December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    Hotfix is out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #9323
    Doomed Game Psychic
    January 2005
    1,977 Posts
    Spawn, instantly noticed by zombies, 5 minutes of being chased later finally die.
    Spawn, instantly noticed by zombies, 7 minutes of being chased later finally die.
    Spawn, instantly noticed by zombies, just give up and hope next spawn I'm luckier.
    Spawn, instantly noticed by zombies, find a gun, mow down 17 of them, there's still a fuck ton more in the middle of this farm for some reason, die.
    Spawn, player just instantly kills me out of the blue.
    Spawn, instantly noticed by zombies... just fuck this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #9324
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    2 hours to download a 17 MB file? What?

Edited:

And the torrent links to DayZ 1.7.1.1

Hopefully that's just an outdated label and the contents are the new version.

5. Post #9325
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,961 Posts
    The problem is 90% of the DayZ forum insists on making the game as punishingly difficult as possible and if you don't die constantly they say the game is "too easy" and anyone who disagrees is a CoD kiddie. These are people he sees feedback from.
    I dunno, the people on the DayZ forum can be pretty retarded. And if they're retarded they won't last long. Rocket has a mind of his own, this isn't an entirely feedback driven game. While it's more susceptible to community complaints yes, but I'm sure the difficulty will be leveled out soon enough. To be honest I like it how it is right now, it's pretty tough and getting bored is hard, and maybe some people are trying to blame the technical bits, but we'll see.

6. Post #9326
    February 2011
    237 Posts
    The only thing that annoys me is that its been three days since I've started with this mod and I've seen only one friendly survivor. Every other survivor has shot me on sight with no regards to their current situation. A guy tried pegging me with a Makarov while I was toting a Winchester for Pete's sake.

Doesn't help Ive only rummaged the coastline, but after 1.7.1.1 food has been impossible to find. at least with this new hotfix food pops up.

7. Post #9327
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts

Edited:

The U.S. mirror is really slow for me, try the Sweden mirror.

8. Post #9328
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,573 Posts

Edited:

Just use Six Updater. Also, how many servers are even going to be running this yet?

9. Post #9329
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    I just used the torrent and everything seems to be fine. It says 1.7.1.1 but the files were last edited sometime this morning.

Edited:

I'm sure Chernaurus will let us know when the FP server is updated.

10. Post #9330
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    The problem is 90% of the DayZ forum insists on making the game as punishingly difficult as possible and if you don't die constantly they say the game is "too easy" and anyone who disagrees is a CoD kiddie. These are people he sees feedback from.
    You're not supposed to die.

My average life lasts for days of constant playing, these changes won't alter that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #9331
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Just use Six Updater. Also, how many servers are even going to be running this yet?
    Problem with six updater is that there's some weird sound issue where you can't hear anything when in DayZ servers. It's probably just the updater not downloading the sound files and downloading manually fixes the issue.

12. Post #9332
    Doomed Game Psychic
    January 2005
    1,977 Posts
    The problem is much of this game is luck. You can never find a stash of food or you can be carrying around an alice pack full of beans. You could spawn next to 20 zombies who all want you dead or you could spawn next to 3 guns. You could run into a party of friendly people who help eachother out or lets face it, with how the community is nowadays, you'll probably just be shot by the first guy with a gun who notices you. Lots of this game's enjoyment comes down to luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

13. Post #9333
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,434 Posts
    Well, just started off and was running through Cherno. Found a DMR on some poor sod's body. Good start! Oh but it gets better. I was trying to escape some zombies when I happened across two VERY well geared chaps. They began shooting, though I don't know if it was at me or the zombies, and out of panic I just sprayed bullets all over the place, and killed them both.

Shook the zombies off and went back to take their shit. At first I felt bad about murdering them. But then I took a gander at all the great loot, and... well... I felt much better about it.

14. Post #9334
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Is there a program that sets up the beta patch up correctly for dayz? I'm too lazy/sounds like it might be a pain in the ass to do.

15. Post #9335
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,707 Posts
    I met up with fellow FP member, Leo Leonardo. We had a nice party with the bus and then stashed it away for later.
    FYI the bus is gone, some mean men stole it away

Also Seattle 49 sucks because it crashes literally every 25 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #9336
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Uh, what the hell I had a big coyote that had an m14 and meds in it and when I logged back in I had a coyote patrol with nothing in it. In my inventory I had the AKM I had before but a makarov instead of a 1911 and with more ammo than what I had before logging out. I was also in a different location than where I last logged out, instead of being in between Stary and Pusto, I was at a camp with a tent and campfire.

Then I got kicked for having too high ping. It was weird, it was as if I had logged into someone else's character.

All my cooked meat and water is missing too!

edit:

Problem averted, changed servers and all my belongings were back with me. Creepy...

17. Post #9337
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,884 Posts
    Is the hotfix out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #9338
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    Is the hotfix out?
    Check out the page king.

19. Post #9339
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,867 Posts
    I managed to get a L85 with the Night vision/infa-red scope, and a MK48 today.

I'm feeling baller as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #9340
    I just respawned when a guy with a dozen of zombies following comes running up to me and the only thing I can think of is NOPE. Luckily I didn't loose anything except my life.

