1. Post #121

July 2010
    6 Posts
    Hello TheDanishMaster, just wanna say i love your cars they are great and my community members love them on my Roleplay server, the only thing even though many have mentioned it is the Handling...

im not here to complain or anything but im here to find out if you can tell me how you learnt how to do vehicle scripts (do you have any links to a tutorial etc or a website)

I am pretty decent with my lua and i do all the codign for my Roleplay server though i dont know much about vehicle scripts, ive fiddled with stuff and attempted differnt things, which worked but it is sloppy.

I was wondering if there was any tips or knowlege you could pass on about making vehicle scripts (what each value does etc) so i can then go through and edit the scripts myself (even though you will eventually release fixes)

Kind Regards,
    AngryBob
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    June 2009
    125 Posts
    This is a great vehicle pack.

But it seems that when one of my steam friends tries to use the Master Chris pack to get the lights and other features working along with this SVN on his server, he crashes and is prompted this error:

Not sure if anyone else gets this, just throwing it out here to see if anybody does.
    Yeah, I got that error frequently. I singled out Master CHris's vehicles and it crashes if you brake in the vehicles. I fixed it by cleaning out gmod and putting in fresh new SVNs

3. Post #123
    August 2010
    65 Posts
    I've been hoping that you'd make this or something similar to this:

Chevrolet Impala 63'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    can u make the new 2013 chevy avalanche
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    April 2011
    24 Posts
    Hey TDM, Can you create Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec [BCNR33]? Because BNR34 is too mainstream...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    I quick read all the posts and I wonder how much skins one car can take? I'd love if they could all take 12/16 skins, but I don't think it'll be that much.

7. Post #127
    I quick read all the posts and I wonder how much skins one car can take? I'd love if they could all take 12/16 skins, but I don't think it'll be that much.
    They support up to 15 custom skins. Some support less, but new releases should allow 15

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    They support up to 15 custom skins. Some support less, but new releases should allow 15
    I'm like creating skins for my server, DarkRP -don't yell at me for that-, and we're getting a Cardealer NPC. Don't think of anything crappy, it's just MySQL and stuff, but we wanted to create "VIP skins", and make these like skin 14-16. Skin 0 is default, or 1? I'm not quite sure.

EDIT: forgot the most important
    Do you have like a list for all the cars and their skins -skincount-? I mean, it's easier to know sure than just be guessing.

9. Post #129
    Skin 0 is default and no I really don't have a list for that

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    Skin 0 is default and no I really don't have a list for that
    I meant if you have a list for the cars, which cars are made before x date and which cars are made after that date, so they have more skins. Because this is pretty neccesary to know if I want to make VIP skins.

11. Post #131

July 2010
    6 Posts
    Hey Danish,
    I was wondering if you had any tips on editing/creating the actual vehicle scripts, i plan on editing them to improve handling but i dont know much about the vehicle scripts.
    How did you create them in the first place? any tuts or help will be great!

Also if you have a list of the bodygroups for all your cars (already made) coz i know at one stage you stopped doing it as you thought no one read it.. well i do :)
    anyway if you dont have a list readily available then its ok ill just go through them all manually (ingame) unless there is another way.

Thanks!

12. Post #132
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    I would really appreciate a bodygroup list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    733 Posts
    Would like to see a list of the bodygroups as well please, was just about to make a post regarding it! And if possible the syntax to change it for e.g. currentVehicle:Fire("setbodygroup", 1, 2); what are the parameters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    If you are going to redo the trucks to be HD, could you please add support for trailers? I like the VCMod trailers, but they aren't doing what I mean.
    I would like to use the Sickness trailer without having to use axis / ballsocket / anything. The VCMod trucks have it and so do the Sickness trucks. Could you add like the invisible "hole" to hook up the trailer?

http://puu.sh/Qzbj

15. Post #135
    September 2008
    677 Posts
    If you are going to redo the trucks to be HD, could you please add support for trailers? I like the VCMod trailers, but they aren't doing what I mean.
    I would like to use the Sickness trailer without having to use axis / ballsocket / anything. The VCMod trucks have it and so do the Sickness trucks. Could you add like the invisible "hole" to hook up the trailer?

http://puu.sh/Qzbj
    his trucks already support trailers

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    his trucks already support trailers
    Yes, he has his own trailers. Those 3. But other trailers such as sickness can't like "slide in" without having to ballsocket / axis it.

17. Post #137

August 2012
    1 Posts
    Excellent job on the models! Cars look amazing
    By the way, can someone make a good quality prop/driveable vehicle of Skoda Felicia?

I own one, so it will be very cool to drive one in Gmod :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #138

October 2011
    4 Posts
    Your cars are awesome and when I get a chance I will definetely get the SVN. Can't wait for the Crown Vic Police too. Will go good with my Charger.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #139

January 2012
    30 Posts
    Your cars are awesome and when I get a chance I will definetely get the SVN. Can't wait for the Crown Vic Police too. Will go good with my Charger.

