1. Post #361
    October 2011
    173 Posts
    That not-auto-centering steering is going to added in the next VCMod.

And it's actually the model detail options that has to be set to high but I doubt it will make your game run worse.. Maybe slightly

When the next VCMod comes out, could we disable the non-autocentering steering?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #362

December 2012
    8 Posts
    How do you make you models? Or do you extract them from a game or something? If so, how would you do that?

3. Post #363
    April 2012
    6 Posts
    how am I supposed to download from those googlecode things?

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    604 Posts
    how am I supposed to download from those googlecode things?

You could use Toroise SVN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

5. Post #365
    January 2010
    1,186 Posts
    Do these still handle like hl2 jeeps without any proper handling physics or has it improved?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    Do these still handle like hl2 jeeps without any proper handling physics or has it improved?
    If you look back on the other posts you'll see us bitchin' about handling, I wouldn't call it improved though, as some of them are bugged and in the process of being fixed. Most of them are actually functioning and yes, improved. They still act and behave like a jeep though, just a bit different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    Anything new? Danish trolled me and said he was uploading emergency vehicles so I'm kinda bummed :/

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,604 Posts
    Duh. Some new Soobaroo skins from me.

Well, what the fuck is this liveries:
    1992 Subaru Rally Sweden
    Generic 555 livery
    1992 Subaru Rally Wales.

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    693 Posts
    just wondering, what is an estimated release date for workshop

10. Post #370
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    Duh. Some new Soobaroo skins from me.
    Very good looking skins, shame the car they're on is broken :/ I hope we get this stuff fixed sometime soon.

Anyways, has anyone tried making a deathrace/rusty hl2 styled skin?

11. Post #371
    just wondering, what is an estimated release date for workshop
    Some cars have already been released on the workshop. I will upload the rest as soon as I can but I am currently busy with other things

12. Post #372
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    Anyone know where to get that El Camino that TDM's prof picture has? I saw it on Garrysmod.org but it wasn't for GM13...

13. Post #373
    September 2008
    677 Posts
    Anyone know where to get that El Camino that TDM's prof picture has? I saw it on Garrysmod.org but it wasn't for GM13...
    It's mine, or he did the exact same car that I already released, anyway I can update it soon if people want it.

14. Post #374
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    It's mine, or he did the exact same car that I already released, anyway I can update it soon if people want it.
    Yes please! I love that car! Also, I've seen the cars you make, is it possible to get Danish to put it in the next SVN update or do you want it seperate?

EDIT : does anyone know how to black out the lens for the headlights?

15. Post #375

January 2013
    1 Posts
    i don't even know how to download this O.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,366 Posts
    i don't even know how to download this O.o
    Not another one of these posts... Read the OP and last pages of the thread and you'll know.

17. Post #377
    April 2012
    124 Posts
    Hey DanishMaster, I've been working on a paint material for some custom car models I'm porting and I thought I'd share something I worked out.
    You may find it useful:

Code:
    "VertexLitGeneric"
    {
        $basetexture "models/rush_freak/cars/generic/paint"
        $bumpmap "models/rush_freak/cars/nobump"
        $surfaceprop "metal"
        $blendtintbybasealpha "1"
        $nodiffusebumplighting "1"

$envmap "env_cubemap"
    //    $envmaptint "[.5 .5 .5]"
    //    $envmapcontrast "1"
    //    $envmapsaturation ".5"
        $envmapfresnel "1"

$phong "1"
        $phongexponent "10"
        $phongboost "5"
        $phongfresnelranges "[.05 .3 1]"

"Proxies"
    {
        "Equals"
        {
            srcVar1 "$color"
            resultVar "$phongtint"
        }
    }
    }
    Basically, the proxy in bold tells the material to use whatever the color the color tool has applied as the phong tint, making the material appear slightly shiny like the tiny metal flakes in real car paint.
    Because it's dynamic it'll pick the correct color to amplify no matter what tint has been applied, instead of having to be plain white all the time to avoid risk of an ugly color mismatch with $phongtint.

EDIT: You could probably also do the same thing with the cubemap reflection using $envmaptint as the resultVar to get it looking like some fancy metallic paint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    Do you think you could make it so we can use it in the material tool? Would be good for working on cars by hand.

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,366 Posts
    Do you think you could make it so we can use it in the material tool? Would be good for working on cars by hand.
    That would require a special material tool just for TDMCars.

20. Post #380
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    That would require a special material tool just for TDMCars.
    But it could be done? We could make one for al the materials, iridescent, metallic, etc.

