1. Post #7321
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    Holy shit nearly had a heart attack. Was running across an open field when someone opened fire on me from behind. Pulled out my AK turned around and shot his ass. I got really lucky shit. Think the guy's name was John if any FP'ers went to Nerdy's with that name.

Edited:

Also, if you're going to shoot at someone. Make sure you hit at least the first shot, especially if you have a makarov.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #7322
    Im getting a server tomorrow based in USA with 3DP, waypoints and shit if anybody is interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #7323
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,364 Posts
    Aw man, the download servers are down or something. I just finished downloading CO too :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #7324
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,108 Posts
    Im getting a server tomorrow based in USA with 3DP, waypoints and shit if anybody is interested.
    YES PLEASE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #7325
    FZE
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,182 Posts
    Please tell me the player {9gag} 1337_SnipeZzzZz is one of you committing an act of satire or false-flag banditry/griefing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

6. Post #7326
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    Fucking hell people are assholes, its pitch fucking black on nerdys server so if you even think of throwing up a flare you immediately become the prime target of anyone within the vicinity. You literally cannot see your gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

7. Post #7327
    December 2009
    1,370 Posts
    why waypoints
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #7328
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    Fucking hell people are assholes, its pitch fucking black on nerdys server so if you even think of throwing up a flare you immediately become the prime target of anyone within the vicinity. You literally cannot see your gun.
    At that point I just turn my gamma and HDR up so I can see and play like normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #7329
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    The airfield near Krasnostav is barren for the most part on the servers I join. I might head on over to Berezino to loot it since I spent up a lot of my Winchester ammo on zombies that spawned on me.

10. Post #7330
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    At that point I just turn my gamma and HDR up so I can see and play like normal.
    Which is pretty much cheating...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

11. Post #7331
    why waypoints
    Because everybody I know seems to like them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #7332
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,364 Posts
    -snipsnip-

13. Post #7333
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,495 Posts
    post here the second it goes up pls tia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #7334
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    My bandit trap isn't working. Threw literally around 20-30 flares at the church in elektro hoping some asshole would show up thinking there was a player there.

Edited:

People are giant fucking douches... someone came into the church, they shot at me so I shot them with a shotgun, they were bleeding on the ground so I bandaged them to give them a second chance. The minute the person woke up they tried to shoot me. I promptly shot them in the face for that. Seriously, I just gave you a second chance to keep going with your MP5 and you waste that chance?

15. Post #7335
    January 2010
    9,576 Posts
    My bandit trap isn't working. Threw literally around 20-30 flares at the church in elektro hoping some asshole would show up thinking there was a player there.

Edited:

People are giant fucking douches... someone came into the church, they shot at me so I shot them with a shotgun, they were bleeding on the ground so I bandaged them to give them a second chance. The minute the person woke up they tried to shoot me. I promptly shot them in the face for that. Seriously, I just gave you a second chance to keep going with your MP5 and you waste that chance?
    I had the same, I accidentally shot someone in panic, said sorry a few times and while I was bandaging him he killed me :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #7336
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,364 Posts
    Really? I get it all downloaded and now it's telling me I'm running the wrong version every time I enter a server. I can only download 1.6, and every server has 1.7 or whatever.

17. Post #7337
    January 2010
    9,576 Posts
    That's also a reason it's becoming more and more of a deathmatch. Players get bad encounters and they want to avoid that by being the one who shoots first (except for the bandits with ghillie suits and DMR's and shit like that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #7338
    January 2008
    253 Posts
    Found a bus, got into it and died. Goodbye M4 with a 203 and large coyote...

19. Post #7339
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    Next time I shoot someone and bandage them afterwards. I'm taking their fucking gun away first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

20. Post #7340
    Server is gonna be in Chicago, because its rather central.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #7341
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    Speaking of which, if anyone would be willing, can someone give me a blood transfusion on nerdy's server? Im at 2500 blood because of that fucking idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #7342
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    152 Posts
    If you have a blood bag. And aren't out in BFE I'd be happy to help.

Edited:

Otherwise it might take me a while, if you're willing to wait I can go try to scavenge one, but I'm near the coast so depending where you are it could take me a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #7343
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    I'm in elektro right now, near the hospital.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #7344
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    152 Posts
    I'm in Balota, do you have a skype or something we could use to coordinate? I actually don't have any other VoIP programs installed right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #7345
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    Skype username is truedarkrei9n

26. Post #7346
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    152 Posts
    Sent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #7347
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,184 Posts
    Alright while I wait for Hayden here's a story from earlier in the night when I was headed to Elektro after dying.

