1. Post #561
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    Well, motherfucking ladders man, how do they work, i just randomly fell off of it and died, lost a AK47 and a M1911, and now I am joining and its taking forever, its been like 15 minutes
    That's a feature. Like falling down stairs in Zomboid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,715 Posts
    Yay!
    I won't be able to log for a few hours either, that's great! <3
    I logged off being raped by zombies in the industrial area of Cherno, I guess, it was pretty dark. I'm guessing it's north-ish.
    Also, I will probably look like a bandit. Although, my humanity is well above the default levels...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

3. Post #563
    December 2010
    2,555 Posts
    Stashes like in STALKER would be interesting. Maybe make 2 seperate items, the packs and then some kind of lock that you can put in the pack so only you can open it? Or maybe it gives you a key so if they kill the player they can open the stash with it? Can ARMA even do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,874 Posts
    I was looting a corpse and someone killed me. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #565
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,373 Posts
    I just got killed by a guy camping out in the aircraft control tower with a Vintorez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #566
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    I like watching people complain about dying. It's how this would really play out. Everyone likes to think that a zombie apocalypse would be really cool and everyone would be a Survivor man but in reality if you survive the initial chaos you're still likely to get shot in the back of the head for some pork and beans or break your leg by falling off a ladder and than set upon by zombies. The mortality rate during such things is less than desirable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #567
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    I like watching people complain about dying. It's how this would really play out. Everyone likes to think that a zombie apocalypse would be really cool and everyone would be a Survivor man but in reality if you survive the initial chaos you're still likely to get shot in the back of the head for some pork and beans or break your leg by falling off a ladder and than set upon by zombies. The mortality rate during such things is less than desirable.
    If only there would be a disconnect timer...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #568
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,458 Posts
    Me and six of my buddies from college camped the factory out of Elecktro on KC2, we threw flares out into the distance and funnily enough, only bandits ever came into the glow, we dispatched them quick smart and looted their corpses keeping us going for a good 4 hours before they logged off and hit the sack.

I've never found a game thats made treking around the wilderness so much fun.

9. Post #569
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Found a tent and took an AKS-74 with kobra sight out of it.

10. Post #570
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    This game could use some kind of throwable meat item to distract the zombies in case you run out of ammo and you have like 10 of them on you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #571
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    This game could use some kind of throwable meat item to distract the zombies in case you run out of ammo and you have like 10 of them on you.
    I thought empty cans and bottles were used in this fashion already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #572
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    I wish there was some form of "new life rule" so when you die you'd revert to survivor. I passed out on a ladder and got stuck in an infinite timer glitch about a week ago(I was a bandit). I log in today and I'm back where I was but completely healthy with full blood, about 800 humanity, but I'm still a bandit as I should be. Blah blah blah I get killed and respawn. Still a bandit I take 5 steps and I'm sniped. Respawn again and I run into a survivor immediately. We just stop and stare at each other, then he starts shooting me. We exchange shots and I go down. Since he shot first he was the one that alerted a sizeable horde to come running over. As he's bandaging up they gank him, and a few break off to beat me. He goes down hella fast and I shoot him in the head. My ~800 humanity drops to -1.4k instantly. Guess I gotta be a bandit forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,520 Posts
    If you're having trouble with ladders, IMMEDIATELY go prone as soon as you stop climbing off the top.

99% of the time this'll stop you from falling back down.

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Oh damn, the people who had that tent were coming back, but they crashed their car in the woods and died. Then the server crashed. At least we got the loot still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #575
    February 2009
    2,002 Posts
    In addition to that, groups have a much higher survival rate than loners. They can more effectively loot and are less likely to be randomly attacked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #576
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,427 Posts
    If you're having trouble with ladders, IMMEDIATELY go prone as soon as you stop climbing off the top.

99% of the time this'll stop you from falling back down.
    Crouching works too.

Just don't climb them with a pistol out and you'll be fine.

17. Post #577

November 2010
    140 Posts
    Just had an amazing time with this. I met up with some random guy in Elektro and survive with him for a bit, turned out that he was super bloodthirsty and we went on this rampage of sniping and me covering him with a AKM which we got from the first two victims of his rifle, was cool to see a good sniper in action and not be on the shooty end of the sniper rifle for once.

18. Post #578
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,726 Posts
    Do a lot of people use VOIP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #579
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    In addition to that, groups have a much higher survival rate than loners. They can more effectively loot and are less likely to be randomly attacked.
    You're only really safe when you get to around a group of 5. I've taken on a couple of groups and they're not hard, just need to make sure you're in a good location and use the environment to your advantage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,202 Posts
    Am I the only one that climbs ladders with my pistol out and never falls? I keep the W key depressed the entire time and have never fallen.

