1. Post #1
    May 2012
    44 Posts
    Ok so i need to use a png file in my VC project, i know that if i place it in my debug folder and load the image "name.png" it loads fine, but what if i wanna load from a different source? How would i go about that?

2. Post #2
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Specify what you mean by "different source".

3. Post #3
    May 2012
    44 Posts
    Specify what you mean by "different source".
    well im trying to organize my project, and i wanna put all my textures in one folder that my project can just pull from, instead of putting all my png files in the debug folder

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,637 Posts
    well im trying to organize my project, and i wanna put all my textures in one folder that my project can just pull from, instead of putting all my png files in the debug folder
    instead of using "image.png" use "subfolder/image.png", or whatever. Or set a variable named [ourImageFolder] and use that to properly prepend the images. You should also make sure that your working directory is set up properly if you're debugging inside of visual studio.

5. Post #5
    May 2012
    44 Posts
    instead of using "image.png" use "subfolder/image.png", or whatever. Or set a variable named [ourImageFolder] and use that to properly prepend the images. You should also make sure that your working directory is set up properly if you're debugging inside of visual studio.
    Awsome it works, thanks, learning C++ was a task in its own, now understanding the IDE is another feat i must under go

p.s. if anyone knows a good resource to start learning all the features, and options of VS2010, that would be wonderful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

7. Post #7
    December 2007
    209 Posts
    You know thats 0 help.....

thats the same thing as just doing fuckinggoogleit.com....aka worthless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    You know thats 0 help.....

thats the same thing as just doing fuckinggoogleit.com....aka worthless
    Yes, in this case that site was more useless then I thought but in some cases it is a good site. The problem is that there aren't many VS2010 tutorials. What he asked was about ALL features in visual studio that is impossible to find if you do not know what you are looking for. Unless you have the ultimate tutorial?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2011
    436 Posts