21. Post #381

December 2012
    6 Posts
    why can't i see the Lamborghini reventon model or the bmw 507 model or the Golf mk3 model, they come up as a grey figure and it's kind of annoying, please help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,366 Posts
    why can't i see the Lamborghini reventon model or the bmw 507 model or the Golf mk3 model, they come up as a grey figure and it's kind of annoying, please help.
    Here's your answer.

23. Post #383

December 2012
    6 Posts
    it worked, thank you!

24. Post #384
    Hey DanishMaster, I've been working on a paint material for some custom car models I'm porting and I thought I'd share something I worked out.
    You may find it useful:

Code:
    "VertexLitGeneric"
    {
        $basetexture "models/rush_freak/cars/generic/paint"
        $bumpmap "models/rush_freak/cars/nobump"
        $surfaceprop "metal"
        $blendtintbybasealpha "1"
        $nodiffusebumplighting "1"

$envmap "env_cubemap"
    //    $envmaptint "[.5 .5 .5]"
    //    $envmapcontrast "1"
    //    $envmapsaturation ".5"
        $envmapfresnel "1"

$phong "1"
        $phongexponent "10"
        $phongboost "5"
        $phongfresnelranges "[.05 .3 1]"

"Proxies"
    {
        "Equals"
        {
            srcVar1 "$color"
            resultVar "$phongtint"
        }
    }
    }
    Basically, the proxy in bold tells the material to use whatever the color the color tool has applied as the phong tint, making the material appear slightly shiny like the tiny metal flakes in real car paint.
    Because it's dynamic it'll pick the correct color to amplify no matter what tint has been applied, instead of having to be plain white all the time to avoid risk of an ugly color mismatch with $phongtint.

EDIT: You could probably also do the same thing with the cubemap reflection using $envmaptint as the resultVar to get it looking like some fancy metallic paint.
    I'm gonna have to reward you if this is as awesome as I think it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #385

December 2012
    77 Posts
    is the VC - Mod released?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #386

February 2012
    6 Posts
    is the VC - Mod released?
    Not yet

27. Post #387

January 2013
    9 Posts
    [H2]TDMCars SVN Release[/H2]
    If you find a bug or just have a question, feel free to comment below. However I ignore suggestions and requests

Anyways, here's the SVN link:
    http://gmod-dl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TDMCarpack/
    (The content in scripts\sound\ must be moved to the *root*\garrysmod\ folder of.. Well Garry's Mod. Sound scripts are not loaded from addons and this is why some cars won't have any sound if you don't do this. And do it every time there's an update)

Most cars are able to use VCMod features like lights, extra seats and so on, so stop by the Master Chris Vehicle Pack thread
    Master Chris's Vehicle Pack

[H2]Pictures[/H2]

[tab]Car list[/tab]

Aston Martin DBS
    Audi R8 V10
    Audi S5 (Added 25th of November 2012)
    Audi TT '07
    BMW 507 (Added 20th of October 2012)
    BMW M3 E92 (Added 14th of August 2012)
    BMW M5 E60 (needs rescaling)
    Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
    Chevrolet Chevelle SS '70 (needs rescaling)
    Chevrolet Spark
    CitroŽn C4
    Dodge Charger SRT8
    Dodge Ram SRT10
    Ferrari 250GT
    Ferrari 512 TR
    Ford Crown Victoria Taxi (Added 19th of June 2012)
    Ford Deluxe Coupe 1940 (Added 19th of June 2012)
    Ford Focus RS
    Ford GT 2005 (Added 14th of August 2012)
    Ford Shelby GT500
    Ford Transit (Added 7th of June 2012)
    GMC Vandura
    Honda Civic Type R 07 (Added 7th of June 2012)
    Hummer H1 (Added 7th of June 2012)
    Jeep Wrangler (Added 20th of October 2012)
    Kia Ceed
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Lamborghini Reventon Roadster (Added 25th of November 2012)
    Land Rover Range Rover (Updated 30th of september)
    Mazda MX-5 (Added 20th of October 2012)
    Mazda RX-8
    Mercedes SL65 AMG
    Mercedes C32 (redoing later)
    Mitsubishi Colt (Added 20th of October 2012)
    Mitsubishi Evo Lancer X
    Nissan 350z (redoing later)
    Nissan Skyline R34
    Pagani Zonda C12
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche Cayenne
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI (redoing later)
    Toyota Prius (Added 7th of June 2012)
    Toyota Supra RZ
    VW Golf MKII (updated 4th of september)
    VW Golf MKIII (Added 25th of November 2012)
    VW Scirocco (will fix skirt bug)
    Volvo 242 Turbo

All currently released trucks will be redone to have actual logo's and HQ interior

And many more to come..