21. Post #581
    October 2011
    120 Posts
    Random internet assholes are a key component to making this mod a success. If everyone was super-helpful and friendly it would be boring as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Am I the only one that climbs ladders with my pistol out and never falls? I keep the W key depressed the entire time and have never fallen.
    Not every ladder will make you fall, but a lot of them will like the wooden watch towers at military bases.

23. Post #583
    February 2009
    2,002 Posts
    Random internet assholes are a key component to making this mod a success. If everyone was super-helpful and friendly it would be boring as fuck.
    Just like in FO online the russian speakers are going to kill you straight up, I have noticed. Not that english speakers are that much less likely, but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,325 Posts
    Do a lot of people use VOIP?

Wait you can play this game in some fashion without using one?

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    There are around 2700 people playing DayZ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Just like in FO online the russian speakers are going to kill you straight up, I have noticed. Not that english speakers are that much less likely, but still.
    In DayZ it seems almost the opposite.

I've had much better experiences with Europeans, and Russians when I'm on their servers than US servers. US servers also seem to have a higher rate of random killer douchebaggery.

I don't mind pvp, but when a guy with a SAW trolls Elektro it's lame.

27. Post #587
    August 2009
    9,500 Posts
    There are around 2700 people playing DayZ.
    The popularity of this mod is kind of annoying. Once we get new servers for people to join they get filled up its a few seconds. Half the people who play the mod barely even know how to play the vanilla game itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #588
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    I'm stuck in a gas station currently, 955 blood, barely any ammo and I keep fainting from blood loss. I have no idea where I am because I cant read the roadsigns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #589
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I'm stuck in a gas station currently, 955 blood, barely any ammo and I keep fainting from blood loss. I have no idea where I am because I cant read the roadsigns.
    This map can help you then I guess.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,701 Posts
    That's a feature. Like falling down stairs in Zomboid.
    Talk about a shitty feature. I'm not sure what they were supposedly going for when they added a feature that causes you to forget how to climb up off of a ladder, while also preventing you from grabbing hold midfall.

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    In DayZ it seems almost the opposite.

I've had much better experiences with Europeans, and Russians when I'm on their servers than US servers. US servers also seem to have a higher rate of random killer douchebaggery.

I don't mind pvp, but when a guy with a SAW trolls Elektro it's lame.
    I honestly can't say that I do much better on the different regions. I generally just head to EU simply because it's not as full as the U.S. Everyone that I've grouped together with in the past was in the U.S, I generally don't get into shitty situations because I head through the forests in a straight line (Which is faster than heading by road anyways).

32. Post #592
    August 2011
    2,291 Posts
    So the servers are fucked or something. They were working great last night but now I can't join anything. Stuck at server response.

33. Post #593
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    Talk about a shitty feature. I'm not sure what they were supposedly going for when they added a feature that causes you to forget how to climb up off of a ladder, while also preventing you from grabbing hold midfall.
    I was joking but people have died from more trivial things.

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,687 Posts
    Broken mechanic? No, it's a feature!

Although I want to dig up pumpkins. Why else are they there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

35. Post #595
    August 2009
    9,500 Posts
    Press G once you get to the stop and walk forward. You won't fall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Broken mechanic? No, it's a feature!

Although I want to dig up pumpkins. Why else are they there?
    Same reason some tents contain gun-racks you cannot take from. To give you false hope.

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    660 Posts
    This post pretty much just caused me to buy ARMA 2 for this mod. Fainting from blood loss and having no clue where you are sounds so fun in a zombie outbreak situation.

38. Post #598
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,726 Posts
    Wait you can play this game in some fashion without using one?
    Why yes.......

... if I play alone.

39. Post #599
    January 2010
    9,643 Posts
    This post pretty much just caused me to buy ARMA 2 for this mod. Fainting from blood loss and having no clue where you are sounds so fun in a zombie outbreak situation.
    I once got lost in the dark, but managed to find out where I was by trying to read Russian road signs while throwin road flares in the dark to actually be able to see stuff. It wasn't that hard since the first part of Elektrovalensk or something looks similair in Russian.

Edited:

It was fun though none the less, on the way I also teamed up with some guys and we all got to Elektro without too much trouble.

40. Post #600
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    After some detective work, I found out that I am right here.

Please help me :(

I dont even know the server name oh god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)