1. Post #4321
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,295 Posts
    My god I've been running blind in a forest for like an hour.

Why am I having fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

2. Post #4322
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    So is it safe to play again with the hotfixes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4323
    November 2009
    1,035 Posts
    Could they make it so that dead player's bodies become zombies like a few hours after dying? It could make things interesting when you see a dead zombie with a backpack around with like 10 other zombies and deciding if its worth killing him and the rest for the loot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4324
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    So, guys i have a tent but its not letting me place it anywhere ive been trying for at least like an hour now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

5. Post #4325
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    Crouch and hold shift with your inventory open. Right click the tent and spam "pitch"

Just walk around doing that until it works. It's extremely picky and the surface doesn't actually have to be flat. But you do have to avoid trees. Also a tree as an 'object' also includes the canopy so you can be far away from the trunk, but still under the leaves which means you're technically 'inside' the tree object and you need to get away.

Edited:

Also Brother Scribe Zombo if you're listening; did you ever get back to camp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4326
    Head over heels in love with Pudding~
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    I was lurking around, throwing flares as a sort of bait, since I was running low on food and ammo and so I decided to kill someone, as well as to see things. I see someone running towards me and so I hit the dirt, he sees the flares and hits the dirt as well. I observe him rolling around looking for the 'bandit' [me] as I slowly inch my way towards him, Makarov at the ready.

I get within 5-10 ft of the guy and I unload a couple shots into him. It doesn't kill him and he returns fire. All of his bullets miss me and I spray into his body, apparently missing him. I roll and reload and he does as well. We both exchange fire for about a minute or 2 before he gets up and starts running.

I pursue him for about 5 to 10 minutes and as we neared Kamenka I watched him get torn apart by zombies.

Oh well, at least I got a couple cans of beans and ammo out of it considering that I was running low on both. I refilled my supplies [I used a lot of ammo shooting this guy, and I didn't have much to begin with] and headed out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

7. Post #4327
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    Ok, so i finally got my guy to stop its making clanking noises and he bends over to build but nothing is happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #4328
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Strangely enough this game is playable on a 2600 pro 256mb, a core 2 duo @ 2.13 ghz and 2gb ddr2 667 ram.

while 4gb ddr3 1333 mhz, 5650m 1gb ddr3 dedicated, and an i3 330m can't play it as well compared to the above specs [I found that computer in the trash]

9. Post #4329
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    Strangely enough this game is playable on a 2600 pro 256mb, a core 2 duo @ 2.13 ghz and 2gb ddr2 667 ram.

while 4gb ddr3 1333 mhz, 5650m 1gb ddr3 dedicated, and an i3 330m can't play it as well compared to the above specs [I found that computer in the trash]
    Wow. Goddamn. I have no idea what any of that gibberish means. It's just a bunch of random letters and numbers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4330
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Wow. Goddamn. I have no idea what any of that gibberish means. It's just a bunch of random letters and numbers.
    a 2600 pro is one of the first generations of the "ATi Radeon HD" series of cards. It started with the 2000 series and now we're at HD 7xxx.

a 2600 pro is a midrange card of the 2xxx series. It's basically a blend between the 2400 pro and the 2600 xt pretty much. The XT version was clocked higher but needed more power [and thus video card connectors]

My video card that I found in the trash along with this system is a 2600 pro. It's a Sapphire one as well, and doesn't even have one of those two slot heatsinks [my brother's 512 his 2600 pro has a two-slot heatsink]. I expected it to perform very poorly in ArmA 2 [10 fps wise since thats what my brother gets]

I compared it to my laptop's gpu, which is an ATi Radeon HD 5650m with 1GB of dedicated video memory. That means the memory is located directly on the video card, etc. It was also clocked at 690 mhz for the core and 890 mhz for the memory [which was ddr3]

My 2600 pro had 256 mb of ddr2 memory. I clocked it to 690 mhz for the core and 610 mhz for the memory. It was also weaker in other terms I'm sure but I cba to look it up.

