1. Post #161
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    I went to the con and within the first hour I was pinned against a wall and several facepunchers and a few other guys whipped out their pistols and started waving them in my face and rubbing them on my face.
    10/10 would go again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,781 Posts
    Also, FPer in the "pools closed" costume, I couldn't hear jack fucking shit what you were saying so I didn't get your name. I found a few photos of you if you wanted them

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...45618975_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...49758911_n.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,159 Posts
    Well, shit FPs back... right at the end of the day.

I'm sorry the meetup didn't happen, I met 2 of you. If anyone is going Sunday look out for me!
    I just got home right now and I am pretty sure I saw you (unless there was another guy in a gillie suit)
    sorry I didn't say hi I was with a couple of other friends who are fp lurkers too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,112 Posts
    I visited flagstaff briefly last winter during a trip out west.

Awesome little town, they had lots of snow/ice there, which you wouldn't expect for Arizona (then again I did hike 5 days earlier in the middle of a nevada desert canyon snowstorm, and have the pictures to prove it). I feel like it's the only town in the state that actually has cool temperatures due to it being right next to a bigass mountain and being in the middle of a national forest.

Lots of charm, if a bit high on the hipster meter

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,781 Posts
    I just got home right now and I am pretty sure I saw you (unless there was another guy in a gillie suit)
    sorry I didn't say hi I was with a couple of other friends who are fp lurkers too.
    There were a few, but mine was the most distinctive and I wasn't 12 :V plus I was the only one with a huge ass rifle

Are you going tomorrow?

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,159 Posts
    There were a few, but mine was the most distinctive and I wasn't 12 :V plus I was the only one with a huge ass rifle

Are you going tomorrow?
    No sorry I'm already back in Tucson
    but yeah I am pretty sure it was you that I saw because you had a rifle and I am pretty sure you weren't 12.

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,126 Posts
    Anyone in the Phoenix/East Valley that has a bike care to ride around town?

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,992 Posts
    Tovip, what part of Tucson are you in? I'm all the way out east in Tanque Verde.

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,159 Posts
    Tovip, what part of Tucson are you in? I'm all the way out east in Tanque Verde.
    I'm in Midvale.

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,046 Posts
    sorry guys but i went on Saturday but i couldn't find anyone. i did see desert rat but i couldn't tell if it was him so i didn't engage. also facepunch was down for me so i couldn't see your final costume
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    297 Posts
    I have never seen a scorpion outside of captivity in AZ

Also I fucking hate that everything is Arizona is brown. Like, holy shit it's so drab. If your entire county is in a desert the last thing you should be doing is painting every single building a shade of brown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #172
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    I have never seen a scorpion outside of captivity in AZ

Also I fucking hate that everything is Arizona is brown. Like, holy shit it's so drab. If your entire county is in a desert the last thing you should be doing is painting every single building a shade of brown.
    I never noticed that before, but it's pretty much true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    December 2009
    304 Posts
    Finally got the pieces to my suit, got them all spray painted, and took some photos!

This is what it looks like. Come find me at comicon if I dont find you first!
    Cant wait to see you guys there!
    Hey dude, you were one some news site:
    http://www.abc15.com/gallery/news/ne...x-comicon-2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

14. Post #174
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    some guy in green is standing in front of me in that picture :(

I went as David Leatherhoff too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    December 2009
    1,865 Posts
    Con was fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,992 Posts
    Important Announcement:

My scorpion sting count is now up to three. Fucker was hiding in my bathroom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    December 2009
    1,865 Posts
    Important Announcement:

I know that feel. I was in Mexico during summer vacation and I was pretty much bare foot all the time, all of a sudden I felt a sharp sting on my foot and I didn't mind it. Next day, my foot was swollen up and it was a baby scorpion. I was pretty damn pissed man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,781 Posts
    I can't tell you how painful it was sitting prone like that. Most people think the pain was from laying on concrete, or the cold floor, but it was actually the loss of circulation in my arms making them fall asleep and/or tingle in pain. I also had to rest my cheek on an extremely hard plastic cheek rest, so that didnt feel good either. Also my hip bone was being dug into.