Has that been released ? or is it custom....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #140

October 2011
    4 Posts
    Has that been released ? or is it custom....
    The car, pushbar, and lightbar are all stuff that TDM made although they don't have working lights. I placed them on the car and then added my own lights and props to make it look like that. I get bored, lol.

21. Post #141
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    2,091 Posts
    "DO NOT UPLOAD SVN CONTENT TO ANYWHERE"

wha

Edited:

Even fastdl?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #142

January 2012
    15 Posts
    I cant wait for the emergency cars! :D
    May I ask, What program do you use for Textures and modeling?
    PM Me if you don't want a ton of people to know about this :D

Also, Will the trailer ever have support to carry items inside them? (The Container Trailer)

23. Post #143
    April 2010
    472 Posts
    "DO NOT UPLOAD SVN CONTENT TO ANYWHERE"

wha

Edited:

Even fastdl?
    I'm sure you're allowed to use it on your FastDL

24. Post #144
    [H2] SVN Update 14th of August[/H2]

Added BMW M3 E92
    Added Ford GT 2005
    And added missing code for lights and seats in the Murcielago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #145

January 2012
    15 Posts
    New cars are brilliant,
    Oh just incase you didnt see:
    I cant wait for the emergency cars! :D
    May I ask, What program do you use for Textures and modeling?
    PM Me if you don't want a ton of people to know about this :D

Also, Will the trailer ever have support to carry items inside them? (The Container Trailer)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,569 Posts
    New cars are perfect.
    BTW, working on some skins. Will release tomorrow.
    Ford GT Matech GT3 Livery

BMW M3 E92 - GT2 Livery

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #147
    New cars are perfect.
    BTW, working on some skins. Will release tomorrow.
    Ford GT Matech GT3 Livery

BMW M3 E92 - GT2 Livery

Absolutely amazing job on those skins ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148

August 2012
    46 Posts
    Danish, any chance you have some sort of ETA on any of the cop cars? Just one would even do good!

This cars are epic, and I want to use them for my server, but I don't want to have to mix and match other packs with it just to get a simple cop car.

Thanks for replying?

29. Post #149

August 2012
    5 Posts
    TDM, I really like these vehicles, and I can tell that you've put a lot of work into them.

Is there a quick way to download the entire SVN? If there is, could you please let me know.

30. Post #150
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    733 Posts
    TDM, I really like these vehicles, and I can tell that you've put a lot of work into them.

Is there a quick way to download the entire SVN? If there is, could you please let me know.
    ? Just download an SVN client at: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html, create a folder on your desktop called "tdmcars". right click folder -> svn checkout -> enter the svn url provided.

31. Post #151

August 2012
    5 Posts
    Thanks! I'm glad that you linked that to me, I thought I would have to download every file one by one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    I would like to tell you that most of the cars have bad handling. Using this on a RP server makes it pretty useless, because there's only a few cars that drive really well without spinning out on each corner. For example, the Aston Martin and the Mitshubishi Lancer Evolution both drive like a charm, but almost all the others drive worse. The Swift Truck drives faster than a Nissan 350z, such things. I hope you will fix these things sometime.

33. Post #153
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    733 Posts
    I would like to tell you that most of the cars have bad handling. Using this on a RP server makes it pretty useless, because there's only a few cars that drive really well without spinning out on each corner. For example, the Aston Martin and the Mitshubishi Lancer Evolution both drive like a charm, but almost all the others drive worse. The Swift Truck drives faster than a Nissan 350z, such things. I hope you will fix these things sometime.
    You can edit these files yourself, it really isn't that difficult. Go into scripts -> vehicles -> tdmcars edit the car you wish. The parameters are pretty self explanatory.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,326 Posts
    You can edit these files yourself, it really isn't that difficult. Go into scripts -> vehicles -> tdmcars edit the car you wish. The parameters are pretty self explanatory.
    Yeah, I tried messing around with it, but without some good results. As TDM said, "I wasn't good at making vehicle scripts at the beginning". Right now he is, he said he'd change them some time, that's just what I'm asking for. I have no clue what to edit, it would take me days do to them all because each time I'd have to test.

35. Post #155

36. Post #156

August 2012
    46 Posts
    Found these on his screenshots:

I hope he releases these soon (really soon, I need them D:) and it would be even better if the lights worked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    April 2010
    472 Posts
    The Evo police car is already on VoltageGaming (VIP only)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    733 Posts
    The Holden Commodore is also already released on Bluefox / Fussion, privately.

39. Post #159

November 2009
    4 Posts
    Ok so I downloaded it put it all in my addons in my server, put the scripts/sound stuff where it was suppose to go but it still doesn't work. It works on single player but not on my server. Anyone know whats wrong?

40. Post #160

August 2012
    46 Posts
    The Holden Commodore is also already released on Bluefox / Fussion, privately.
    Are they available to download though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)