Basically my 5650m for some reason couldn't even touch DayZ on lowest settings [average/max fps was 20 or below] while my 2600 pro is doing even better on the same settings [~30+ fps on the same settings]

so essentially a card that is several years old is outperforming a card thats like 4x or more better.

and it makes no sense at all.

Edited:

I'm also a trash picker considering that I found the computer I use to play this game in the community garbage bin [also found another one]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #4331
    June 2005
    226 Posts
    DayZ ported to http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/ would be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #4332
    September 2008
    223 Posts
    its a desktop vs. a laptop

i finsihed games like BLops and mw3 on a ati2600

i wouldnt bother on my laptop which has a 5600 something

also its a 2009 game so...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

13. Post #4333
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    My friend's reaction to dying:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #4334
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    its a desktop vs. a laptop

i finsihed games like BLops and mw3 on a ati2600

i wouldnt bother on my laptop which has a 5600 something

also its a 2009 game so...
    The desktop is also one found in the trash that has a first gen [I think?] core 2 duo, 2gb of ddr2 ram and a gpu that is several years older than the one in the laptop. The laptop has double that, including speed I think, way more hdd space, a faster and newer processor, and a gpu that should be outclassing the 2600 in nearly every way.

The laptop is better in pretty much every way and it gets good heat circulation. Theoretically it should be performing a lot better than a desktop from 2006, considering that the laptop came out in either 2011 or 2010. I think it was 2011.

15. Post #4335
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,635 Posts
    Nobody answered last time, so I'll ask again.

Does anyone know where I can get CO for cheap since the Steam price is way too high for me right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

16. Post #4336
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts

Does anyone know where I can get CO for cheap since the Steam price is way too high for me right now.
    Amazon! For 15 bux
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4337
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts

not as far as I know. Isn't the Steam version like $30?

you'll just have to wait. Alternatively you could go the OA/A2F2P route but I don't know if you'd want to.

18. Post #4338
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,635 Posts
    Amazon! For 15 bux
    Does it send you a steam key? I live in Europe.

19. Post #4339
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts

I thought you only needed operation arrowhead and Arma II free?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4340
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Does it send you a steam key? I live in Europe.
    Nope, but its a pc download, so its basically just as effective as steam

i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #4341
    June 2005
    226 Posts
    Trying to kill people that are loading for their loot? You sir, are a cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

22. Post #4342
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Trying to kill people that are loading for their loot? You sir, are a cunt.
    Cry more? Nah but they don't really die, as most of the people that spawn don't show a death message, and if they do they don't show a murder on my side, so supposedly no one gets hurt.

But I don't want to do it anymore, and will send the video to rocket, as I had said in an earlier post.

Edited:

And if they really do die then I holocausted the server because I threw a grenade into them all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #4343
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,635 Posts
    I thought you only needed operation arrowhead and Arma II free?
    OA. That's what I meant. Sorry.

24. Post #4344
    July 2010
    1,566 Posts
    Some guy was nice enough to give me two pieces of cooker meat, though to be fair, he did almost get me killed at the NW airfield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

25. Post #4345
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Is there an FP squad by the way?

Also does anyone know if your playerid changes if you switch computers? Because my desktop is downstairs right now.

26. Post #4346
    June 2005
    226 Posts
    Is there an FP squad by the way?

Also does anyone know if your playerid changes if you switch computers? Because my desktop is downstairs right now.
    PlayerID is based on your cdkey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #4347
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Everytime i join a server, i'm unconcious, bleeding and 200 have blood.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #4348
    June 2005
    226 Posts
    Everytime i join a server, i'm unconcious, bleeding and 200 have blood.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Did you perhaps log out after having been shot or hit by a zombie?

You'll probably need to get another person to bandage you if you want to live.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

29. Post #4349
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Did you perhaps log out after having been shot or hit by a zombie?

