1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Where do you guys find weapons? I've only found a revolver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

2. Post #722
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Found a dead bandit by a crashed Huey.

Sucks ass that you die if you enter them, thankfully I was preinformed of the danger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,878 Posts
    I checked out the "military camp" in Berezino.

It's literally just a bunch of Military props by the hospital with jack shit in them, there is one tent and a sandbag fort that may spawn things but there wasn't anything there when I went through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #724
    Anywhere, big towns like Stary Sobor are your best bet despite the danger of humans and zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #725
    May 2009
    709 Posts
    I hate how the only EU server with room is the one for the outdated patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #726
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Every time I get the urge to play DayZ I start up ArmA 2 and wait 5 fucking minutes for it to get to the main menu, then I mash the enter button for 2-15 minutes to get in.

And when I finally get in, I don't even feel like playing anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    Are the zombies in this mod actually dangerous? I almost never hear about them in this thread, I only hear about other players ending your life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #728
    May 2009
    709 Posts
    Are the zombies in this mod actually dangerous? I almost never hear about them in this thread, I only hear about other players ending your life.
    They don't do much unless there are lots of them.

If you have bandages they are no issue at all.

9. Post #729
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    We should have some private dayz server for facepunchers. There would be so much friendliness :D
    Sort of ruins the fun unless we split into factions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #730
    May 2009
    709 Posts
    There would probably be some bandits still.

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    15,454 Posts
    Barns.

Edited:

Every time I get the urge to play DayZ I start up ArmA 2 and wait 5 fucking minutes for it to get to the main menu, then I mash the enter button for 2-15 minutes to get in.

And when I finally get in, I don't even feel like playing anymore.
    Maybe you've played enough of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    862 Posts
    You can get overrun fairly quick if you open fire in the middle of cherno, you wont survive if you're alone with your makarov
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #733
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    every time I go into a store or a hall i find a winchester

EVERY
    TIME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #734
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    As long as you don't disturb too many of them they aren't so bad, it's why bandits are sort of needed so there's a little more mayhem

Firing off a Lee Enfield or a sniper rifle in a big town typically means you'll be dead soon though, elektro and cherno are pretty bad areas to even fire a pistol if you aren't careful about it (unless the zombie count is like 200)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,040 Posts
    Why can't I hold, All these smoke granades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #736
    January 2012
    778 Posts
    It could actually be fun to split up in different groups and fight eachother. Some could be scavengers trying to make a living while others could be bandits and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #737
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    The airstrip hangers are pretty good for weapons (check all the corners in the hangers), big cities also have a lot of weapons in stores and random houses

Edited:

There would probably be some bandits still.
    Yeah I'm sure if everyone was just being friendly then someone will eventually get bored and just go on a rampage

Edited:

Why can't I hold, All these smoke granades
    green smoke grenades #1 420 smoek green evryday~~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #738
    December 2009
    6,495 Posts
    My current mentality is to just shoot people I'm not directly playing with.

It leads to some hilarious scenarios.

People get mad at me over chat though, I just tell them "Fuck you im insane"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,264 Posts
    They're definitely dangerous in great numbers. They pose more as a nuisance though; especially when looting in towns or cities. As you said though, other players are the bigger concern.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,505 Posts
    Reading about this mod make me really hope it will be what Survarium ends up as

I really must give Arma 2 a proper try but has always run like pants on my PC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Is this worth buying ARMAII for? All I ever hear about is how great the game is anyway, and this seems the exact type of thing I'd want to play, but I'm not sure if my 2xGTX460s and outdated X2 Black can handle it. Just as many times as I hear ARMAII is great, I hear it's poorly optimized and tough to play.

22. Post #742
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Is this worth buying ARMAII for? All I ever hear about is how great the game is anyway, and this seems the exact type of thing I'd want to play, but I'm not sure if my 2xGTX460s and outdated X2 Black can handle it. Just as many times as I hear ARMAII is great, I hear it's poorly optimized and tough to play.
    I don't think SLI works properly with this game. I have GTX 460 as well and I get 30-60 fps with these settings + SMAA config on ultra (with i7 950 stock)

This game needs good CPU though so I'm not sure how your can handle it. I suppose you can look up benchmarks or something OR better yet, download ARMA 2 Free and test it out yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

23. Post #743
    August 2009
    9,677 Posts
    Found a dead bandit by a crashed Huey.

Sucks ass that you die if you enter them, thankfully I was preinformed of the danger.
    If the bandit was inside the gunner seat and it was near Mogilevka then that was probably me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