So I was following the coast on this pitch dark night when I see a flare off in the distance. I can make out the shape of a light house and start making my way over there. Eager to see if there is someone I can group up with there.

About five to ten minutes later I am close enough to see some zeds go after 3 survivors. I quickly go prone and watch them under the cover of darkness from the base of the hill. I watch them finish the zeds off and then wander to the other side of the hill. I slowly begin making my way up the hill using cover from bushes, trees and such to stay hidden because I don't know if they're bandits.

As I approach I can see the door to the light house, I watch one survivor pass and face opposite from the door way, I hop up to my feet and run inside it. It was there I found the body of the innocent survivor.

Ready to take these bandit bastards out I climb the ladder to the the top of the light house and find an AFK bandit standing there. Without hesitation I let loose my entire magazine into his head. With that the first bandit is dead. The flare the bandits dropped soon extinguished itself and I scan the ground for his two friends.

Soon another flare goes out as the bandits search for the source of the gunshots. One sees me before I see him and he shoots, I take two bullets to the chest but quickly return fire. I send about sixteen bullets his way, eventually killing him. It was then that his friend fired again and I noticed how low on blood I was. Only a thousand blood, not enough to bandage up in time to try and finish the last bandit scum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #7348
    FP USA server is going to be US 69
    FUCK, US69 is takin, looks like we're going for fucking US96, god damn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #7349
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,155 Posts
    FP USA server is going to be US 69
    Hope it has 3rd Person view enabled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #7350
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    3rd person is for people that bought arma 4 dayz
    wait HAhAHhahAAHhAHahAHahAHAhAHahAQhaHa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #7351
    December 2010
    2,517 Posts
    I never found much use for third person other than screenshots. I don't like the crosshair servers either since you can too easily just scan the horizon for names.

Anyone else notice that the majority of bandits can't shoot for shit? It seems like if they miss the first shot or two, 90% of the time you're actually pretty safe to get out of there or return fire. The only times I get killed are either someone shooting me from up close or someone nailing me as I looting. They can't seem to hit anything moving.

32. Post #7352
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    I never found much use for third person other than screenshots. I don't like the crosshair servers either since you can too easily just scan the horizon for names.

Anyone else notice that the majority of bandits can't shoot for shit? It seems like if they miss the first shot or two, 90% of the time you're actually pretty safe to get out of there or return fire. The only times I get killed are either someone shooting me from up close or someone nailing me as I looting. They can't seem to hit anything moving.
    100% of the severs I've been to don't have name tags.

33. Post #7353
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    100% of the severs I've been to don't have name tags.
    I've seen a couple with name tags enabled, but it makes it too easy because name tags can also apparently be seen through walls so you can tell if someone is in a building just by looking at the wall they're near
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #7354
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,686 Posts
    Do patches work like any other Steam update, or do I have to patch it manually?

Edited:

Also, how the hell does the Day Z download work? (Never mind, I'm an idiot)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

35. Post #7355
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,027 Posts
    I've seen a couple with name tags enabled, but it makes it too easy because name tags can also apparently be seen through walls so you can tell if someone is in a building just by looking at the wall they're near
    Also spacebar scanning can spot players hundreds of meters away and in the dark, even through light foliage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #7356
    Fucking US69 is taken, looks like we're going for 96, kind of shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #7357
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    Also spacebar scanning can spot players hundreds of meters away and in the dark, even through light foliage.
    aka why its bad
    also through entire cities
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #7358
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts

Found a UAZ at   [REDACTED]   that was loaded with one of every colour smoke, 10 Draganov Mags, 20 AK mags and 10 RGO Grenades. Now only if I had my Camo SVD still :'c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #7359
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,871 Posts
    Killed my first survivor... I was so scared, I heard gunshot and was looking for them, expecting to see a survivor in trouble in order to help him. But I found a survivor, alone, near 2 body of another survivors.

Immediately, I thought he killed them. So I killed him. My heart was beating like hell. I'm a bit sorry for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #7360
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Killed my first survivor... I was so scared, I heard gunshot and was looking for them, expecting to see a survivor in trouble in order to help him. But I found a survivor, alone, near 2 body of another survivor.

Immediately, I thought he killed them. So I killed him. My heart was beating like hell. I'm a bit sorry for that.
    Don't worry, you get used to it. You'll soon kill people with no remorse.