I stayed in that position for three. hours. Totally worth it though, so many photos taken and people had fun with it, and thats what I'm trying to set out to do.

A lot of people thought I was fake until I pulled my pistol on them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,839 Posts
    Important Announcement:

What.

I've lived here for 13 years, and mine is probably around 15-16
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,046 Posts
    for some reason bees and scorpions stay clear of me. I'm not complaining but still
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,839 Posts
    Lucky bastard, I attract them like crazy

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,992 Posts
    Yeah, I live way out in the desert and it's only happened when I'm getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I step on something in the hall which doesn't like to be stepped on.

23. Post #183
    December 2009
    304 Posts
    Can some one explain to me what's going on with these flashlight bombs around the state? How are they being made and who's doing this?

24. Post #184
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    Can some one explain to me what's going on with these flashlight bombs around the state? How are they being made and who's doing this?
    They're yellow flashlights and they're made so that if you switch the flashlight on they'll explode. No one knows who's doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,972 Posts
    Flashlight bombs...? How many have gone off?

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,667 Posts
    well I am going back to Tempe on Wed as an usher for the security company that i work for. Its for some graduation thing at Well's Fargo arena.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,839 Posts
    They're yellow flashlights and they're made so that if you switch the flashlight on they'll explode. No one knows who's doing it.
    The fuck? I haven't heard about anything like this in the news, how big an explosion?

28. Post #188
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    The fuck? I haven't heard about anything like this in the news, how big an explosion?
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/18...er-3-incidents
    I know 'oh no fox' but it it was the best "legit" source I could fine. They can "seriously physically injure" so I'd imagine the explosions are decently big.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,839 Posts
    Did a bit of research and it doesn't seem too big.

Christ, you guys made it sound like someone was randomly leaving C4-packed flashlights about the place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #190
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    Sorry, I thought someone else got hurt since a facepuncher asked randomly.

I wouldn't worry about it.

31. Post #191
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    2,985 Posts
    How are gays treated in Arizona?
    frowned upon, but accepted I guess

my mother and step dad think they are spawns of satan though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #193
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    How are gays treated in Arizona?
    Alright, I suppose. I've only come across a handful of homophobes, my dad included. He'd probably disown me if he found out.

34. Post #194
    Alright, I suppose. I've only come across a handful of homophobes, my dad included. He'd probably disown me if he found out.
    You're gay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #195
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,106 Posts
    im openly gay

ever since obama did the whole "i support gay marriage" people have been getting more positive attitude towards gays around my place

36. Post #196
    August 2009
    2,068 Posts
    Gilbert resident, I go to school in Mesa.

FUCKING SCORPIONS FUCK YOU SCORPIONS WORST THINGS EVER TO EXIST ON THE FUCKING PLANET JESUS FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I FUCKING HATE SCORPIONS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gilbert resident, I go to school in Mesa.

FUCKING SCORPIONS FUCK YOU SCORPIONS WORST THINGS EVER TO EXIST ON THE FUCKING PLANET JESUS FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I FUCKING HATE SCORPIONS
    Must suck to have them.
    The most dangerous animal in Norway is Dolichovespula norwegica.
    It's a smaller and less aggressive version of the common American Yellowjacket wasp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,972 Posts
    Well like I posted back in the first page... Scorpions are the least of your issues in AZ.
    Other issues are javelinas, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, and coyotes.
    Most won't bother with you, but a good majority of the animals in Arizona could give less then two shits about your existence, and won't back down if you threaten them.

39. Post #199
    November 2010
    1,333 Posts
    The funny thing is that you can adopt scorpions as pets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    December 2009
    1,865 Posts
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/18...er-3-incidents
    I know 'oh no fox' but it it was the best "legit" source I could fine. They can "seriously physically injure" so I'd imagine the explosions are decently big.
    It's a local Fox station, it's fine.
    This is some weird stuff, hopefully they'll find whoever is making these bombs. But I would assume that if they find a random flashlight on the street, nobody would go and turn it on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events