You'll probably need to get another person to bandage you if you want to live.
    Its kinda hard to be bandaged because i dont know where i am. And i die in 2 seconds because i have 200 health.

Making a new character does not work because i will just spawn with the same conditions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4350
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    I wonder...

should I risk being tired as fuck all day to play this mod a few more hours?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

31. Post #4351
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    Was playing tonight with some friends we were doing good just found 3 tents an after we looted them, we had.

2 Akm
    2 Bloodpacks
    SVD
    Alice pack
    Bunch of ammo im pre sure about 10 akm mags an we already had like 20
    Sandbags
    And a tent

So as we finished this we found a tent we were happy a guy asks over chat

"How much space does a tent take up?"

I reply saying three spots, he then goes on to say wow fuck that im not taking it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

32. Post #4352
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    A cheater called 'SilentHunter' on EU 2 right now.

33. Post #4353
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,884 Posts
    teamed up with a random stranger and spent the next few hours crawling through Chernogorsk, trying to loot and help out some guy who needed a transfusion in the apartments.

he got killed on our way there, and we got into some scrapes with zombies around the grocery store

upon finally reaching the apartments, we were attacked by a bandit, and slowly made our way into the complex to try and kill him
    Turns out it wasn't a bandit, but the same guy we were trying to help earlier. we decided to team up, but were still wary of this new guy who had fired on us (thinking we were bandits)
    in the end, we were assaulted by zombies in the apartment complexes and he helped us, so now we're 3 men strong

JESUS FUCK I LOVE THIS GODDAMN GAME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #4354
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    a 2600 pro is one of the first generations of the "ATi Radeon HD" series of cards. It started with the 2000 series and now we're at HD 7xxx.

a 2600 pro is a midrange card of the 2xxx series. It's basically a blend between the 2400 pro and the 2600 xt pretty much. The XT version was clocked higher but needed more power [and thus video card connectors]

My video card that I found in the trash along with this system is a 2600 pro. It's a Sapphire one as well, and doesn't even have one of those two slot heatsinks [my brother's 512 his 2600 pro has a two-slot heatsink]. I expected it to perform very poorly in ArmA 2 [10 fps wise since thats what my brother gets]

I compared it to my laptop's gpu, which is an ATi Radeon HD 5650m with 1GB of dedicated video memory. That means the memory is located directly on the video card, etc. It was also clocked at 690 mhz for the core and 890 mhz for the memory [which was ddr3]

My 2600 pro had 256 mb of ddr2 memory. I clocked it to 690 mhz for the core and 610 mhz for the memory. It was also weaker in other terms I'm sure but I cba to look it up.

Basically my 5650m for some reason couldn't even touch DayZ on lowest settings [average/max fps was 20 or below] while my 2600 pro is doing even better on the same settings [~30+ fps on the same settings]

so essentially a card that is several years old is outperforming a card thats like 4x or more better.

and it makes no sense at all.

Edited:

I'm also a trash picker considering that I found the computer I use to play this game in the community garbage bin [also found another one]
    I'm hitting 30 fps with a x1600 PRO

As long as I don't look into smoke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #4355
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,012 Posts
    I'm pissed off because I keep spawning in fucking Kamenka and so far the only success I've had playing is killing some bandit in Kamarovo before some Survivor showed up and capped me.

36. Post #4356
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    finally got my fucking speakers working now I can actually enjoy the game!

Edited:

I wonder...

should I risk being tired as fuck all day to play this mod a few more hours?
    too late its 3:51 am
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events

37. Post #4357
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    Died like 10 times tonight. Hopefully I can team up with some people tomorrow.

38. Post #4358
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    why does this game make me work so hard for fun? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #4359
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,654 Posts
    For the people who are having trouble eating/drinking from their backpack, are you right-clicking the item icons or the list? You need to click the icons to use items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #4360
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,920 Posts
    Saves are not working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)