1. Post #7281
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,331 Posts
    Also, after a re-install ArmA 2 now freezes every 4-8 seconds for a period of 2-10 seconds. Even on the menu's it will just freeze every so often.

Anyone know what's wrong with re-installing a game that causes it to do this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #7282
    Why is it when using 1.6.0.1 I can get through wait for host instantly but takes a while with the stuff after, like Receiving Data and Mission File, however with 1.7 Wait for Host takes a literal 10 minutes to get past, whereas Receiving Data and Mission File, as well as loading, are instant.
    Shit servers?

Edited:

Also, after a re-install ArmA 2 now freezes every 4-8 seconds for a period of 2-10 seconds. Even on the menu's it will just freeze every so often.

Anyone know what's wrong with re-installing a game that causes it to do this?
    Bad harddrive?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #7283
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,368 Posts
    Why is it when using 1.6.0.1 I can get through wait for host instantly but takes a while with the stuff after, like Receiving Data and Mission File, however with 1.7 Wait for Host takes a literal 10 minutes to get past, whereas Receiving Data and Mission File, as well as loading, are instant.
    Because 1.7 fixes the Recieving data and such, but the 1.7 is still in a limited release, so the 1.7 version is unstable causing servers to crash/lag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #7284
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,331 Posts
    Bad harddrive?
    How would I test to see if it's my Hard-Drive failing me?

Alright, so far I can't move because every 2 seconds a massive freeze of about 4 seconds in length happens, it's taken me 10 minutes to move from a hill down to the Elektro powerplant firestation because of these freezes stopping me in my tracks.

5. Post #7285
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,016 Posts
    Wait for host is SERVER related receiving data is HIVE related.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

6. Post #7286
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,331 Posts
    Wait for host is SERVER related receiving data is HIVE related.
    So HIVE got better Servers got shitter.

Talk about more demand than supply available.

7. Post #7287
    April 2011
    158 Posts
    does anyone know a good stable server to play on? because all the servers ive tryed so far spikes quite often so my buddy sees me running into a wall for like 10 secs while I see him running into a wall aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

8. Post #7288
    April 2010
    208 Posts
    The data base is bugged because of last nights attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #7289
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts

Got a server up if anyone would like to join it. It's only been up for less then 24 hours so there are plenty of vehicles to find. There is also a 200 ping limit so faggots don't bounce around when you try to shot them. Plus the server restarts every 6 hours or so. (I think)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

10. Post #7290
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,477 Posts
    I feel like I'm losing a bit of interest because the game isn't getting updated. I know Rocket has been away because of E3, but I sure hope he's coming back with as many updates as he used to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #7291
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    What server was that? Sounds like you found the same tents me and my partner found. Same town, same military camp and all.

The things were absolutely loaded when we found them. Three or four different AK's that we took. One of the tents even had forty-five other tents in it. That part really helped us establish our own little hiding place.
    Actually I do remember chatting with you between the side chat, just wasn't sure if you were the Facepunch 'hamberglar' because your H was capital in-game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #7292
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts

Got a server up if anyone would like to join it. It's only been up for less then 24 hours so there are plenty of vehicles to find. There is also a 200 ping limit so faggots don't bounce around when you try to shot them. Plus the server restarts every 6 hours or so. (I think)
    All of us FPer's must get a bike and proceed to bike around Chernarus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #7293
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,146 Posts
    I'd rather the updates take time then be released practically the day after last
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #7294
    October 2009
    951 Posts
    Hmm today on Seattle 5 someone said they were from FP then proceeded to get banned for "spawning items" I was at elektro and we were planning on meeting up

15. Post #7295
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Nerdy if you can, could you enable 3rd person?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #7296
    So I walk into church...

They were an effective cover to kill passerbys, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #7297
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    Nerdy if you can, could you enable 3rd person?
    Fuck no. 3rd person is for bitches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 19Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #7298
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,223 Posts
    Or people who like to run without their screen jumping everywhere, or be able lessen the effects of a low framerate.

