1. Post #1
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,268 Posts
    Well, I feel fucking stupid. While getting rid of some textures I didn't need, I accidentally deleted the textures to the refugees form HL2. If any Good Samaritans want to help out, that would be funtubularbs (That's gibberish for fantastic.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,817 Posts
    Garry's Mod reads those textures straight from the Half-Life 2 materials GCFs. Hop in-game and check if it still works. If not, report back and we'll get it sorted out.

3. Post #3

January 2012
    528 Posts
    or maybe you could verify the game cache. should work...

4. Post #4
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,268 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    TBH it looks alot like you had pirated content on, correct me if I'm wrong but it shouldn't do that just from removing textures from your main gmod folder.

6. Post #6

January 2012
    528 Posts
    that's real weird, cause unless you have an invalid vtf with the same name, gmod should refer to the gcf if it cannot find that file. so this might mean well
    Garry Newman says he wants his 10 dollars back

7. Post #7
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,268 Posts
    that's real weird, cause unless you have an invalid vtf with the same name, gmod should refer to the gcf if it cannot find that file. so this might mean well
    Garry Newman says he wants his 10 dollars back
    Weird, I bought my game, and most of this content is from garrysmod.org. I don't pirate, so this is real weird. Any suggestions on what to do?

8. Post #8
    August 2011
    461 Posts
    Weird, I bought my game, and most of this content is from garrysmod.org. I don't pirate, so this is real weird. Any suggestions on what to do?
    Open the source materials.gcf, drag the entire materials folder into garrysmod/garrysmod.

It's a dumb solution, but it should work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,817 Posts
    I believe gm_bigcity uses a few materials from CS:S, but it doesn't actually have you extract those into your garrysmod folder, and any custom materials are packed into the .bsp.
    Your best bet is to do what Kabs suggested.
    Get GCFScape and extract the content of source materials.gcf into your \garrysmod\garrysmod folder.

10. Post #10
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,268 Posts
    Unfortunately, I had to copy my entire Garry's Mod to a separate file an re-install the game, I have it copied to several drives, so I should find a way to fix my game, as there was definitely something worse going on, as well. A large amount of textures have dissapeared into oblivion, and there was no other solution.

11. Post #11
    August 2011
    461 Posts
    Unfortunately, I had to copy my entire Garry's Mod to a separate file an re-install the game, I have it copied to several drives, so I should find a way to fix my game, as there was definitely something worse going on, as well. A large amount of textures have dissapeared into oblivion, and there was no other solution.
    Yeah there was, and I posted it.

Get them out of the gcf files of the games they're from. It's simple.

12. Post #12
    :3 FURRY ELITIST PRIDE :3
    January 2011
    6,579 Posts

Yeah, yeah "unfortunately"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,268 Posts
    Yeah there was, and I posted it.

Get them out of the gcf files of the games they're from. It's simple.
    Well, I did reinstall the game. It fixed all problems, except the refugee textures. I try out your solution right now.

This might sound really dumb, but I have no fucking clue how to use gcfscape.

I'll see if I can look up how to use it.

14. Post #14
    October 2008
    1,156 Posts
    Didn't you simply uninstall the game those textures belong to, like CS:S or HL2 EP2 etc..

15. Post #15
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,268 Posts
    Didn't you simply uninstall the game those textures belong to, like CS:S or HL2 EP2 etc..
    I did, but I saved my addons. Seems that the game is still convinced I have the refugee texture pack, and is still deleting the refugee textures. It's annoying, and I want them back.

Otherwise, it fixed some other problems I was facing. Dissapearing maps/map textures for instance.