1. Post #481
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,667 Posts
    Tried it already with lower and upper, running CO, arma 2 1.11, i think and OA the latest patch on forum, 1.60?, Can join other multiplayer servers with no issue.

mod is enabled in expansions ingame

I get a problem when i join a server cannot edit this mission, missing ... then all the files in addons, but they are extracted there.
    let us see your folder and modline
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #482
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    apparently driving large groups of vehicles into cities (or just getting aggro'd by zombies) crashes servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #483
    February 2011
    897 Posts
    How do I install DayZ for non steam versions of Arma2? I'm only able to find tutorials/guides for steam versions only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,067 Posts
    I really love this mod. It's a shame that it's so damn buggy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,310 Posts
    It seems that the master server is currently broken, you can load your character but you cannot save it. So keep in mind anything you will find won't be there on the next log in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

6. Post #486
    March 2010
    332 Posts
    well fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #487
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    The amount of russians on EU is just...

:froggonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    I'm getting "Waiting for server response" again :(

I wanna play this game already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    966 Posts

Quick, call Liberty Prime!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    It seems that the master server is currently broken, you can load your character but you cannot save it. So keep in mind anything you will find won't be there on the next log in.

RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE ON EVERYTHING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    December 2010
    3,884 Posts
    I found a fully functional, fully fueled bus on US4...
    Took me only several minutes to crash into a pile of trash at 21KM/H and snap my tendons, making the bus non-functional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    February 2010
    2,210 Posts
    Went to electro, actually saved a bandit's life by killing a zombie that he was attacked by, he attacked and I killed him. As I was healing, his friend came in and killed me.

Yesterday I didn't see any zombies, today I have.

Shit everytime I go to electro, I die. I went with AK-74, pistols, ammo, maps you name and I got bum rushed by bandits.

Such is life in DayZ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,067 Posts
    I can barely ever join any servers. It's stuck at "receiving data" no matter what I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,650 Posts
    I can barely ever join any servers. It's stuck at "receiving data" no matter what I do.
    I get stuck at this for at least 3-4 minutes then it connects, every time I die too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #495
    January 2012
    760 Posts

The only thing I see in chat now is cyrillic letters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,310 Posts
    Wow, fucking wow. My group managed to repair a Bus. We all celebrated and placed it in our encampment, next time we turn around a random gets into the bus and steals it.

Are you fucking kidding me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

17. Post #497
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Wow, fucking wow. My group managed to repair a Bus. We all celebrated and placed it in our encampment, next time we turn around a random gets into the bus and steals it.

Kind of your own fault for not guarding it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #498
    December 2010
    3,884 Posts

W-was this on US4, by any chance? Near- erhnnn. Zelengorsk?

Edited:

Although when I found the bus it was sort of out in the open on a highway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #499

To be honest, that was a pretty ballsy move of him to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,610 Posts

I found a fully functional, fully fueled bus on US4...
    Took me only several minutes to crash into a pile of trash at 21KM/H and snap my tendons, making the bus non-functional.
    Simply amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 35 (list)

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,310 Posts
    Kind of your own fault for not guarding it
    You are not all the time in at your campsite. Normally you go into the the near towns for loot.

Edited:

Simply amazing.
    Wasn't our bus, we are not on any US server.

22. Post #502
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Use this. Has English and Russian names of the towns, look for signs with the name on it.
    http://avidblur.com/arma2/

About the tank, I think it would be a nice idea to have it on the map. It would give a reason for all the fighting, maybe even make bandits kill each other to get the tank instead of massacring survivors 24/7. Even without the ability to shoot, it's still a vehicle and not lightly armored at that, so I don't see a problem with it. It's like adding high-level gear to some RPG game.

Also, I hope the devs will add some sort of non-lootable tent thingy. Part of the reason I liked FOnline is, even though you die, and on some servers there's even permadeath, you can still go back and reclaim some of your stuff, so that makes dying less frustrating and more fun. Maybe you could find some safe deposit boxes with space no bigger than Alice pack and store it in the tent.
    I don't know but I feel it would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

23. Post #503
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts

Well what exactly would you do if you saw a fully repaired bus with nobody guarding it?

