1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    13,889 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 11Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Online DRM is a wonderful thing, ain't it, Blizzard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    Online DRM is a wonderful thing, ain't it, Blizzard?
    They stated they don't do the 24/7 DRM against Piracy but they do this for their Real money auction house so nobody can obtain cheated items or dupe stuff.

But it still sucks...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,947 Posts
    All these delays of planned content make it sound like it really was Activision forcing them to release D3 earlier, instead of going for the usual Blizz standard of waiting until it's "perfect" (don't mind that much, well unless skill trees were cut for the same reason, in which case I want blood).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,775 Posts
    Blizzard apologies for Diablo 3 launch issues, delaying real-money auction house
    Okay, I can't be the only one who thinks title looks fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,458 Posts
    I WANT TO QUIT MY JOB AND BECOME A GOLD FARMER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Why don't they give a player the option to disable the auction house on selective characters so they don't have to put up with lag.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    878 Posts
    They stated they don't do the 24/7 DRM against Piracy but they do this for their Real money auction house so nobody can obtain cheated items or dupe stuff.

But it still sucks...
    Total Biscuit made some good points about the 24/7 DRM.
    At 5:25.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2011
    6,065 Posts
    So you have to be online all the time so you can use the real money auction house to buy items for a linear singleplayer RPG?

I never played Diablo 2 but whats the appeal in buying an item for real money to use in an RPG that lasts about 15 hours or so? I understand it if its an MMO but this seems pointless.
    Buying a really good weapon and finishing the game with it sounds like it takes some of the fun out of finding loot.

10. Post #10
    June 2010
    6,256 Posts
    Why don't they give a player the option to disable the auction house on selective characters so they don't have to put up with lag.
    That's what I understood the Singleplayer should have been like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,775 Posts
    So you have to be online all the time so you can use the real money auction house to buy items for a linear singleplayer RPG?

I never played Diablo 2 but whats the appeal in buying an item for real money to use in an RPG that lasts about 15 hours or so? I understand it if its an MMO but this seems pointless.
    Buying a really good weapon and finishing the game with it sounds like it takes some of the fun out of finding loot.
    Don't forget the PvP when it gets here.

12. Post #12
    July 2011
    6,065 Posts
    Pay2win then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,634 Posts
    The problem here is obviously the always-online DRM, making legitimate players want to get a mod or crack so they can play offline.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    I'm against DRM like any other reasonable gamer, but complaining won't change the fact that millions of people bought Diablo III knowing that Blizzard engineered the game with the always online requirement in its DNA.

They won't backpedal on this. On the contrary. They'll fix the current bugs, then they'll get back to work on the most advanced copy protection scheme the industry has seen.

Edit: anyway, the way they borked this launch is inexcusable. There are companies such as Amazon that will happily lend you datacenters, in order to solve your bandwidth and computing power problems, if you have the money. And Blizzard has obscene amounts of money.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,291 Posts
    Has anyone else been getting terrible lag?

I just started on Hell difficulty and I'm finding it impossible to do anything with 300-500 ping, enemies are constantly killing me from outside melee range and its impossible to dodge ranged attacks because of the delay.

16. Post #16
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    I hate you Blizzard, I am a big fan of diablo series and I really love DIII but we need an offline single player !!!

FU blizzard damn you , and FU**K Y*u for game run smoothly yesterday the server was down again.
    YEAH YEAH the game will run smoothly...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,289 Posts
    After watching vids of D3's Cow Level, I am forgiving Blizzard for everything and will even go buy D3.

EDIT: Everything goes as planned, bronies giving me boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,960 Posts
    All these delays of planned content make it sound like it really was Activision forcing them to release D3 earlier, instead of going for the usual Blizz standard of waiting until it's "perfect" (don't mind that much, well unless skill trees were cut for the same reason, in which case I want blood).
    Activision has absolutely no control over Blizzard's games or releases. I don't know why people think this.

19. Post #19
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,915 Posts
    Activision has absolutely no control over Blizzard's games or releases. I don't know why people think this.
    Besides, we see it in WoW, Blizz releases content in huge waves (expacks). Even had one for Diablo 2. They're not gonna sit on Diablo 3 for another 4 years while they get it "perfect".

20. Post #20
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,593 Posts
    Pay2win then.
    you can buy the exact same item with ingame gold, hell you can even find the same item in a dungeon.

there is nothing p2w about this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    May 2010
    2,306 Posts
    you can buy the exact same item with ingame gold, hell you can even find the same item in a dungeon.

there is nothing p2w about this
    I see no use buying gear from vendors or the auction house.

Most of my gear is what i've found and some of it is what i've crafted.

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,839 Posts
    I WANT TO QUIT MY JOB AND BECOME A GOLD FARMER.
    DO IT.

23. Post #23
    December 2008
    183 Posts
    Due to having a unstable connection I cant play my singleplayer game due to constant server disconnects. Ive had to repeat the one dungeon 6 times due to disconnects , Ive even disconnected after the act 1 boss while walking towards the exit. Complete waste of money for me. Its a shame because i have been a fan since the original

24. Post #24
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,329 Posts
    Due to having a unstable connection I cant play my singleplayer game due to constant server disconnects. Ive had to repeat the one dungeon 6 times due to disconnects , Ive even disconnected after the act 1 boss while walking towards the exit. Complete waste of money for me. Its a shame because i have been a fan since the original
    Why don't you complain to your ISP that your internet isn't what you paid for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Why don't you complain to your ISP that your internet isn't what you paid for?
    Because internet shouldn't be required for a singleplayer game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2010
    4,438 Posts
    what pvp...? have you ever played diablo 2 pvp? does anyone think diablo 3 won't be more of the same?

27. Post #27
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,918 Posts
    Total Biscuit made some good points about the 24/7 DRM.
    At 5:25.
    Everything he said in that video is true.

28. Post #28
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Everything he said in that video is true.
    The only thing there that I never really thought of myself was how sheepish the Blizzard fanbase is.

If it was EA there would be rioting on the streets. But for Blizzard it's okay to fuck over the entire fanbase and butcher the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,638 Posts