more zombie variants (I'd still love to see tough, high HP shamblers).
    Enterable buildings are much more important than anything at this point aside from bug fixes. I don't honestly like the idea of zombie variants, seems like we're bordering on cliche and it's hard enough to survive if your a newbie. Maybe a rare soldier zed that is more resistant to body shots due to armor but even than eh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #474
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts

A tank would just not fit. And assuming it would require as much as maintnance as you describe then even adding one would be pretty useless. Its rare, its scarce and maintaing it would require countless of hours of repair and refuel. Im pretty sure that would require quite a significant amount of effort to properly code in and then balance it out which would take months because it's rare as fuck. Its not worth it.

Also we do have a connection to the dev, he regularly visits the thread and sometimes replies as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    I just installed OA and DayZ, but whenever I start the game I get disconnected at the "Multiplayer Setup" screen. RPT:

I put all the files from the archives into the @DayZ folder...
    I have the same issue as this but my files are in OA/@Dayz/Addons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,298 Posts
    I need someone to help me get started.

I'l be your best friend.

37. Post #477
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I have the same issue as this but my files are in OA/@Dayz/Addons

try addons with a lowercase a

don't forget to enable the mod, too

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    Tried it already with lower and upper, running CO, arma 2 1.11, i think and OA the latest patch on forum, 1.60?, Can join other multiplayer servers with no issue.

mod is enabled in expansions ingame

I get a problem when i join a server cannot edit this mission, missing ... then all the files in addons, but they are extracted there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,240 Posts
    When all the discussion was in the arma thread someone posted a decompiled weapon list, anyone saved this list by chance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,671 Posts
    Had some good fun on US7 last night, teamed up with 6 guys and completely ransacked Elektro. We were gonna make a car and stay near Stary before clearing out the airfield but it was 3am at this point, and 4 hours of sleep for college is pushing it.

Man I love this mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)