1. Post #1
    March 2011
    64 Posts
    This is a topic where you can post your ideas of dream addons that could give roleplaying, building, or simply hanging out with friends a big facelift, but could be impossible for you to do without the necessary scripting, modeling, or animating skills, or would have any legal issues to them.

Here's one that I thought up.

GMod Arcade / Retro Games - This idea is all pretty much revolved around ROM's and Emulation which certainly isn't the most legal thing on the planet, and would take some serious programming to get onto gmod. You could spawn and play arcade games, game consoles, old home computers such as the Commodore 64 (like PC Mod but emulator-based), handhelds, and probably pinball machines (Pinball games would need far more work than video games due to being physics based) In-game.

Example - You could spawn an arcade/pinball game, walk up to it and press E and you can play it in-game, The same applies for consoles and computers with the exception of plugging the system into a monitor then loading up / inserting a game and contollers in. Handhelds will work in a similar way with them being equippable SWEPS.

Here's a basic gmod pic kinda showing what this would look like when one is playing International Karate on the commodore 64.

This could give roleplaying a decent expansion, people can run arcades, sell consoles and games, or simply add an arcade game to their business for some small profit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 9Agree x 5Friendly x 2Optimistic x 2Winner x 2Late x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    577 Posts
    Cry of fear weapons. Like seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2011
    1 Posts
    This is a topic where you can post your ideas of dream addons that could give roleplaying, building, or simply hanging out with friends a big facelift, but could be impossible for you to do without the necessary scripting, modeling, or animating skills, or would have any legal issues to them.

GMod Arcade - This idea is all pretty much revolved around ROM's and Emulation which certainly isn't the most legal thing on the planet, and would take some serious programming to get onto gmod. You could spawn and play arcade games, consoles, and pinball machines (Pinball games would need far more work than video games).

Example - You could spawn a Pac-Man cabinet and press E on it to focus in on the screen like in PCMOD, and you could play it. For a console you could spawn a Genesis, wire it to a TV and controllers, load up a rom, and play it that way.
    I think that's a great idea man! And being able to add your own roms to the addon would be sweet too. Videogameception lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    mvr
    August 2008
    802 Posts
    A wheatley boss fight snpcs that would be so cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 8Zing x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2010
    1,431 Posts
    HL2 Beta SNPCS. All of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2011
    4,751 Posts
    Joystick controlled airplanes with realistic behavior and working instruments.

Not a realistic dream but w/e :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Optimistic x 2Dumb x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,100 Posts
    A working portal gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree x 69Funny x 8Optimistic x 3Winner x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    93 Posts
    What if there was this addon where you could spawn gates, sensors, inputs and outputs and wire them together so a working computer-like contraption can be made in Garry's Mod?
    The gates would be connected with wires, which are beams that act as a medium to carry the output from one wired entity to an input on another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 11Dumb x 4Late x 3Informative x 2Winner x 2Optimistic x 2Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,467 Posts
    What if there was this addon where you could spawn gates, sensors, inputs and outputs and wire them together so a working computer-like contraption can be made in Garry's Mod?
    The gates would be connected with wires, which are beams that act as a medium to carry the output from one wired entity to an input on another.
    What would one name it? WiredMod? WiringMod? PCMod?

edit: holy fucking chirst on a bike i know you hi moocow.

-toasters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    An addon that would let you assassinate Metrocops and make it look exactly like you knifing someone in BF3. Complete with animations and fanciness and camera movement code and kill indicators and-
    (Never gonna happen, I know, but hey, it says "Dream")
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    I would love the TF2 replay rendering addon for gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    It's already been made, although, it's not supported anymore. *Extremely Sad Face*

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=110332
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    this link changes
    April 2012
    8,383 Posts
    Races that can be easily customised. Use the tool gun to designate checkpoints, starting lines and a billboard to represent tournament standings/lap times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2012
    54 Posts
    For Me, I Would Love UT2004 Sweps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2012
    153 Posts
    A working portal gun.
    The topic says dreams, not nightmares.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny x 19Dumb x 3Agree x 2Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    June 2008
    72 Posts
    I made a Model pack for it, I have converted over about 8 models so far.
    I hope to make sweps out of them eventually :)

If you got GMod 13 the link is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=72938821
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2011
    64 Posts
    Races that can be easily customised. Use the tool gun to designate checkpoints, starting lines and a billboard to represent tournament standings/lap times.
    It's kinda already made with SCars 2.0's checkpoint spawner, the only thing it doesn't have is a billboard for stats

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    93 Posts
    What would one name it? WiredMod? WiringMod? PCMod?

edit: holy fucking chirst on a bike i know you hi moocow.

