1. Post #241
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    so once i get the all the SVN extracted do i just play or where do i move the sound/scripts/ files to? i dont even know what happend from that point on
    Move the scripts file to out of addons (in the second garrysmod folder) and place it there but don't accidently slip it into another folder or it won't work, hope it helps you :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    865 Posts
    Hey guys, I saw TDM needed a little help re: vehicle scripts and car sounds, so I took it upon myself to "fix" a couple of things, starting with the GT500.
    I've pretty much fixed the script and it's no longer impossible to drive, but something else that bothered me was the way the sounds worked - there'd be gaps in the audio and general looping or gear issues.
    I went and fixed that by recording my own sounds from TDU2 and sorted the audio loops, assigned proper gear changes and also switched from the mp3-in-car-file system to actually referencing a script entry (which is loaded in lua).

I've uploaded the cumulative results from all of this. http://puu.sh/1n2uO
    Just extract to the root of the TDMCars addons folder and allow it to replace the files.

Lua wise, I only added the script entries to the tdmsounds.lua and modified the GT500's lua file so it pointed towards the new (gt500-2.txt) car file.

Looking forward to feedback.

3. Post #243
    Acecool discovered a way to get classes working in Lua; MetaTable users hate him, ArmA devs love him

February 2012
    3,712 Posts
    Beautiful work Danish Master!!!

When you create the police/emergency vehicles, will the lightbar have a silver skin, as in, no color because LEDs generate color themselves without the need of a lens?

Reason being is I created a completely client side light controller whereby I can control each individual light on a vehicle to create flashing patterns which I'm considering releasing. Also would it be possible to have a completely separate model for a lightbar and for undercover lights that we can attach to vehicles? If you want to, add me on Steam, and I can show you the work I've done with the light controller.

4. Post #244

November 2012
    1 Posts
    when i use the Scania and hook on the trailer the truck almost doesnt go forward. it feels like the trailer is to heavy.

5. Post #245
    October 2012
    157 Posts
    Where can I find the mod that allows you to have passengers and lights and speed/speed limit? Also, the TDMCars won't work with my FastDL, so most of the cars are error signs.

6. Post #246
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    when i use the Scania and hook on the trailer the truck almost doesnt go forward. it feels like the trailer is to heavy.
    Where can I find the mod that allows you to have passengers and lights and speed/speed limit? Also, the TDMCars won't work with my FastDL, so most of the cars are error signs.
    @Nicklasmp - You require VC-Mod for this, unfortunately we got bad news: The VC-Mod hasn't been updated for GMod 13 yet so you will have to drive without a trailer or face using them as props in videos, screenshots, etc.
    @Pon-3 - The mod you're talking about is of course VC-Mod, along with my reply to Nicklasmp the VC-Mod hasn't been updated yet for GMod 13. But it's better than having nothing so you will have to face driving without the VC-Mod until freemmaann updates the VC-Mod for GMod 13. Hope this has helped you two :)

7. Post #247
    October 2012
    157 Posts
    @Pon-3 - The mod you're talking about is of course VC-Mod, along with my reply to Nicklasmp the VC-Mod hasn't been updated yet for GMod 13. But it's better than having nothing so you will have to face driving without the VC-Mod until freemmaann updates the VC-Mod for GMod 13. Hope this has helped you two :)
    VC-Mod is the least of my worries. Players cannot buy the cars and they don't download the models, materials or anything. However, in the Q menu admins can spawn cars. They just show up as error signs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    January 2009
    1,133 Posts
    The new VCMod has been in development for some time now, about 2 years at this point, haven't stopped releasing updates since tho, but its still in heavy development.

It was scheduled to be released at the same time as gmod13, but I started college, GF, friends have taken all of my free time, so can only work on the mod on weekends.

I could fix the old VCMod to work with the new gmod, will work as it did beforehand. (Did so for the TDM server, just didn't release). That would be until I update to the new massive one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    October 2012
    157 Posts
    The new VCMod has been in development for some time now, about 2 years at this point, haven't stopped releasing updates since tho, but its still in heavy development.

