1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    However, if I found I'd had sex with a MtF, gay or not, I would be WEIRDED OUT.
    THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY.
    But everyone called me transphobic...
    So I used some (pretty terrible) analogies to try and convey how I'd feel
    Not a good idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    I didn't know how else to put it in a way that would get my point across.
    I can't help that I was born heterosexual, so for you to say I should be fine with having sex with someone who isn't a female is kind of insulting.
    If you can't get your point across without comparing trans people to cat shit then you really need to not even bother trying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY.
    But everyone called me transphobic...
    So I used some (pretty terrible) analogies to try and convey how I'd feel
    Not a good idea
    the damage is done bro. there's no backpedaling out of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    Mate, I'm not trying to backpedal out of anything.
    I would not like to have sex with a trans person and that's that.
    If you think there is something wrong with me for being heterosexual then I think you're the one who is being intolerant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #205
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    If you think there is something wrong with me for being heterosexual then I think you're the one who is being intolerant
    we're playing the victim game now huh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    April 2011
    1,523 Posts
    Stop implying people are gay for sleeping with trans-women! Jesus christ can you get that through your head? we. are. not. men.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    It's not the fact that you are heterosexual. It's the way you are trying to convey the aversion to having sex with someone who is trans.

Here I'll do you a favor and make your cat shit analogy not a load of cat shit.

Let's say a friend serves you up a big bowl of chocolate ice cream.
    It's delicious and you eat every last bit of it, only for your friend to reveal it was actually coconut icecream with chocolate flavouring added. You love chocolate but absolutely hate coconut.

It looked the same as chocolate, and it tasted the same as chocolate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,808 Posts
    As I said before I am very reluctant to attribute "gay" to any of this. Weird but not gay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts

Here I'll do you a favor and make your cat shit analogy not a load of cat shit.
    I already used that exact same one earlier, but apparently ice cream analogies are a bad idea

10. Post #210
    Delicious Caramel
    June 2006
    1,423 Posts
    We understand this, we're not saying you're a terrible person for not wanting to have sex with a transwoman. There is nothing wrong with it. We're not giving you shit for being heterosexual, too, even though it would NOT be gay to sleep with a transwoman, especially if you didn't know she used to be a man.

It's just the way you went around to say it. It was very disrespectful. If you were going to use the ice cream analogy, you could've just said "it's like giving someone white chocolate telling them it's vanilla when they dislike chocolate".

It's a matter of preference, not cat shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    I already used that exact same one earlier, but apparently ice cream analogies are a bad idea
    No you didn't use the exact one. The last one you did compared having sex with a trans person to having an allergic reaction to something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    As I said before I am very reluctant to attribute "gay" to any of this. Weird but not gay.
    I can't see how it's gay at all. people look at secondary sexual characteristics to determine gender. if somebody is a post-op MtF and you are a heterosexual, you are sexually attracted to them because they possess the secondary sexual characteristics of a female. they identify with the female gender. they are females
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Delicious Caramel
    June 2006
    1,423 Posts
    No, you mentioned allergies, not preference to an ice cream flavour. That's pretty much like just saying "it would make me physically ill" or "fucking disgusting"

Oh wait, you DID say that. Do you not understand how disrespectful that is? Even if it's true, you don't just go around saying that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    It's just the way you went around to say it. It was very disrespectful. If you were going to use the ice cream analogy, you could've just said "it's like giving someone white chocolate telling them it's vanilla when they dislike chocolate".

It's a matter of preference, not cat shit.
    Yes, and I did eventually use the vanilla/chocolate analogy. It's just that if someone tricked me with a bowl of ice cream I'd be like "oh haha you got me"
    which is definitely not how I'd react in the situation we were talking about, ie. finding out your partner was dishonest and didn't tell you they used to be a man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    Yes, and I did eventually use the vanilla/chocolate analogy. It's just that if someone tricked me with a bowl of ice cream I'd be like "oh haha you got me"
    Seriously if you don't like the idea of having sex with a trans person you can just say it. You don't need to go making cat shit or allergy analogies about trans sex.

Everyone has sexual preferences. Some people only enjoy sex with virgins, some people prefer sex with a certain race, and some people prefer sex with a cisgender partner.

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    Seriously if you don't like the idea of having sex with a trans person you can just say it. You don't need to go making cat shit or allergy analogies about trans sex.
    Scroll up mate, I DID say that. Then people said things like "well why, if you couldn't tell the difference why does it matter" etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Delicious Caramel
    June 2006
    1,423 Posts
    which is definitely not how I'd react in the situation we were talking about, ie. finding out your partner was dishonest and didn't tell you they used to be a man
    Well, good luck asking (all) your future girlfriend(s) if they used to be a man if it bothers you that much. Get back to me and tell me how that works out for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Zing Zing x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    Scroll up mate, I DID say that. Then people said things like "well why, if you couldn't tell the difference why does it matter" etc.
    Yeah I know. I still doesn't mean you should have made those analogies.

Honestly I'm on the fence on this particular issue. On one hand I wish we lived in a world where these sort of things didn't matter, but on the other hand I know that that is way to idealistic of a view for humanity. In the end while I wish someone being trans didn't matter in sexual intercourse, the truth is that sort of thing does matter to a lot of people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    Well, good luck asking (all) your future girlfriend(s) if they used to be a man if it bothers you that much. Get back to me and tell me how that works out for you.
    I would hope they would be honest and tell me on the first or second date, and definitely before any kind of sexual relationship.

