Any ideas when the ios6 .ispws' will be uploaded somewhere?
Inbuilt Siri and native facebook support on iPad, fucking yes.
However cellular 3G/4G facetime sucks for Australians because of our crummy data usage when we're on the go, hopefully there is an option to disable that.
I fucking hate the pricing of apple products, I'd love one of the new MBP's for college/uni but £1400 and then all of the extras even with a student discount is just extortionate. Want an extra 8GB of ram? Fork over £160. Want to use ethernet? £25. DVI adapter? £25. Spare power pack? £65. It's ridiculous.
why would you even want to install ios6 right now
5.0 was unstable until like b4/5
I'm a little concerned about upgrading a jailbroken iPad to iOS6, I've done it with my iPod 2nd generation when iOS4 came out and it was a jailbroken iOS3 and nothing happened but has anything changed in terms of jailbreak updating?
backup to itunes
restore to stock
shiftrestore to ios6
Oh, if you mean not being connected to a dev account
I'm not upgrading to the beta I'm talking when I get a little alert on my settings dashboard that iOS6 is released
same thing. upgrading software unjailbreaks
I honestly have no problem with everything being soldered onto the board. It starts off with 8gb, the max that any previous MBP could take, as much as most higher-end desktops have. If you really REALLY need the extra 8gb, you can upgrade to 16gb, but the price is a bit ridiculous. I'll probably get the base model, as the only reason I ever went above the base model with a Mac was for more graphics power. The only thing I'm not happy about is you can't get more storage on the base model, which will make it a right pain in the ass to dual-boot. I can't justify the $600 for an extra 256gb and 300mhz.
siri works on the fucking 3gs
hey watch your language pal
hey calm down
lets discuss the wwdc shall we ??
so anyone actually a real dev
Does anyone know if its ok for me to post pics of iOS6 or will that break Apple's NDA?
I don't want to sound like a condescending asshole (since I don't really know) but it should be in the NDA.
you arent supposed to, but people do it
So is anyone else remotely excited by Passbook? It seems like the precursor to iWallet to me, and I suppose there isn't any reason why they couldn't make iWallet a part of Passbook for the iPhone 5 launch.
It's funny how I'm getting even more irate at my current laptop after seeing the specs and stuff for the new MBP's.
Though that may simply be because Acer makes the worst piece of shit laptops ever.
If there are any screenshots you'd like to see of the new iOS from an iPhone (despite the fact the changes are hilariously few and far between) let me know and i'll post some up.
Stumbled across someone trying to sell what appears to be a mid 2010 Mac Pro, 3.33 ghz 6-core, 32 gb RAM, 8 tb of storage, 2 superdrives, hd5770 gpu for 900 euros.
No way in hell that's all fine and dandy.
If I wasn't looking for something more portable, I'd consider it.
Still, there's some nice shit to be found. There's a woman in my town apparently selling a 17" late/early 2011 MBP for 1000 euros. Again, I'd consider it but I don't think that thing fits in my laptop bag. Or what about the guy about 2 train stations away from me selling a current-gen 21.5" iMac for 850.
My thoughts so far:
- The music app has been redesigned, it's sort of silver and metal-ly looking. One thing I don't like is that Apple have removed the cloud icon showing if songs/albums are downloaded when using iTunes Match. I'm hoping this is just a bug as it's really annoying to check if a set of songs is downloaded locally otherwise.
- The redesign of the stores is pretty nice. The rows of icons are now taller which to me is pretty good evidence pointing towards a taller iPhone 5 later this year.
- Passbook does absolutely nothing now. Launching it just shows a screen of what it does, but you can't use it. I assume that other Apps interface with it through Apple's 'Passkit' API which they announced yesterday.
- Maps is a weird one. I'm assuming they haven't 'turned on' their 3D mapping stuff yet; I've tried New York, London and San Francisco and none of them have the little '3D' button come up. Also I can't see turn-by-turn directions, whenever I make a route it just has the exact same style of directions as the old maps: a top down view with little waypoints. I'm not sure if turn-by-turn is only available on the 4S (I have a 4) or if - like 3D maps - it just isn't in this release. Satellite images look nicer (imo).
- Facebook integration with contacts is annoying, it just spammed my address book with all my Facebook friends so I turned it off. Other Facebook integration is pretty cool.
- They've refreshed the colour of some little things here and there, like the title bar in settings. It's a bit bluer and looks worse in my opinion.
That's all I can think of to be honest. It doesn't seem like a very big update but once maps work properly (if they do on a 4) then it'll be quite cool.
Just seen AnandTech's article and it looks like they have 3D Maps working on their 4S. So I guess that that's evidence for no 3D maps (and quite possibly no turn-by-turn) on iPhones < 4S.
Almost for sure apple filed for a patent on this a few weeks ago.
Also 3D maps still need a bit of work:
Also none of these are my pics as I still don't have a registration email, dam it apple I paid you guys $100.
EDIT: Ze email is here! Time to mess around with Siri!