1. Post #41
    August 2009
    8,237 Posts
    I just attended the funeral of my girlfriend's father, it would've been cool if they discovered he was still alive.

But that would be kind of difficult considering he was cremated.
    Kinda difficult.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member

August 2007
    2,982 Posts
    That's why lotta places have a tradition of waiting a couple days before burying someone. Y'know, if they start smelling, they're definitely dead
    I think it's according to Islamic tradition to have the body buried as soon as possible.

3. Post #43
    -meh snip; too personal-

4. Post #44
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,485 Posts
    I think it's according to Islamic tradition to have the body buried as soon as possible.
    Yep, that's why Bin Laden was thrown into the ocean ASAP.

5. Post #45
    If you die in war yes.

But in a normal death you have to clean the corpse and do things like that.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member

August 2007
    2,982 Posts
    If you die in war yes.

Even so, it's a much quicker burial than traditional Christian funeral rites.

7. Post #47
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Better story then twilight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    June 2011
    905 Posts
    Better story then twilight.
    What does Twilight have to do with this

Also, I've heard of a case that happened here in Portugal, 80 years ago or so, a guy woke up in the middle of his funeral. After that, he went to fight the Colonial War, he "died" in an accident and was presumed definitly dead. He came up with some gimmicks to return to Portugal, when he returned home, his entire family fainted. I don't know if this is true, but it's still an awesome story nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,433 Posts
    If you die in war yes.

Even though you must clean the corspe you still have to bury he or she as quickly as possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,694 Posts
    I wonder if the family would still have to pay for the funeral when, y'know, the guy actually dies.

Edited:

I mean, shouldn't he at least get a discount?