-toasters
    Oh hi toast.
    I was just kidding. I actually took the gmod wiki description of Wiremod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    1,353 Posts
    A npc modifier, that allows them to think much more better, and also allowing them to drive n shit, and other things

also allowing them to have dynamic AI, which wouldn't need a map with AI noding, as well as walking through a door, being able to climb a ladder, climb and jump over stuff, yknow basic things a human can do every day without the need to script it to happen. Which i find annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    A nuke addon that doesn't look like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2008
    1,277 Posts
    Halo 3 replay/ GTA IV video editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree x 5Dumb x 3Funny x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    March 2011
    64 Posts
    Halo 3 replay/ GTA IV video editor.
    what does this have to do with Gmod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,536 Posts
    -A lua-based belt/gear system that accurately transmitted torque and RPM of physical props at varying ratios.

-An addon similar to ACF's Mobility components, with greater emphasis put on customization of engines. Bore, stroke, compression ratio, cylinder count, cylinder config, and material options that factor into the final product would all be customizable.

I don't think either of those ideas are at all out of reach, there just aren't enough people interested to make it happen, I guess :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    A transformation pack from the HL2 (Half-Life 2) Source Engine to the P2 (Portal 2) source engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    January 2012
    1,540 Posts
    I would love to see mass effect sweps,snpcs, or a drivable mako.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26

October 2011
    280 Posts
    Joystick controlled airplanes with realistic behavior and working instruments.

Not a realistic dream but w/e :(
    Actually, That is perfectly possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2011
    4,751 Posts
    Actually, That is perfectly possible.
    Possible but difficult, unless it's a contraption.

lol how is this dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    March 2010
    459 Posts
    Rope with realistic physics, not just noclipping through everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,266 Posts

This guy, with the sonic pylons. Completely random movements. Scary shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    June 2011
    326 Posts
    Well-coded sweps that support usage with any gun-wielding NPC (Metrocops, Combines, etc.)
    Basically anything that would allow Combine to fire SWEPs. *dream since 2006*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    7 Posts
    I want Npc scene to work again...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    November 2011
    70 Posts
    Here they are, but they are for gmod 13 beta :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=73295671

33. Post #33
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,510 Posts
    A super-efficient overhaul of the physics engine and networking so Spacebuild wouldn't require a quantum computer for a server. So then we could have E.V.E Online, except with manually controlled ships with interiors, and also actual fun.

Just think of it. All those ships, each fully simulated from the interior to the exterior, all to scale, and each with a twelve year old kid at the helm who can't figure out how to use his downloaded Life Support E2.
    (oh, and a version of Life Support that doesn't rival DevNull in data sent)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 15Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    January 2011
    269 Posts
    A super-efficient overhaul of the physics engine and networking so Spacebuild wouldn't require a quantum computer for a server. So then we could have E.V.E Online, except with manually controlled ships with interiors, and also actual fun.

Just think of it. All those ships, each fully simulated from the interior to the exterior, all to scale, and each with a twelve year old kid at the helm who can't figure out how to use his downloaded Life Support E2.
    Oh man, that would be too awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #35
    March 2009
    70 Posts
    A working fluid system that didn't look bad, and wasn't laggy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,679 Posts
    SWEPs with (reasonably) accurately modelled real-world ballistics, along with an advanced locational injury system, and some other **ULTIMATE MODERN WARFARE TACTICAL REALISM** shit.

Something kinda like ARMAII or Occupation CS: Source but as a GMod gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2012
    18 Posts

GMod Arcade / Retro Games - This idea is all pretty much revolved around ROM's and Emulation which certainly isn't the most legal thing on the planet, and would take some serious programming to get onto gmod. You could spawn and play arcade games, game consoles, old home computers such as the Commodore 64 (like PC Mod but entirely emulated), handhelds, and probably pinball machines (Pinball games would need far more work than video games due to being physics based).

Example - You could spawn an arcade/pinball game, walk up to it and press E and you can play it, The same applies for consoles and computers with the exception of plugging the system into a monitor then loading up / inserting a game and contollers in. Handhelds will work in a similar way with them being equippable SWEPS.

Here's a basic gmod pic kinda showing what this would look like with the commodore 64.

This could give roleplaying a decent expansion, people can run arcades, sell consoles and games, or simply add an arcade game to their business for some small profit.
    There's an source mod called Source Media Arcade 2 which can do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    March 2011
    64 Posts
    There's an source mod called Source Media Arcade 2 which can do that
    I downloaded it and tried it out, It's basically just a Source-made Frontend with extra features and multiplayer, but at least it's a bit of a start.

(Hitting play on GoldenEye for the N64 just boots up your Nintendo 64 Emulator with Goldeneye on it, thus I think of it as a frontend)

My idea essentially involves players actually playing games IN GMOD (for instance in GMOD Theater, every person in Theater 1 is watching the same video in-game).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    queen of vphysics.dll
    April 2012
    152 Posts

Physics is already being worked on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,801 Posts
    I personally want a really souped-up and modern-looking noteworthy Deathmatch gamemode and an actual working recreation of Nazi Zombies. Not goofy or anything either - legit. I know some of these are in the process, though.