24. Post #744
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,999 Posts
    I don't think SLI works properly with this game. I have GTX 460 as well and I get 30-60 fps with these settings + SMAA config on ultra (with i7 950 stock)

This game needs good CPU though so I'm not sure how your can handle it. I suppose you can look up benchmarks or something OR better yet, download ARMA 2 Free and test it out yourself.
    Odd, with a gtx460 at 1920x1080, 8GB RAM and an i5 2500k I can practically max the game out at ~25fps

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,876 Posts
    OH GOD, I went in a little town but had no sound, weird bug, or maybe a feature, well I didn't heard a zombie, I killed him and then I attracted a ton of zombie, I went from 10 kills to 42 in 1 min.

I died of course, I was surrounded by them in a house, that was so intense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,878 Posts
    And then I walk into a house and get shot by someone hiding behind the door.

WELCOME TO ELEKTRO, MAY I RUIN YOUR DAY?

shit no wonder people adopt the shoot first and ask questions later contingency plan, though that's half pvpers fault and half the game's fault for having cumbersome in game communication.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #747
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Odd, with a gtx460 at 1920x1080, 8GB RAM and an i5 2500k I can practically max the game out at ~25fps
    Well, I could probably max it out too, but this game is so unpredictable. Although I do get almost 100% GPU usage in towns or with lots of objects around, especially when zooming in.

I'm sure I wouldn't get much boost if I drop settings to low either, except 3D res maybe.

Some settings I put on low deliberately, like Terrain detail, since that removes clientside little grass bushes, they just put unnecessary load on GPU, look ugly, and it just generally helps having them turned off when you're prone. (This is noticeable on Takistan map)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    The worst are servers where names are hidden.

We threw some flares down on the roof of one of the buildings in elektro and a few minutes later a player ran towards us. I asked if he was friendly, and he said no. I asked again, he said no again, so i shot him in the head with my revolver as he crossed the road. Then he asked why we shot him and I realized it was someone else saying no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 33 (list)

29. Post #749
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,999 Posts
    Anyone have the latest files? Their file server is dead.

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Yeah, I'm needing the files, anybody have a mirror or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #751
    January 2012
    778 Posts
    WELCOME TO ELEKTRO, MAY I RUIN YOUR DAY?
    I suggest this as the next thread title if there'll be a second Dayz thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #752
    January 2010
    5,994 Posts
    Uploading the files to filesmelt now. Hopefully it didnt update over night.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iylwh5h8sp...aad41eadmb3tgp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    This mod alone, if you added more buildings to enter, more items and refine the whole thing a bit it'd be worth money as a standalone game. I've already clocked 15 hours in it and I only got the game two days ago (Only had a chance to play twice)
    That's why I really hope it gets ported to ArmA 3. Every single building in A3 is supposed to be enterable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #754
    June 2010
    1,109 Posts
    Too bad this won't run with just ARMA II
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

35. Post #755
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    Why do I sometimes spawn unconcious? It's really annoying when it happens when I join a server.

I am still waiting to wake up, that hourglass is moving so slowly, must be like 3 minutes wait time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #756
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,062 Posts
    Found a guy that knew where two tents were in Chicago 1.
    We got there and bam, I got hit unconscious. When I got back, I was bleeding with 4000 blood. He asked "Inacio where did that come from" but when I tried to bandage myself I got hit.

The guys had made a trap. And it worked.
    Two tents East cherno outskirts, top of a hill by the power station.

Edited:

Had some great loot btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

37. Post #757
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    Okay, so I woke up and I had 12000 blood. Suddenly my character falls over again, but this time no timer is displayed.

Goddamnit!

I am not starving or dying of thirst either, what causes this?

Rejoined, fell over unconcious again, this time with a timer again. 3 more minutes I guess!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,717 Posts
    I seem not to be able to join any server. When its receiving data while joining, I either get kicked or it just stops loading until i hit escape...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

39. Post #759
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,062 Posts
    Okay, so I woke up and I had 12000 blood. Suddenly my character falls over again, but this time no timer is displayed.

Goddamnit!

Rejoined, fell over unconcious again, this time with a timer again. 3 more minutes I guess!
    blood pressure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

40. Post #760
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Was in the ATC tower north-east of krasnostav thinking which I should take, AKM or AK-74. Suddenly, someone fired a loud weapon twice, both missed me.

Biggest adrenaline rush I've had in a long time. My hands are now shaking.

Edited:

Goddamnit!

Disconnection punishment I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events