1. Post #9841
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Don't upgrade, you literally can't sneak pass zombies now.
    I just went all the way through berezino, broke into the hospital and left with no aggro, I think you people crying about zombies are really bad at the not being seen thing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #9842
    Its usually the impatient people that end up getting killed by zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #9843
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,397 Posts
    Heh, decided to hop on and give a quick whirl. My brother was complaining that he has nothing but a torch on spawn. Seems I still have my old char with the revolver you used to start with and a couple other bits and pieces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #9844
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,611 Posts
    Can anyone help me? I have broken bones, but nothing to fix it with. I'm in a small, wooden dark brown house (the standard one with the small entrance, a hallway and one room with table to the left). It's on the outskirts of town, on the west side.

I have makarov clips, steel bolts and some other small stuff I can trade... And I could use a surviving-buddy too.

Edited:

Oh... Nevermind, someone just killed me with a hatchet. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

5. Post #9845
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,670 Posts
    I wish Rocket would just use either A2 or OA because I don't like downloading 16GB of content just to play a mod
    I wish you would not post about stuff where you do not have any idea how it works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #9846
    I wish you would not post about stuff where you do not have any idea how it works
    You're actually offended by a 1 day old post? Wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #9847
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,789 Posts
    Hah, me and 2 other friends witnessed a shootout in Stary Sobor today. Two guys sat inside a barn, another guy snuck up on em and shot one of them through the window

Everyone died.

And then we spotted some guy trying to flank and sneak up on us, we were sitting in the forest above the military camp, long story short, he took some M16 rounds to the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #9848
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,670 Posts
    They should fix nearly all the collision issues this mod has, like poking a vehicle on a tree and you explode, or you get out of a vehicle inside a tree and explode, or prone in a small space and you explode, or a friend gets too close to you while proned and you turn around and you get thrown into a wall and explode
    That is something you can only fix in the engine itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9849
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Its usually the impatient people that end up getting killed by zombies.
    I've never ever died from zombies and I've been playing for a long time.

At least the new zombies are abit more of a challenge rather than easy mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #9850
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,670 Posts
    You're actually offended by a 1 day old post? Wow.
    yes extremely offended, i am actually punching a wall right now with my bare fist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #9851
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,173 Posts
    I've been killed three times from zombies seeing me about 10m away while I'm sitting still prone. No, it doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #9852
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    I just went all the way through berezino, broke into the hospital and left with no aggro, I think you people crying about zombies are really bad at the not being seen thing...
    It's not that you smug-platted-license plate, its the fact that it changed from a perfectly functional system to a new dysfunctional one. Crouch walking used to be the best way to travel with 1-2 sound, now it generates a motherfucking 3 sound on grass. The only fucking way not to produce sound is to crawl, and if you can understand a lot of people just changed from 1.7.1.2, you should understand the frustration with the new system.

And it is in essence - bullshit. Somehow me running on grass makes more noise then a fucking Makarov going off. I'm hoping they change it back, it's almost impossible to go through a city without Quantum Leaping every building or by crawling the whole affair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #9853
    yes extremely offended, i am actually punching a wall right now with my bare fist
    Just sayin I'd rather see retarded posts be swept under the carpet then given some attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #9854
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    Day Z Development
    ‏@dayzdevteam

Important: Tents will be wiped when update 1.7.1.5 is released within next 6-24 hours. Pack your tent and collect items. Sorry about this
    https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/stat...32602457350144
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

15. Post #9855
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    It's not that you smug-platted-license plate, its the fact that it changed from a perfectly functional system to a new dysfunctional one. Crouch walking used to be the best way to travel with 1-2 sound, now it generates a motherfucking 3 sound on grass. The only fucking way not to produce sound is to crawl, and if you can understand a lot of people just changed from 1.7.1.2, you should understand the frustration with the new system.

And it is in essence - bullshit. Somehow me running on grass makes more noise then a fucking Makarov going off. I'm hoping they change it back, it's almost impossible to go through a city without Quantum Leaping every building or by crawling the whole affair.
    Good god keep up with the latest patch notes.

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.5
    * [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
    * [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
    * [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
    * [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
    * [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
    * [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
    * [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

quit your whining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #9856
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,707 Posts
    Seriously, I had absolutely no problems with the old 1.7.1.1 systems that we all know and love. All I wanted was a fix for the zig-zag pathfinding, but no, now we need all this superfluous difficulty that adds jack shit to the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #9857
    February 2008
    1,787 Posts
    Why are so many people in the DayZ community so violent and aggressive? You have the deathmatch only players, those who rant about how the cod kiddies should fuck off back to wow, and those who rant about people complaining about the mod, and those ragingly complaining about the mod. I wish everyone could just be friendly to eachother (Perhaps not ingame, but atleast on the forums, including here).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

18. Post #9858
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,173 Posts

* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
    * [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
    * [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
    * [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)
    * [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
    * [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
    * [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

quit your whining.
    yeah just because its going to be changed in a few days doesn't mean we can't express our opinion on how bad it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #9859
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts

quit your whining.
    Obviously something is wrong with the system if more than the minority are complaining about it - and just as well because it was actually broken. Now get off your fucking high horse; not everyone is aware when patches come out when there's more to worry about.