20. Post #220
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I would hope they would be honest and tell me on the first or second date, and definitely before any kind of sexual relationship.
    nobody is ever going to trust you enough to talk about that so soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    nobody is ever going to trust you enough to talk about that so soon
    There's Something About Miriam is a reality television show filmed in 2003, created by British TV producer Remy Blumenfeld and originally aired in the United Kingdom on Sky1 in February2004. Hosted by Tim Vincent, it featured six men wooing 21-year-old Mexican model Miriam without revealing that she was a trans woman until the final episode.

Following the completion of the show, it was scheduled to air in November 2003, but the lawsuit by the contestants delayed the airing.[8][9] They alleged conspiracy to commit sexual assault, defamation, breach of contract, and personal injury in the form of psychological and emotional damage.[10]

the men settled for an undisclosed amount
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    November 2007
    11,808 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's...g_About_Miriam

Following the completion of the show, it was scheduled to air in November 2003, but the lawsuit by the contestants delayed the airing.[8][9] They alleged conspiracy to commit sexual assault, defamation, breach of contract, and personal injury in the form of psychological and emotional damage.[10]
    That show seems preposterously cruel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

23. Post #223
    ice cream and pussy
    March 2005
    2,014 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's...g_About_Miriam

my god you're a fucking idiot.

relevance = almost zero.

get out and take your idiotic notions and stances with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,172 Posts
    There's Something About Miriam is a reality television show filmed in 2003, created by British TV producer Remy Blumenfeld and originally aired in the United Kingdom on Sky1 in February2004. Hosted by Tim Vincent, it featured six men wooing 21-year-old Mexican model Miriam without revealing that she was a trans woman until the final episode.

and your point is...?

you seem to think people have difficulty understanding that you would not want to have sex with a trans woman, rather than that they're offended by your insipid analogies

Sanius said that nobody would trust you with that information so soon. you respond by saying people can be confused after having sex with a trans person. what is the connection between the latter and the former
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    November 2007
    11,808 Posts
    Ideally we wouldn't have to worry about such things, and realistically, the chance is quite low anyway.

I only know two trans persons at all, and even these are mere suspicions I would never ask or speak about in real life.

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    and your point is...?
    Sanius said that nobody would trust you with that information so soon.
    Because it can cause psychological damage if they hide the fact they are trans! It's dishonest and very selfish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    ice cream and pussy
    March 2005
    2,014 Posts
    are you fucking kidding me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    Because it can cause psychological damage if they hide the fact they are trans! It's dishonest and very selfish
    seriously dude nobody is going to talk about that during the first or second date and they shouldn't be expected to. you're just grasping at straws
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    seriously dude nobody is going to talk about that during the first or second date and they shouldn't be expected to. you're just grasping at straws
    And at what point does it become too late then? After you've had sex once? twice?
    I have pointed out that people have been psychologically damaged because a trans person has hid the fact (with a source, and the precedence is there) so you tell me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

30. Post #230
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    Okay, I've been trying to just lurk this thread, but seriously, you have problems.

You and everybody who's still mad are terrible disgraces to your community.
    I mean, look at your history, you don't seem friendly or likable at all.
    and since when did you or anyone who's still mad represent every other transgender/transsexual?
    He tries to make ends with you, bury the hatchet, and you decide to hold a grudge?
    Is him comparing you to catshit(then apologizing) really deserving of that irrational statement?

Tell me, why are you the way you are?
    Why do you jump to moderate bigotism in this forum?
    Everyone else took his apology, but you still have to hold a grudge?
    Please, explain to me why this is unnaceptable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,917 Posts
    Actually the only thing that I don't like about his decision is that hes married and has a kid, he's only attracted to women, but doesn't mean his wife is going to become a lesbian automatically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

32. Post #232
    ice cream and pussy
    March 2005
    2,014 Posts
    Don't bother arguing with that retarded moron anymore. Platinumcs has taken to rating every post dumb that argues against him. Fuck off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    Is him comparing you to catshit(then apologizing) really deserving of that irrational statement?
    I appreciate the support but did you quote the wrong guy?

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,172 Posts
    Okay, I've been trying to just lurk this thread, but seriously, you have problems.

I mean, look at your history, you don't seem friendly or likable at all.
    and since when did you or anyone who's still mad represent every other transgender/transsexual?
    He tries to make ends with you, bury the hatchet, and you decide to hold a grudge?

Tell me, why are you the way you are?
    Why do you jump to moderate bigotism in this forum?
    Everyone else took his apology, but you still have to hold a grudge?
    Please, explain to me why this is unnaceptable.
    are you a trans individual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #235
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    are you a trans individual
    No, I am not, but I still can't stand to see this argument going on.
    Sanius deflecting the apology really urked me, and I just had to do something, okay.

36. Post #236
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    my community? what community?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

37. Post #237
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    I appreciate the support but did you quote the wrong guy?
    Aye, maybe so, but still, i'd settle this argument before someone gets hurt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    389 Posts
    You're right it's funny because I have always supported LGBT rights on sites like reddit, but my bad analogy sent this thread spiraling out of control and I had to defend myself from transphobe accusations

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    Actually the only thing that I don't like about his decision is that hes married and has a kid, he's only attracted to women, but doesn't mean his wife is going to become a lesbian automatically.
    The issue with this kind of reasoning is that she has hidden this fact for so long, and has most likely done so out of fear of the kind of shame that society brings to transgender people. It's quite possible she believed she could just deal with it for her entire life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,172 Posts
    You said my link to a TV series where a trans person hides the fact they are trans is irrelevant to an argument about whether it's ok for a trans person to hide the fact they are trans.
    so you expect trans people to say that they are trans as soon as you come into contact with them

do you see how unreasonable this is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)