1. Post #121
    March 2012
    57 Posts
    That Must Suck
    But thanks for posting it i got a good laugh out of it

(Because in some cases this could happen)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    That Must Suck

dosn't it pause?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,374 Posts
    That Must Suck

Wired master race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,739 Posts
    dosn't it pause?
    Yeah, it happened to me the other day, it pauses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    My xbox froze last time I played minecraft. I loaded it up, and when I load my world it just shows that spinning blurry background with no loading bar in front of it. I guess my world got corrupted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    November 2009
    488 Posts
    That doesn't look very real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,025 Posts
    They should release a Skin Creator for the Xbox version. Half the fun in playing minecraft for me is being able to say "Hey. This is my personal skin."

The Xbox version is just.. Steve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    They should release a Skin Creator for the Xbox version. Half the fun in playing minecraft for me is being able to say "Hey. This is my personal skin."

The Xbox version is just.. Steve.
    Or michael cera in a tennis outfit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #129
    May 2011
    1,572 Posts
    That doesn't look very real.
    I know, but I decided to post it anyway for laughs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    April 2011
    66 Posts
    Hi guys,
    A patch for Minecraft on XBLA has gone live today.

Features:

Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
    Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
    Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
    Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
    Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
    Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
    Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
    Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What's New.
    Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.

Fixes:

Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
    Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
    Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
    Fix for clay generation.
    Fix for 'Awaiting Approval' showing all the time on some signs.
    Various crafting menu fixes.
    Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
    Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
    Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and dispenser.
    Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
    Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
    Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
    Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
    Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
    Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn't.
    Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

11. Post #131
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Can't wait until they get some adventure stuff in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    859 Posts
    This is a very fun version of Minecraft, and the multiplayer is seamless.

However, I don't love the old glitches that are patched on PC but not on this(doors are glitchy as fuck, especially double iron doors) and how there is not a hunger/XP bar/creative mode/pistons/shears.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    This is a very fun version of Minecraft, and the multiplayer is seamless.

However, I don't love the old glitches that are patched on PC but not on this(doors are glitchy as fuck, especially double iron doors) and how there is not a hunger/XP bar/creative mode/pistons/shears.

Only the PC users miss this, and even then its only a few. But regardless of who wants it, this version is mostly being played by new users who arent using the Wiki to help them, so its giving the xbox users a chance to catch up and learn minecraft the way the PC players did before force-feeding them stuff they would never have gotten a chance to play without.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    6,562 Posts
    Having played the demo of it at my friends house I wasnt very impressed. Because I am a terrible pc gamer I only used to play minecraft with a wired xbox controller using xpadder. The problem I had with the 360 version is that the crafting is really weird, and not easy to use and that I had trouble making steve's head turn fast enough (I play at 160%)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    i had a weird glitch at a friends today where my wolf became invisible, we were playing with 4 players on the same TV and we were boating around our map, i decided to go all pirate and kill my friend, he tells me he'll kill my wolf back at home, i get back to find my wolf gone and start searching for my wolf, i can't find it so i blame my friend who then punches me and starts getting hurt from no where, after that when ever i was hit or i hit someone my invisi wolf would attack them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,000 Posts
    Having played the demo of it at my friends house I wasnt very impressed. Because I am a terrible pc gamer I only used to play minecraft with a wired xbox controller using xpadder. The problem I had with the 360 version is that the crafting is really weird, and not easy to use and that I had trouble making steve's head turn fast enough (I play at 160%)
    Funny, when I got used to the crafting over a day, it was actually faster than the PC version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,706 Posts
    Hey guys here's my Gamertag if you want to play:

ProLozers

I mostly focus on structures and building. I usually play with my brother though, so here's his gamertag also:

DISTACTION

You guys should post your gamertags, also, if you want me to contact you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    June 2012
    111 Posts
    Would anyone be willing to help me re-create the multiplayer skins? All I'd need is some people to join me simultaneously and stand still so I can get reference images.
    Skins!

Nice to hear the Xbox version runs smoothly. I'd play it if I had a Xbox.

19. Post #139
    June 2012
    16 Posts
    They should add a menu where you get to customize your skin. I have no idea how hard it would be, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard. I would imagine it to be like SkinEdit but slightly worse.

Also, I can't wait until they catch up to at least 1.8. The darkness of pre 1.8 lighting sickens me. And you can't even turn off smooth lighting

20. Post #140
    June 2008
    4,667 Posts
    They should add a menu where you get to customize your skin. I have no idea how hard it would be, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard. I would imagine it to be like SkinEdit but slightly worse.

Also, I can't wait until they catch up to at least 1.8. The darkness of pre 1.8 lighting sickens me. And you can't even turn off smooth lighting
    They could just make a few templates for each body part (torso, legs etc) and you choose from them.

That's probably the best you can do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    October 2009
    4,279 Posts
    I tried split-screen with two friends. It was fun as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    They could just make a few templates for each body part (torso, legs etc) and you choose from them.

That's probably the best you can do
    They could probably make skin versions of all the avatar clothes and have the game recognize what your avatar is wearing and copy it.

