1. Post #1
    July 2010
    5,332 Posts

I've had this one for a while and I looked at it a bunch of times since I made it like a month or two ago. I just now noticed the horrific hand clipping on the left.

Chesty's Ultra Legit Edit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 27Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,853 Posts
    Why is his clothing different from the other soldiers?

And why are they wearing gasmasks, what's so toxic about the air
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,347 Posts
    This is really well done.
    Artistic for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2010
    5,332 Posts

1: I was too lazy to pose FPS arms so I took a DoD v_model. He's also not being hit by that sickly green lamp so he looks even bluer. Dabadeedabadye.

2: I just thought they looked coo'.

5. Post #5
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,853 Posts
    Anywho, it looks nice. But the cliff in the background is flat, so i'd maybe choose a better map in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2011
    769 Posts
    oh shit this is a really good picture
    the guy on the far right looks badass!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    The King of Wing
    May 2008
    4,502 Posts
    Dat... Lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,904 Posts
    This gave me a boner somewhat. Maybe I just like it a LOT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,599 Posts
    Nice work, although i think they guy on the far-right is a bit too calm since people are actually shooting in that direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    5,332 Posts
    I was thinking of General Shepard in the beginning battle in MW2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,556 Posts
    excellenté
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,803 Posts
    Overall nice. But that sharpen is really really nasty in some places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    I LOVE MY CHINESE COMPUTER PARTS
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,816 Posts
    "I'm waiting for my health to magically regenerate, sir."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2010
    5,332 Posts
    Overall nice. But that sharpen is really really nasty in some places.
    On the trees and around some of the buildings, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    THAT'S IT, YOUR ASS IS MINE LOSER!
    Dennab
    February 2011
    708 Posts
    I really like the foreground, but the background is lackluster. it's flat and uninteresting

16. Post #16
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,383 Posts
    I dunno, something about the yellow-y-ness of it I don't like.. but s'cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,227 Posts
    great posing and composition. decided to have a crack at editing it:

Edited:

snow is a bit shitty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2010
    5,332 Posts
    Iz coo'.

19. Post #19
    September 2009
    2,526 Posts
    right one is too relaxed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    5,332 Posts
    That was the idea. Like General Shepard from MW2 and Kilgore from Apocalypse Now.

21. Post #21
    December 2009
    1,537 Posts
    Very nice visual composition, would of really benefitted from some motion blur on the troops though, and make it look more hectic and intense. Also the opposition look pretty static; why aren't they returning fire? At least have some puffs of smoke and debris flying from gunshots.

The sharpness on that tree and the perfectly straight cliff are a real eye sore, but not really in-your-face distracting at least.

You're judging the clothing of a blurred and out of focus, first person view of someone's arms?

And what does it even matter that they're wearing gas masks? It's a pretty insignificant detail to be pointing out. Gas masks give a very dehumanized, bad-ass, intimidating, and war ready look (same with balaclavas), which is appropriate for the situation stylistically regardless of whether the air is toxic or not. It also reminisces back to the barbaric, high casualty, chemical laden war zones of the first world war.