19. Post #7299
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Or people who like to run without their screen jumping everywhere, or be able lessen the effects of a low framerate.
    Or not get motion sickness. Hell even playing regular Arma I use third person to travel and first person to shoot, why limit what we can do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

20. Post #7300
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    Or not get motion sickness. Hell even playing regular Arma I use third person to travel and first person to shoot, why limit what we can do?
    There is this amazing feature that you can turn down in the settings called Head Bob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #7301
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,146 Posts
    Oh come on, really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #7302
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    There is this amazing feature that you can turn down in the settings called Head Bob.
    See the thing is I have head bob all the way down. Playing is first person in DayZ is just stomach turning, hell I get more FPS in 3rd person than in first person, not to mention the motion blur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #7303
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,188 Posts
    I think there may be a guy in the church in Elektro connecting and disconnecting, I went in, checked it nothing, saw a corpse in the corner and checked it. Soon after a guy connected inside the church and shot me, he was a horrible shot even with his rifle. I got 3 mags of makarov ammo in and around him before he managed to kill me with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

24. Post #7304
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,155 Posts
    and rolling is more fun in third person cause you can see yourself rolling

25. Post #7305
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    See the thing is I have head bob all the way down. Playing is first person in DayZ is just stomach turning, hell I get more FPS in 3rd person than in first person, not to mention the motion blur.
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-Remover-Addon

Don't know if you can run this and dayz. Not sure how this mod stuff works.

26. Post #7306
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,146 Posts
    Is there a "Turn off robot mode" option in there too? It's much easier to move around in third person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #7307
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    I think there may be a guy in the church in Elektro connecting and disconnecting, I went in, checked it nothing, saw a corpse in the corner and checked it. Soon after a guy connected inside the church and shot me, he was a horrible shot even with his rifle. I got 3 mags of makarov ammo in and around him before he managed to kill me with it.
    Unfortunately my admin powers are very limited and I have no access to logs so I can't really do much right now. :(

28. Post #7308
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    I agree, even with head-bob down the first person feels sickening to me and I'm glad I switched from a strict setting server to a regular server so that some features that I enjoy were available to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #7309
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    3rd person would be great if there was a way it'd disable in engagements
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

30. Post #7310
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,188 Posts
    Whoever is named assault ingame I am friendly at the army base, I cannot speak in side chat however.

31. Post #7311
    February 2009
    1,965 Posts
    So what's this about people getting teleported into the ocean / out of the map when they wear something other than the default player skin?

I've been running around in my camo skin for the last few days, both in 1.6.0.1 and in 1.7, and I've never had this happen to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #7312
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,421 Posts
    please enable 3rd person

this game is really hard when i cant look around and over walls :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #7313
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,188 Posts
    If anyone is on Nerdy's server can they announce that darkrei9n cannot speak in side chat. I almost got shot at because I couldn't tell someone I was friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #7314
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    For some reason I can not get to the side chat. I cycle through all my options and its the only one not there. Has anybody else had this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #7315
    Unfortunately my admin powers are very limited and I have no access to logs so I can't really do much right now. :(
    Can't access logs, can ruin the fun by disabling thirdperson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #7316
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,188 Posts
    For some reason I can not get to the side chat. I cycle through all my options and its the only one not there. Has anybody else had this?
    I suffer from it. You running beta patch for Arma 2 OA? Its disabled on purpose apparently.

37. Post #7317
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    I suffer from it. You running beta patch for Arma 2 OA? Its disabled on purpose apparently.
    I thought so. Not a problem really. Is there an alternative? A different chat that'd work about the same?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #7318
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,188 Posts
    I thought so. Not a problem really. Is there an alternative? A different chat that'd work about the same?
    No, 20 meters or 40 meters for direct chat BTW. So have fun. I almost got shot because I can't tell people that I'm friendly unless I'm closer than 40 meters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #7319
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,505 Posts
    here's a solution for everyone that, like me, likes 3rd person servers:

dont play on his
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 6Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

40. Post #7320
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    please enable 3rd person

this game is really hard when i cant look around and over walls :'(
    Exactly the reason why I don't want to enable it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)