Say my avatar had brown hair, a halo logo shirt, and black pants with red shoes, the game would pick the minecraft skin version of those parts. That way everybody looks unique but recognizable. Some things wouldnt work, like mohawks and dreads and stuff, but considering what we have now I think everybody would consider it a huge upgrade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #143
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    They could probably make skin versions of all the avatar clothes and have the game recognize what your avatar is wearing and copy it.

Say my avatar had brown hair, a halo logo shirt, and black pants with red shoes, the game would pick the minecraft skin version of those parts. That way everybody looks unique but recognizable. Some things wouldnt work, like mohawks and dreads and stuff, but considering what we have now I think everybody would consider it a huge upgrade.
    But still have options to just set yourself as the original 8.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts

I don't think you realize how hugely difficult that is. That means the MC 360 dev team, the small one at that, has to spend countless weeks, if not months, drawing out thousands, to hundreds of thousands of clothing options, hair options, and so on. It's impossible to think that would ever happen. It's not something you can just do with code, it requires hand drawn textures for each article of clothing, and that number is almost in the millions.

It takes months for one texture artist to make a texture pack, that's roughly 400 or so textures. The MS avatar store has over 400,000.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    I don't think you realize how hugely difficult that is. That means the MC 360 dev team, the small one at that, has to spend countless weeks, if not months, drawing out thousands, to hundreds of thousands of clothing options, hair options, and so on. It's impossible to think that would ever happen. It's not something you can just do with code, it requires hand drawn textures for each article of clothing, and that number is almost in the millions.

It takes months for one texture artist to make a texture pack, that's roughly 400 or so textures. The MS avatar store has over 400,000.
    Oh, I've used the same avatar config since NXE launch, not counting props. I forgot how big it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,706 Posts
    1.7 Update happened, and now you can buy skins. I got the trial of it, and it gave me a nice selection of skins:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/mine...le-to-download
    The pistons are fun too. I already made some hidden stuff with my brother.

27. Post #147
    January 2012
    3,791 Posts
    Well, I should stop lurking here and make a post.

Question, can you do online games with strangers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    Well, I should stop lurking here and make a post.

Question, can you do online games with strangers?
    No, but there's a setting to allow friends of your friends in your game.

Why would you ever want that?

29. Post #149
    January 2010
    2,309 Posts
    This is probably a really stupid question, but should I get this for the XBOX? I already have it on PC, but I don't really have any PCs that can run it smoothly anymore, aside from my School Mac Laptop which I'm not even supposed to install games on.

30. Post #150

April 2012
    214 Posts
    This is probably a really stupid question, but should I get this for the XBOX? I already have it on PC, but I don't really have any PCs that can run it smoothly anymore, aside from my School Mac Laptop which I'm not even supposed to install games on.
    I would recommend it.

I don't own it myself, but I played it over at my cousin's, and the game ran very smoothly without issue. I was actually able to look at trees lit aflame without my FPS falling through the floor (and may I add I have an awful, awful, PC, so everyone else probably doesn't have that problem)

31. Post #151
    July 2011
    26 Posts
    I would recommend it.

I don't own it myself, but I played it over at my cousin's, and the game ran very smoothly without issue. I was actually able to look at trees lit aflame without my FPS falling through the floor (and may I add I have an awful, awful, PC, so everyone else probably doesn't have that problem)
    I think it would be better for ps3, lets face it,xbox isn't that good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

32. Post #152
    : |
    February 2009
    3,703 Posts
    I bought this today

Edited:

after playing it until 4am because my friend brought it and we played splitscreen

33. Post #153
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    the only negative difference between minecraft on the 360 as apposed to PC is that you're playing with a controller. It would be the same on PS3.

34. Post #154
    What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
    April 2007
    4,305 Posts
    the only negative difference between minecraft on the 360 as apposed to PC is that you're playing with a controller. It would be the same on PS3.
    And even then, the controller isn't THAT much of a crutch. They did a good job with the interface.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I think console wars are a bit frowned upon. Might want to stray away from that in the future.

36. Post #156
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    I've taken some images over my time playing the game, just messing around with friends or just exploring and building stuff.

Edited:

4J Studios (The people behind the XBOX version of the game) have an agreement with Microsoft (or something like that) where they can only supply Minecraft related content ONLY for the XBOX360.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    December 2011
    1,143 Posts
    I would post my gamertag, but Im normally never on because my brother hogs the xbox.

38. Post #158
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,094 Posts
    I love the Xbox version. It fixes my #1 issue with Minecraft, and that's not having my friends on it.

39. Post #159
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    I love the Xbox version. It fixes my #1 issue with Minecraft, and that's not having my friends on it.
    My biggest problem was never sticking with a world long enough to have anything in it that a care about, think is cool, or have fun building. I've always wanted a thegoddamnbatman style base but I never could get that far into a game.

I live with my girlfriend now and we have a badass world, and have sooo many projects planned.

40. Post #160
    : |
    February 2009
    3,703 Posts
    I have a redstone question. I want to make a pair of iron doors close at the switch of a single lever. I have a redstone repeater but I don't know what it does. The doors are right next to each other, also