It was scheduled to be released at the same time as gmod13, but I started college, GF, friends have taken all of my free time, so can only work on the mod on weekends.

I could fix the old VCMod to work with the new gmod, will work as it did beforehand. (Did so for the TDM server, just didn't release). That would be until I update to the new massive one.
    If you did that, it would be awesome. But I still don't know why the TDMCars won't work with my fastdl.

10. Post #250

March 2011
    269 Posts
    Very nice cars, but can't see to drive them properly. The steer response is very very slow. Wish you could combine these cars with scars :D Cause these look damn pretty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    Excellent! I think in my opinion it would be a good idea to fix the GMod 12 version, it's better than having nothing tbh

12. Post #252
    October 2012
    157 Posts
    orsche Cayenne Turbo S FAILURE IN CUSTOM VEHICLE!
    Mitsubishi Evo Lancer X FAILURE IN CUSTOM VEHICLE!
    Ford Focus RS FAILURE IN CUSTOM VEHICLE!
    Audi TT 07 FAILURE IN CUSTOM VEHICLE!
    Aston Martin DBS FAILURE IN CUSTOM VEHICLE!
    Volvo 242 Turbo FAILURE IN CUSTOM VEHICLE!

So on and so forth...

13. Post #253

November 2012
    3 Posts
    how do i download the pack?
    and also where do i put the addon? please help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

14. Post #254

March 2011
    253 Posts
    Read the description, god..

15. Post #255
    October 2012
    157 Posts
    Does anyone have a resource_file.lua with all of the models and whatnot?

16. Post #256
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    Does anyone have a resource_file.lua with all of the models and whatnot?
    I have a feeling that your problems you are getting appear to be because you're on a Mac OS Computer.
    Otherwise it might be because you tried to do the SVN without the TortoiseSVN. Do you have TortoiseSVN? If not then that could be your problem my friend.

17. Post #257
    November 2012
    2 Posts
    Alright, so, I want this car pack, and also another person's car pack. Now, can someone please tell me how to use SVN? I know I may sound stupid but I joined the forum to find some threads from my favorite people for making Gmod things. So could someone please talk to me over anything to help me with this. I'm sorry for being so dumb but I just would like to know. Thanks.

18. Post #258

March 2012
    7 Posts
    Alright, so, I want this car pack, and also another person's car pack. Now, can someone please tell me how to use SVN? I know I may sound stupid but I joined the forum to find some threads from my favorite people for making Gmod things. So could someone please talk to me over anything to help me with this. I'm sorry for being so dumb but I just would like to know. Thanks.
    Google a tutorial. It's pretty simple, just make sure you also use a SVN client which is simple to use such as tortoise SVN

19. Post #259
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    can someone please tell me how to use SVN?
    Easy: http://www.starless.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1410

I set up the topic myself from that website a few days before I joined FP but, hopefully this should help you out. Saves a lot more time than searching for one on Google

20. Post #260

November 2012
    1 Posts
    i cant download it i dont know where the link is please help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,822 Posts
    i cant download it i dont know where the link is please help
    CAN'T PEOPLE READ THE OP GODDAMNIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #262
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    CAN'T PEOPLE READ THE OP GODDAMNIT
    Agree with you there, seems that there's too many idiots that can't read even when it's actually very easy to find the SVN Link. Damn...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    November 2012
    2 Posts
    Google a tutorial. It's pretty simple, just make sure you also use a SVN client which is simple to use such as tortoise SVN
    Thank you, it is much appreciated that you were not one to call me an idiot or anything :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    October 2012
    157 Posts
    So, are TDMCars slowly dying away? I don't want to have to use SCars...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #265
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,243 Posts
    Quick question, the trailer wheels don't move at all, is there a way to do it correctly, I am confuzzled.

26. Post #266

February 2010
    16 Posts
    I thought GMod 13 and Workshop eliminated the need for SVN. Why is this not being released in Workshop?

Easy: http://www.starless.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1410

I set up the topic myself from that website a few days before I joined FP but, hopefully this should help you out. Saves a lot more time than searching for one on Google

27. Post #267

January 2012
    15 Posts
    By the way, I've noticed that some skin templates are missing. TDM, could you add them to your next car pack, please?

