1. Post #1
    Go Shuya! You can do it Shuya!
    December 2005
    5,663 Posts
    Hello!

I've started to get this problem " "

recently, I have tried every method (.blob files etc.) under the sun to try to get back into steam but the moment I had signed out of steam by accident and tried to log back in but I keep getting that message, I can still log in on steam mobile and through the steamcommunity page (yet I can't log into steam support)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Enemyatthegate <--- my steam profile

can anyone tell me what the hell is going on or anyway I can fix this?

I had also found this with a guy who said he is having the same problem, but I can't do anything at all: recover password, create a new account or anything...so I need your help.

Thank you so much!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,772 Posts
    Have you re-installed Steam as a whole? (Deleting the entire steam folder EXCEPT for the steamapps folder) If that doesn't work try re-installing Steam completely.

3. Post #3
    December 2005
    5,663 Posts
    Have you re-installed Steam as a whole? (Deleting the entire steam folder EXCEPT for the steamapps folder) If that doesn't work try re-installing Steam completely.
    I have, I'll do it once more though.

Edited:

just did so, it did nothing.

Edited:

help :(

4. Post #4
    April 2012
    6 Posts
    Maybe there's a problem with your internet connection, or there's a firewall or proxy blocking Steam from the servers, did you try disabling a firewall?

5. Post #5
    December 2005
    5,663 Posts
    Maybe there's a problem with your internet connection, or there's a firewall or proxy blocking Steam from the servers, did you try disabling a firewall?
    I have, yet it still refuses to work...

Edited:

fixed it!

thanks so much to everyone though!!!

6. Post #6
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,590 Posts
    what you did to fix?

7. Post #7
    December 2005
    5,663 Posts
    what you did to fix?
    Now this is where I feel stupid

I didn't disable Peerblock, but I had never thought to do it because I have never had to do it before! Thanks anyway :) x

8. Post #8
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    I'm only having trouble with steam when it's stuck on 33 percent or more.

Properly screwed due to removing everything.

9. Post #9
    January 2012
    371 Posts
    I have a problem that is sort of the same, friends list won't show up and I am unable
    to download any games
    judging by the 38 guests quite a few people have the same problem
    EDIT
    Just noticed the date, but it's still relevant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2012
    617 Posts
    Steams currently down, I assume, forums aren't working either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    517 Posts
    Just started having this problem

12. Post #12
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    5,164 Posts
    Yep, community is down.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    646 Posts

They must be updating servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    Took me ages getting on the Steam forums due to constant 503 but maybe this is relevant.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    Well, shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2012
    617 Posts
    Steam Support ‏@Steam_Support
    Steam servers are currently undergoing routine maintenance and will be back soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    The most bullshit thing about steam is the fact if you can't connect to the servers you can't play your games

people can defend it all they want, this is one of it's major flaws. Especially if your net connection is on the fritz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,114 Posts
    But I played GMod fine while it was down?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    The most bullshit thing about steam is the fact if you can't connect to the servers you can't play your games

people can defend it all they want, this is one of it's major flaws. Especially if your net connection is on the fritz
    Are you saying you can't use your Steam account when your internet is down? Well that's not true.

20. Post #20
    Really wish VALVe used EC2, even if just for backup situations, and CloudFront.
    Would make a world of difference IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    Are you saying you can't use your Steam account when your internet is down? Well that's not true.
    offline mode doesn't work so great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

November 2012
    2 Posts
    can you ever log in are only some times

Edited:

in the mean time go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config and delete config.vdf and you should be able to go to part were it ask you for new code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    At least I don't have alzheimer's.
    January 2011
    2,297 Posts
    Nice job replying to a post made almost 2 months ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24

November 2012
    2 Posts
    just that I had the same prob I was just googlein what file to delete and I came across you're post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,274 Posts
    Gees, I wonder what all these guests googled

Shameless bump I'm sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    November 2012
    1,007 Posts
    holy fucking shit fuck hello guests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2005
    57 Posts
    Ha! And I thought my lappy was broken. Thank you sir, for confirming that it's Steam, and not me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,470 Posts
    How am I going to play all my Christmas gifts this way? :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2012
    508 Posts
    Fucking Valve, my ISP is charging me like two bucks a minute attempting to connect to chat, now I see the geniuses gave us a Christmas present.

What I'm trying to say; Steam Community broke.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,691 Posts
    Fucking Valve, my ISP is charging me like two bucks a minute attempting to connect to chat, now I see the geniuses gave us a Christmas present.
    calm your tits

even netflix was having problems last night

31. Post #31
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    I thought it was just me, huh,

Also hi guests :)

32. Post #32
    January 2012
    484 Posts
    It wouldn't be Christmas without the annual winter Steam downtime.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts

What I'm trying to say; Steam Community broke.
    I think it is time to get a better ISP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    June 2012
    508 Posts
    I think it is time to get a better ISP
    Yeah, these guys are fucking crooks.

35. Post #35
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    valve cut off steam for the day to encourage everyone to visit family
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,220 Posts
    Damn, it's not just me?

37. Post #37
    June 2012
    508 Posts
    valve cut off steam for the day to encourage everyone to visit family
    So, I just got back from seeing family down here in Melbourne, come home for some games, and they want me to go back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    November 2012
    1,007 Posts
    Uhhh I'm on steam right now, this thread is months old guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Ahh goddamnit i wanna play my shit

40. Post #40
    January 2012
    484 Posts
    Uhhh I'm on steam right now, this thread is months old guys
    Try launching a game. Go ahead. Try.

Edited:

Also, Offline Mode is terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)