1. Post #9881
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Obviously something is wrong with the system if more than the minority are complaining about it
    They're complaining because they want the game to be run and gun with zombies posing no threat while also crying about how pvp isn't fair. Essentially they just want to run through towns and loot things, then stand around pretending they're surviving against non-existent threats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #9882
    What's the reason I can't join the FP server? Did you go onto build 93825? It says I need 1.60.(more numbers)
    Yes, latest build of DayZ and ArmA2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #9883
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts
    It's not that you smug-platted-license plate, its the fact that it changed from a perfectly functional system to a new dysfunctional one. Crouch walking used to be the best way to travel with 1-2 sound, now it generates a motherfucking 3 sound on grass. The only fucking way not to produce sound is to crawl, and if you can understand a lot of people just changed from 1.7.1.2, you should understand the frustration with the new system.

And it is in essence - bullshit. Somehow me running on grass makes more noise then a fucking Makarov going off. I'm hoping they change it back, it's almost impossible to go through a city without Quantum Leaping every building or by crawling the whole affair.
    Alpha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #9884
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    It's Minecraft self entitlement syndrome all over again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #9885
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    It's Minecraft self entitlement syndrome all over again!
    but even worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #9886

April 2012
    11 Posts
    Alpha isn't a thing you can say that will end all arguments, leaving you the winner. In fact, here you lost the argument.

It IS an alpha, therefore suggestions should be listened to, and complaints should be made. If something doesn't work, it has to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #9887
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Alpha isn't a thing you can say that will end all arguments, leaving you the winner. In fact, here you lost the argument.

It IS an alpha, therefore suggestions should be listened to, and complaints should be made. If something doesn't work, it has to go.
    Have you ever used the bug report forum or do you just whine on facepunch like everyone else?

Nothing posted here counts as a suggestion or complaint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #9888
    February 2011
    235 Posts

Its hard for rocket to listen to these people when they make complete assholes out of themselves and think DayZ should be this perfectly stable mod. I mean seriously, I would take a suggestion from a guy who wants to keep the current sound system and says it politely than then some other guy telling rocket hes an incompetent dickhole who needs to eat shit and die for crouch walking being louder that gunshots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9889
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,949 Posts
    how dare you insult the glorious mod of DayZ, who do you think you are talking bad about something

you should feel ashamed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #9890
    January 2010
    9,576 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #9891
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,206 Posts
    it is alpha thus you cant criticize you mere mortal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

12. Post #9892
    February 2009
    1,962 Posts
    I'm not even using tents because it's simply not practical on the current state of the mod.

Edited:

I need some creepy sentences or ideas for this:

I'm using my NVG to sneak around the beach and creeping new players and other ones out by making noises or saying weird shit near them.

Somebody got some creepy ideas?
    Play some Skrillex, as loud as you possibly can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #9893
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I just crawl ran past 3 zombies at 30 meters. They didn't even give a fuck.

Edited:

Play some Skrillex, as loud as you possibly can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #9894
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,367 Posts
    Watches are the new tin cans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #9895
    February 2009
    1,962 Posts
    Watches are the new tin cans
    Them and hatchets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #9896
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,655 Posts

-snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #9897
    May 2009
    1,606 Posts
    Update on my adventures: I just jumped two feet and broke both my legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

18. Post #9898
    February 2009
    1,962 Posts
    Update on my adventures: I just jumped two feet and broke both my legs.
    Boneitis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #9899
    May 2009
    1,606 Posts
    What do you do about broken bones again? I already took painkillers and I am no longer the cameraman for the Hunger Games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

20. Post #9900
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,686 Posts
    Man, once the storm of a thousand hotfixes has blown over, I am going to play the shit out of Day Z again. Since I found out how to bind your mic to a specific channel, I'm determined to use only that to communicate with nearby Survivors, and, hopefully not be gunned down point-blank with a Makarov, like I usually do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

21. Post #9901
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,367 Posts
    What do you do about broken bones again? I already took painkillers and I am no longer the cameraman for the Hunger Games.
    Morphine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #9902
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,680 Posts
    one time i was being chased by zombies, all i had was the rookie loadout (before the removal of starting gun) and i run into this douchebag rookie that tries to shoot me with his makarov, so i charged him and got him killed using the zombies and i survived
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

23. Post #9903
    Standing in a doorway looting some pistol ammo, friend walks in behind me and tries to shut the door behind us. Breaks both our legs, almost bleed to death cause we were laughing to hard to apply bandages and morphine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #9904
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,722 Posts
    so i'm downloading all the shit right now and when i'm updating OA do i need to download the 1.6 patch then download the latest build patch or all of the build patches

just to make sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #9905
    Latest update removes loosing shit in water for some reason
    New beta patch out, http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
    Needed to play on the server btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #9906
    February 2011
    235 Posts
    OA 1.6 then all of the beta patches as well as the DayZ build

27. Post #9907
    April 2011
    1,584 Posts
    Wait, that was an Arma II thing and not a DayZ specific thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #9908
    Most servers will be running that patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #9909
    Mission update removes loosing shit in water, because the latest beta just included a feature to disable loosing shit in water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #9910
    April 2011
    1,584 Posts
    Mission update removes loosing shit in water, because the latest beta just included a feature to disable loosing shit in water.
    Ah, well that's... questionable I guess. I thought it was an interesting balance mechanic IMO, that way you couldn't avoid danger entirely and still keep all your stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #9911
    August 2009
    888 Posts
    Is anyone else getting a login screen when they try to download the latest version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #9912
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    5,919 Posts
    I take it you haven't played vanilla too much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #9913
    Is anyone else getting a login screen when they try to download the latest version?
    As always.. http://www.mediafire.com/?ps8ke42z03wsn8s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #9914
    April 2011
    1,584 Posts
    I take it you haven't played vanilla too much
    I'm one of those who got pushed over the edge by DayZ to try it out, no not really no. I've only tried vanilla a couple of times and all the servers I've tried to join had some weird modded gamemode to them so it's weird to get the learning curve of Arma II AND its various mods at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

35. Post #9915
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,590 Posts
    Maybe it's just me but now that the starting pistol is taken away, i die within like 5 minutes every time I respawn.

36. Post #9916
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,824 Posts
    Maybe it's just me but now that the starting pistol is taken away, i die within like 5 minutes every time I respawn.
    You have to be careful and expect that you don't always find a weapon in the earliest minutes. I ran around with an crossbow without any ammo for like two hours before finding anything better (and then I died shortly after I found a shotgun).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #9917
    Totalbiscuit is pretty bad at arma in general
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #9918
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    607 Posts
    Would someone be kind enough to direct me to the IP for the facepunch server?

39. Post #9919
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    327 Posts
    Careful sniper somewhere in cherno O_O

40. Post #9920
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,737 Posts
    guys...

Better pack up Camp Facepunch...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)