Also while wandering around the woods my blood suddenly started dropping and I luckily noticed it in time, did that happen to anybody else? My food/water/temperature was all the way up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

21. Post #9341
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,573 Posts
    Problem with six updater is that there's some weird sound issue where you can't hear anything when in DayZ servers. It's probably just the updater not downloading the sound files and downloading manually fixes the issue.
    What? I've been using SU forever for DayZ and never had an issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #9342
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Reminds me of Notch's downfall. He was just starting to make it a great adventure game and gave up not too long after. Then whenever anyone asked what the fuck was up with that, the NDF just repeated the same old line that the game was about building or whatever stupid rationalization they could come up with. I know Rocket is constantly testing the waters but the waters are full of sirens (the fans who want the game to be stupidly hard and defend everything he does) and sharks (the fans who want a more well-rounded but still realistic experience rather than a masochist-fest, and aren't afraid to criticize Rocket when he makes questionable decisions).

23. Post #9343
    May 2012
    316 Posts
    Well, just started off and was running through Cherno. Found a DMR on some poor sod's body. Good start! Oh but it gets better. I was trying to escape some zombies when I happened across two VERY well geared chaps. They began shooting, though I don't know if it was at me or the zombies, and out of panic I just sprayed bullets all over the place, and killed them both.

Shook the zombies off and went back to take their shit. At first I felt bad about murdering them. But then I took a gander at all the great loot, and... well... I felt much better about it.
    Just out of curiosity, did you kill them on a rooftop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #9344
    Updating to 1.7.1.2 on the FP US133 server!

Edited:

FYI the bus is gone, some mean men stole it away

Also Seattle 49 sucks because it crashes literally every 25 minutes
    You should play on mah server, I try to keep it up as long as possible unless it starts going to shit or bugs out.

25. Post #9345
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    What? I've been using SU forever for DayZ and never had an issue.
    Well, it's only happened to me whenever I tried updating DayZ through it.

26. Post #9346
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    yeah the fp server is p great, never been killed by a hacker and crashes only happen when everyones trying to pile in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #9347
    March 2009
    16,434 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, did you kill them on a rooftop?
    Nah, just in the streets, near the fire station.

28. Post #9348
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I heard those shots, sounded pretty intense. We're they shooting at you with their AK-74 and AKM? Think I watched you run into the firehouse bleeding. (I think you also tried to take my head off).

29. Post #9349
    March 2009
    16,434 Posts
    I heard those shots, sounded pretty intense. We're they shooting at you with their AK-74 and AKM? Think I watched you run into the firehouse bleeding. (I think you also tried to take my head off).
    Yeah, that was them. And where were you? I don't really recall taking shots at anyone else.

30. Post #9350
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Yeah, that was them. And where were you? I don't really recall taking shots at anyone else.
    I was off near the hospital, I could see all that action go down from where I was. Someone took a shot at me right before it all happened.

31. Post #9351
    March 2009
    16,434 Posts
    Hmm, nah, wasn't me. There was some guy on a rooftop near the silos taking pot shots at people for a while. Killed me once, actually. I tried to snipe him once before I had the run in with the other two.

32. Post #9352
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Well, I looted Stary camps for the first time, and got...

Absolutely nothing.
    Like, there was loot and all, but it all sucked. There were some AK variants, and I switched my AK74 with an AKM, but other than that I got nothing.
    There was a huge pile of guns in the center of the 'lane' of tents. I feel like those were hacked in, because they looked so unnatural. But even looking unnatural, I took a look at what the pile had.
    It was just Winchesters, AK variants, and some ammo (including ammo for guns that weren't even there).
    There was an entrenching tool, which I didn't have, but the pile looked too unnatural, so I just left it there.

All in all, big disappointment.

I guess now I head to NW airfield and see if that has anything interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #9353
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,967 Posts
    I can't believe how easily zeds see you now. I can't sneak around anymore without alerting the whole block.

34. Post #9354
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,059 Posts
    Well, I looted Stary camps for the first time, and got...

Absolutely nothing.
    Like, there was loot and all, but it all sucked. There were some AK variants, and I switched my AK74 with an AKM, but other than that I got nothing.
    There was a huge pile of guns in the center of the 'lane' of tents. I feel like those were hacked in, because they looked so unnatural. But even looking unnatural, I took a look at what the pile had.
    It was just Winchesters, AK variants, and some ammo (including ammo for guns that weren't even there).
    There was an entrenching tool, which I didn't have, but the pile looked too unnatural, so I just left it there.

All in all, big disappointment.

I guess now I head to NW airfield and see if that has anything interesting.
    its not hacking
    its Stacking™
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #9355
    May 2012
    316 Posts
    Ah, me and a friend were just roaming around Cherno around that time trying to get some gear, went up on a rooftop (I found out this was a bad idea) and got sniped after like 30 seconds. Similar story happened to my friend.

FUCK THIS SHIT ERECTING AN ARMY OF HATCHET WIELDING NOOBS WITH 1.7.1.2

36. Post #9356
    March 2009
    16,434 Posts
    Ah, me and a friend were just roaming around Cherno around that time trying to get some gear, went up on a rooftop (I found out this was a bad idea) and got sniped after like 30 seconds. Similar story happened to my friend.

FUCK THIS SHIT ERECTING AN ARMY OF HATCHET WIELDING NOOBS WITH 1.7.1.2
    Yeah there's been a dude sniping there for some time now.

37. Post #9357
    January 2008
    1,255 Posts
    i got a no message received error and then this happened

also why is the fp server locked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #9358
    August 2009
    4,582 Posts
    When I play I can't hear any sound except for the clicking. Plus, there isn't any zombies. Does anyone know why?
    Anybody know why?

39. Post #9359
    Holy fucking shit, server just crashed twice from like 500 people spamming join on it.

Its up now, had to lock it for 15 mins to avoid to wave joins.

1.7.1.2 is borked, crashes servers within like 5 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #9360
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,884 Posts
    Hey! at least you are not paying for a half empty server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)