Any FPers in Berezino with an extra pistol they don't need? I could really use one right now.
    I'd log on and give you one but I really only have a PDW that I kind of need, but if you're still in Berezino definitely hit the military camp on the soccer field, it's exactly West of the Lumber Mill iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

20. Post #9860
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    I just got seen by a zombie about 100 meters away when I was crouched

FUCK YOU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #9861
    Im actually quite happy they are resetting tents, it gets rid of abandoned tents and means my server uses less memory.. because somehow there are 300 tents on my server, I'm betting half of those are abandoned or full of duplicated gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #9862
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Im actually quite happy they are resetting tents, it gets rid of abandoned tents and means my server uses less memory.. because somehow there are 300 tents on my server, I'm betting half of those are abandoned or full of duplicated gear.
    Is there away to get Side working on your server again? Talking with people and discussing random crap passes the time nicely on long walks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #9863
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,173 Posts
    Obviously something is wrong with the system if more than the minority are complaining about it - and just as well because it was actually broken. Now get off your fucking high horse; not everyone is aware when patches come out when there's more to worry about.

I'd log on and give you one but I really only have a PDW that I kind of need, but if you're still in Berezino definitely hit the military camp on the soccer field, it's exactly West of the Lumber Mill iirc.
    That's where I was headed, it's just a matter of finding a gap in the zombies where I won't be detected.

24. Post #9864
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,707 Posts
    I want to know how long the infected bodies stay, because entering an area only to see piles of bodies always made everything more tense and cautious, as it presents a clear warning that someone was there earlier.

25. Post #9865
    Is there away to get Side working on your server again? Talking with people and discussing random crap passes the time nicely on long walks
    All it requires is one character to be removed to enable sidechat, but for some reason Rocket is hates us and decided to blacklist us for having it enabled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #9866
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,704 Posts
    Rocket should keep side-chat until we get working radios with frequencies and shit like that. If/when we get radios, I won't give a rat's balls about side-chat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #9867
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    yeah just because its going to be changed in a few days doesn't mean we can't express our opinion on how bad it is.
    I would rather have it 'broken' like it is right now, rather than stupidly easy as it was before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #9868
    February 2009
    1,984 Posts
    Tents are going to be wiped when the next update rolls out.

Better go stuff what you can into your backpacks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #9869
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    All it requires is one character to be removed to enable sidechat, but for some reason Rocket is hates us and decided to blacklist us for having it enabled.
    I think it would be nice to have side chat, but keep the direct. Maybe if he makes it so people have to find a radio for side chat?

30. Post #9870
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,200 Posts
    I'm not even using tents because it's simply not practical on the current state of the mod.

Edited:

I need some creepy sentences or ideas for this:

I'm using my NVG to sneak around the beach and creeping new players and other ones out by making noises or saying weird shit near them.

Somebody got some creepy ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events

31. Post #9871
    V
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,266 Posts
    I found a crashed helicopter with two FN FALs and a Bizon SD. I didn't take anything, but if anyone wants to find it, it was on Dallas 44 near Grishino, 062045.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #9872
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    I'm not even using tents because it's simply not practical on the current state of the mod.

Edited:

I need some creepy sentences or ideas for this:

I'm using my NVG to sneak around the beach and creeping new players and other ones out by making noises or saying weird shit near them.

Somebody got some creepy ideas?
    Playing tribal music

Edited:

and throwing a flare so its all red
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #9873
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,200 Posts
    Playing tribal music

Edited:

and throwing a flare so its all red
    Nice idea haha, they shouldnt see me tho! At night man.

34. Post #9874
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,611 Posts
    Just go 'no no no no no no no no no no' in a weird, changing pitch and volume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

35. Post #9875
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,200 Posts
    I should search for creepy noises on youtube and play them over my mic, yes that's what I should do! Also all while saying help me and doing weird animations with my char and if they run I simply kneeshot them and continue doing that weird shit infront of them

Best idea ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #9876
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Nice idea haha, they shouldnt see me tho! At night man.
    Try to hide in a bush when you do it, they will likely be so scared they'll be blinded by tears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #9877
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,200 Posts
    Just go 'no no no no no no no no no no' in a weird, changing pitch and volume.
    Someone else already did this. I should cry on my microphone and do unnatural movements with the arma char all while having the zombie skin on.

Edited:

More ideas guys, might combine them all and soon you'll see shitstains on the beachground by all those pants shitting newcomers

38. Post #9878
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,994 Posts
    What's the reason I can't join the FP server? Did you go onto build 93825? It says I need 1.60.(more numbers)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #9879
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,973 Posts
    Jesus christ finally I can play again. My fps just keeps going down to unplayable levels whenever I try to play on 1.7.1.4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #9880
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Whenever around 10 zombies started to chase me, I'd drop down to 15 straight FPS for some ungodly reason...I think my computer is out to get me.