1. Post #9361
    January 2008
    1,251 Posts
    holy shit melee weapons are actually very effective. at least the crowbar is. it kills zeds in two hits and i didnt even get hit once myself. found it in a convenience store
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #9362
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    Ran into a dude with nothing but a flashlight. Scared the shit out of me til I realized he was telling the truth about being unarmed. I think the body nearby made him suspicious of me, but I don't kill flashlight wielders. I offered to help him get to the fire station nearby but he said it was empty. He found a makarov soon after and we went our separate ways. It's nice that more survivor encounters aren't a quick death to someone you didn't see.

Edited:

holy shit melee weapons are actually very effective. at least the crowbar is. kills a zed in 2 hits
    The spawns are hilarious though. I found a pile of 6 hatchets after killing a guy nearby with 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #9363
    It's pretty amusing how people in this thread always say how they were "startled" by someone before killing them "accidentally"

4. Post #9364
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    I was startled to realize that some guy was prone in the dark in front of me after turning on my ghetto NVGs. The result was no accident though.

5. Post #9365
    August 2009
    4,582 Posts
    Holy fucking shit, server just crashed twice from like 500 people spamming join on it.

Its up now, had to lock it for 15 mins to avoid to wave joins.

We should have a server where only thread dwellers can join. That way we actually talk to everybody we play with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #9366
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,875 Posts

Just me pretty fucked, but at 1:30, you can see my hero. Don't know who it was btw... But we managed to survive, thanks to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #9367
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    We should have a server where only thread dwellers can join. That way we actually talk to everybody we play with.
    I don't think Rocket supports that idea, exclusive servers + persistent world = a lot of potential for cheating.

8. Post #9368
    I don't think Rocket supports that idea, exclusive servers + persistent world = a lot of potential for cheating.
    Don't they already have password protection though?

9. Post #9369
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    True, but why punish people who don't cheat?

10. Post #9370
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,852 Posts
    I'd like a facepunch only server. Even if it was facepunchers killing other facepunchers. I'd prefer to get killed by someone I've at least talk to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

11. Post #9371
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    It's also not like banning locked servers will keep players from farming loot. If you have a group of 10 people stacking loot at the Stary mil tents, it doesn't matter if the server is locked or not. Nobody is going to be able to do anything about it.

12. Post #9372
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    I'd totally support an exclusive server, just don't think Rocket supports the idea.

13. Post #9373
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,063 Posts

Just me pretty fucked, but at 1:30, you can see my hero. Don't know who it was btw... But we managed to survive, thanks to him.
    Did you make it out? The suspense is killing me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #9374
    August 2009
    4,582 Posts
    That's what I thought the FP server was. But then i found out that it wasn't password protected.

We should have a password on a FP server that gets handed out in this thread whenever it changes, and people should only share it with a couple of friends that they play with. That way we keep the server local and friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #9375
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,875 Posts
    Did you make it out? The suspense is killing me!
    Yeah I have another video, we managed to sneak through the zombies and ran away in a warehouse. Then the guy disconnected. But we were perfectly safe. Still without ammo.

That momen was intense, the night really dark and when I saw the flashlight I was really scared. But that guy was friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #9376
    June 2008
    642 Posts
    Damn I really wish they would brighten the nights up just a bit; enough to at least see the ground. Once night time hits, I can't play anymore. Every server I've joined is night time right now, I've given up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #9377
    1.7.1.2 is bugged, FP US133 is reverted to 1.7.1.1 with Dwardens experimental lighting/fixes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #9378
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,726 Posts
    So how do we revert?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #9379
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    Wait, what exactly is bugged?

Edited:

Could it not be that your server just got mauled by people looking to join a server with the same version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #9380
    Nope, I'm on the admin IRC. Everyone is crashing every 10 minutes.
    Guys Im uploading the old files for you guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

21. Post #9381
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    Damn I really wish they would brighten the nights up just a bit; enough to at least see the ground. Once night time hits, I can't play anymore. Every server I've joined is night time right now, I've given up.
    problem with bad server hosts who don't set it on the right time of month

22. Post #9382
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,063 Posts
    Yeah I have another video, we managed to sneak through the zombies and ran away in a warehouse. Then the guy disconnected. But we were perfectly safe. Still without ammo.

That momen was intense, the night really dark and when I saw the flashlight I was really scared. But that guy was friendly.
    That's a relief. Great moments in video games are like these, when you make it through by a hair, and with one mistake, everything would be over.

23. Post #9383

Reverted to last playable build of DayZ..
    Files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6j9ngmg1s4m8yk6

24. Post #9384
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,882 Posts
    Are servers allowed scripts that check the people? Cause if so could a whitelist of FPers work?

25. Post #9385
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,726 Posts

Reverted to last playable build of DayZ..
    Files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6j9ngmg1s4m8yk6

So what's wrong now? Why for the server restart again?

26. Post #9386
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,543 Posts
    Yeah, pretty buggy hotfix.

When you pick up a weapon, it'll drop around 6 hatchets and a crowbar in its place.
    Shit's fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

27. Post #9387
    So what's wrong now? Why for the server restart again?
    Everything is up now, I restarted for name change to include REVERT :V

28. Post #9388
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,404 Posts
    So when can we expect a hotfix for the hotfix of the hotfix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #9389
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,572 Posts
    No offense to rocket, but this is why you don't put new shit in a HOTFIX.

30. Post #9390
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,543 Posts
    No offense to rocket, but this is why you don't put new shit in a HOTFIX.
    It's not even that really.

It doesn't seem tested AT ALL, like I don't think he ran it before uploading.
    The weapon bug is the first thing I encountered, a minute in and it doesn't appear to be random either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

31. Post #9391
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,250 Posts

hahah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #9392
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    This is what melee looks like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

33. Post #9393
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,067 Posts
    Not bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

34. Post #9394

November 2010
    375 Posts
    Anyone know any servers that are daytime at the moment. I hate playing at night when I am just starting out.

35. Post #9395
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,936 Posts
    Well that's cool
    I no longer have a hatchet, because the game decided to throw 6 of them onto the floor along with 2 crowbars while i was trying to switch between my rifles

They're not actual crowbars and hatchets though, magazine bags called "hatchet" and "crowbar", which I can't pick back up

Edited:

game has also decided to transform the revolver i picked up into a makarov
    great

Edited:

Trying to pick up anything if you don't have room in your inventory now seems to automatically pull out your binoculars if you have them
    every time i spawn, i immediately pull out binocs

Also, how much space does the crowbar take?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

36. Post #9396

November 2010
    375 Posts
    Well, it seems to me that Rocket is an even shittier programmer than Notch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #9397
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,627 Posts
    This is what melee looks like.
    Finally. Going to get some zombie beat down going as soon as i get on, just going to find my first hatchet/crowbar and just hit as much shit as I can because fuck zombies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #9398
    February 2010
    2,210 Posts
    I'm fucking annoyed about side channel and all removed. Way too quiet on chat. Melee seems interesting, considering the fact that Arma 2's engine goes crazy about melee. Once I get my gaming PC up and running again (it be broke), maybe the game will be playable.

Also holy shit the dayz thread on /vg/, is a massive shitstorm (/vg/ is usually a pretty chill place) about side channel, coding etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #9399
    every server i join ends up crashing after a few minutes wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

40. Post #9400
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,936 Posts
    are you fucking kidding me
    can't use the crowbar i pick up
    apparently has no "ammo"
    click noise when i try to hack with it
    then server shits itself and i come back
    minus my useless crowbar
    minus 6 of my M24 mags
    i know this is just an alpha but jesus rocket
    get your shit together
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)