There are no emergency vehicles in this SVN yet but they will be released whenever freemmaann is done with VCMod, though here's some WIP anyways

[h2]FAQ[/h2]
    Q: How to color cars?
    A: Use the color tool. It is really that simple

Q: When I use skin changer tool, the cars turns black n pink. How can I fix?
    A: By default, only the base white skin comes with the car. If you wish to fix this anyways, get some skins from people like Davis and EddieLTU

Q: My car spins wildly out of control. What should I do
    A: You can either edit the scripts for personal use or wait until I have been through them all and fix them. My knowledge in making vehicle scripts weren't so good when I started but I have slowly gotten better and now I know exactly what to fix. Again, all car scripts will be done from scratch whenever I get time.

Q: Where can I request a car?
    A: I currently do not take requests unless it is for a community and a paid job. There is no price because it is something your community can decide and then I'll what I can do. There are also random car request events on facebook where you can request a car and have a chance of getting it accepted. We also have races on the server now and then where you can also win a car request

Q: Soo where to donate you some muneh?
    A: As soon as I release my map, there will be an option to donate money.

Q: Is Gmod 13 supported?
    A: Yes and sounds will now also work.

Q: I added you but you never accepted D: you no love me?
    A: Of course I do, but if you really need to contact me, I highly recommend stopping by the Steam group's chat room. (Look below)

Q: My cars look all messed up with triangles and stretched out materials. What to do?
    A: In the Gmod video options, make sure model detail is set to high.
    ALSO
    If you are too lazy to stop by here now and then to check for updates, join the steam group
    Steam group and/or like the facebook page Facebook page
    And sub me at my Youtube Channel

Also come play on my server by clicking here!

TDMSCars is set to be released on workshop as the Workshop has been improved a lot
    I was on the server and some vehicles were errors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,366 Posts
    I was on the server and some vehicles were errors
    Don't quote the whole OP. You need TDMCars SVN version for every one of them, and you also need SCars Slim, Basic, Extra and Vice City Cars (not the game).

29. Post #389

January 2013
    1 Posts
    I'll ask Davis if I can add his skins to the pack ;)
    :P May you add the Pony skins for them? The guy who made them is pretty nice and probably would love to see his skins in use

30. Post #390

January 2012
    15 Posts
    :P May you add the Pony skins for them? The guy who made them is pretty nice and probably would love to see his skins in use
    I think that only chosen people should see them...=D

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    121 Posts
    I'm pretty sure most people don't want to see pony skins. Just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #392
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    Is it just me or does it seem like that whole TV show is based on a guy who got high this one time while he was at a horse ranch.

33. Post #393
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    I know that it isn't a car but is it possible to put DriversHeaven in the SVN? It would be nice for those with a lot of folders in their addon folder to have things consolidated. Also the map and the cars are related.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #394

January 2013
    1 Posts
    How do I download all the stuff from the link : http://gmod-dl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TDMCarpack/
    When i get in there i get this I have no idea what to push.

35. Post #395
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    How do I download all the stuff from the link : http://gmod-dl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TDMCarpack/
    When i get in there i get this I have no idea what to push.
    Look up, download, and find out how to use Tortoise SVN and use that link for the SVN checkout.

36. Post #396

January 2012
    15 Posts
    Is it just me or does it seem like that whole TV show is based on a guy who got high this one time while he was at a horse ranch.
    Hmm... You've got a very strange imagination, sir.

37. Post #397
    [H2]SVN Update[/H2]
    Added Chevrolet Impala SS '96
    Added GMC Syclone
    Added Hudson Hornet

Cadillac Escalade and updated 350z are coming soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    January 2013
    19 Posts
    Would be totally awesome if all the TDM cars were in a workshop packet, just bought a server today and trying to install these would be a lot easier. :p

But I understand you must have other commitments, keep up the good work. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,004 Posts
    These models remind me of the old days where i used to download tons of models for gta vice city - they always look so polished and shiny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    January 2012
    493 Posts
    [H2]SVN Update[/H2]
    Added Chevrolet Impala SS '96
    Added GMC Syclone
    Added Hudson Hornet

Cadillac Escalade and updated 350z are coming soon
    WOHOO! *Homer Style*