Edited:

Is there just a plain image version of this map somewhere? as much as I love waiting for half the image to load, I'd like it if I could just open it in windows image viewer and have everything feel a little more instant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #504
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    http://community.bistudio.com/wikida..._Chernarus.jpg

Is what I use

Edited:

I do know there is a higher res version of the image but I like that one better because it means less scrolling in the godawful steam browser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    That's the one reason I'm glad I bought ArmA retail. I have the giant paper map of Chernarus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

26. Post #506
    I'm a cute gril! :3
    February 2005
    1,435 Posts
    The crazy ivan who stole our bus returned it. Faith in humanity restored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 23Funny Funny x 5 (list)

27. Post #507
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    How are we all meeting up and organizing? Is there a steam group or teamspeak that I don't know about? OP mentions nothing of the sort.

I'm tired of running around in the dark on my own :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

28. Post #508
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Just saw a helicopter get downed in cherno. Looked like it was dropping people off on a roof and someone sniped the pilot. Tempted to go see it up close but it's probably crawling with bandits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    February 2009
    2,015 Posts
    Tried it already with lower and upper, running CO, arma 2 1.11, i think and OA the latest patch on forum, 1.60?, Can join other multiplayer servers with no issue.

mod is enabled in expansions ingame

I get a problem when i join a server cannot edit this mission, missing ... then all the files in addons, but they are extracted there.
    You tried running at as combined operations?

Edited:

How are we all meeting up and organizing? Is there a steam group or teamspeak that I don't know about? OP mentions nothing of the sort.

I'm tired of running around in the dark on my own :(
    I have a fairly large group of guys (10-15) that are stockpiling weapons and gear on atlanta 2. Want in on our ts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #510
    June 2010
    5,526 Posts
    Went to electro, actually saved a bandit's life by killing a zombie that he was attacked by, he attacked and I killed him. As I was healing, his friend came in and killed me.

Yesterday I didn't see any zombies, today I have.

Shit everytime I go to electro, I die. I went with AK-74, pistols, ammo, maps you name and I got bum rushed by bandits.

Electro is a death trap. Bandits all day every day. Just stick to Cherno, whenever I go there it's empty.

Such is life in DayZ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I have a fairly large group of guys (10-15) that are stockpiling weapons and gear on atlanta 2. Want in on our ts?
    Yes, very much so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,584 Posts
    bought arma 2 for this and installed it, joined a server and felt very confuse

Edited:

i shot someone though i think that means im doing it right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,330 Posts
    You tried running at as combined operations?

Edited:

Is atlanta running the beta patch? i might be interested in joinning in... just might be thought need more details first.

34. Post #514
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,153 Posts
    Running around Elektro with AK74 and M1911, SUDDENLY, MASSIVE FUCKING FPS DROPS all over the fucking shop, then BAM 3 shots with a makarov, all spaced out in the lag and I'm fucking dead. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK. Needless to say I alt f4'd the fuck out of there, if I've lost my shit to some little mank noob I'll be fucking pissed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    Running CO, how do i check for certain, this is my launch options

"-mod=I:\arma 2\Bohemia Interactive;Expansion;ca;arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz" -nosplash -world=empty

What version is Arma 2 at and what version is OA at so i can check

Thanks for any help it is appreciated

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,330 Posts
    Running CO, how do i check for certain, this is my launch options

"-mod=I:\arma 2\Bohemia Interactive;Expansion;ca;arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz" -nosplash -world=empty

What version is Arma 2 at and what version is OA at so i can check

Thanks for any help it is appreciated
    Pretty sure you can see your version of arma's at the bottom right in the main menu.

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    Yea in bottom left i have arma 2 symbol and OA so im assuming CO is working, my version is 1.6.......

This is the error message i get

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on* downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles"

38. Post #518
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Are all server lagging so badly?
    It's incredibly annoying

39. Post #519
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Got Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead on steam, just downloading the last of OA then i am going to either love myself for spending 25 GBP, or i am going to pissed off that everyone lied about this game being so good. If anyone wants to join up later, let me know.

40. Post #520
    Running around Elektro with AK74 and M1911, SUDDENLY, MASSIVE FUCKING FPS DROPS all over the fucking shop, then BAM 3 shots with a makarov, all spaced out in the lag and I'm fucking dead. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK. Needless to say I alt f4'd the fuck out of there, if I've lost my shit to some little mank noob I'll be fucking pissed
    Running around Elektro is a stupid idea. I would never go to any city on the coast unless it's Berezino, but even that is risky since more people are going to it nowadays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)