28. Post #268
    Acecool discovered a way to get classes working in Lua; MetaTable users hate him, ArmA devs love him

February 2012
    3,712 Posts
    Quick question, the trailer wheels don't move at all, is there a way to do it correctly, I am confuzzled.

You need to make sure the handbrake is off on the trailer; no need for VC mod to drive with a trailer.

vehicleEntity:Fire("HandBrakeOff", "", 0)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #269

July 2012
    8 Posts
    how do i download the pack?
    and also where do i put the addon? please help
    you need SVN to extract the files to garrysmod addons folder(if you dont know whats SVN then google it!)

30. Post #270
    Just to answer why I haven't used the workshop yet, I can't. The workshopper won't let me upload and I do prefer svn over it because you won't have to redownload everything again with the svn whenever I update something. I'll keep trying to upload my stuff to the workshop but if it continues to fail, garrysmod.org is my only option. And VCMod is on it's to GM13 but you'll have to ask freemmaann for a status update on that.

[H2]SVN Update - 25th November[/H2]
    Added Audi S5
    Added Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
    Added VW Golf Mk3 (my irl car)

My super fancy tools are broken in Gm13 so I apologize if it seems like I rushed through some things...

And thank you for letting me know when people upload my stuff to the workshop because none of them have my permission, especially not when they credit themselves as if they had made any of it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    February 2012
    124 Posts
    Just to answer why I haven't used the workshop yet, I can't. The workshopper won't let me upload and I do prefer svn over it because you won't have to redownload everything again with the svn whenever I update something. I'll keep trying to upload my stuff to the workshop but if it continues to fail, garrysmod.org is my only option. And VCMod is on it's to GM13 but you'll have to ask freemmaann for a status update on that.

[H2]SVN Update - 25th November[/H2]
    Added Audi S5
    Added Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
    Added VW Golf Mk3 (my irl car)

My super fancy tools are broken in Gm13 so I apologize if it seems like I rushed through some things...

And thank you for letting me know when people upload my stuff to the workshop because none of them have my permission, especially not when they credit themselves as if they had made any of it!
    I have a quick question, but do you have the working models for the police cars? I can handle the lights (when they work when VCMod is updated) and seats (when the extras work too) myself, but if there's a particular reason that you haven't, then that's cool.

32. Post #272
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the workshop works like SVN.

33. Post #273
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    I thought GMod 13 and Workshop eliminated the need for SVN. Why is this not being released in Workshop?
    Thought so too but the SVN addons still work if they have been converted to Garry's Mod 13 though, otherwise it won't make the addon show up

34. Post #274

January 2012
    15 Posts
    Thought so too but the SVN addons still work if they have been converted to Garry's Mod 13 though, otherwise it won't make the addon show up
    Besides, it is much esier to make skins while using SVN version.

35. Post #275
    Dennab
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    [POST REDACTED]

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    628 Posts
    Bored again...
    Audi S5 RS4 DTM Red Bull Livery

And some offtopic stuff...
    (Car made by Sentrygunman)
    Chevrolet El Camino NFS World Red Juggernaut Edition

BTW, Danish, please make Dodge Charger SRT-8 and Mercedes SL65 texture templates.

37. Post #277
    Best in the World
    January 2012
    882 Posts
    Can't wait for the Police Cars. Waited so long ;(

38. Post #278
    January 2012
    320 Posts
    BTW, Danish, please make Dodge Charger SRT-8 and Mercedes SL65 texture templates.
    They were out a while ago, don't know where they've gone though but I'm sure it's on TDM's Facebook page or maybe that might of been the 500 Likes Pack but I don't know really.

However, I still got the skin templates available for usage. Lucky I kept the GMod 12 Versions of the cars before the 1,250 subs pack was out, anyway. Merry Christmas mate: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22685...+Templates.zip

39. Post #279
    I didn't even know they were missing :0

TheCrazyGoD, your link does not seem to work, but I will add the templates in the next update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    5,588 Posts
    Some of the cars still have really shitty handling. If I drive over a curb, my car spins all over the place. Is that a current bug? Or do I just have an older version.