1. Post #1
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Hello,

I am attempting to build an Android and iPhone application using Javascript for a school. They use a Sharepoint site, I am wondering if it is possible to authenticate with the site, to allow access to the app with Javascript or would I need to use a different method?

(Redirected here by Programming)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    You mean you're building a sort-of web app for smartphone use, right? You build an actual app using Javascript.

3. Post #3
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    No. I am building an app that doesn't use a browser, it takes the RSS feeds from the site, displays them and then allows the user to browse them IF they are logged in, I can't figure out how to link the login systems

4. Post #4
    September 2011
    256 Posts
    No. I am building an app that doesn't use a browser, it takes the RSS feeds from the site, displays them and then allows the user to browse them IF they are logged in, I can't figure out how to link the login systems
    good luck with that

5. Post #5
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    I'm super confused as to what you're trying to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2007
    1,230 Posts
    Are you sure they dont use LDAP to interact with the Active Directory of users on Windows Server with their Sharepoint site? Chances are they probably do in order to keep the number of credentials you need to remember down to a minimum, in which case you need to come up with an LDAP solution which will require all kinda of stuff like the server details which hosts the LDAP services as well as a certificate and stuff, its a lot of work. I think Javascript can handle LDAP though with some addons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)