1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,382 Posts
    i remember using chrome in its beta when it had a 7% market share
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,010 Posts
    Good, Chrome is a very solid browser and perfect for most users.

By the way, does this account for Chrome installations, downloads, or usage? I personally use Nightly due to the extreme customizing potential (I have eliminated almost every single wasted pixel for maximum screen usage) but keep Chrome as a backup browser as some things have stopped working on Nightly. Battlelog and magnet links for instance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    I thoroughly enjoy using Opera :(
    Eh, it could be better.
    But it still has quite a lot of features I can't understand isn't standard in other browsers.
    And a few that REALLY needs to go (lol built in torrent client, just get uTorrent already)
    I just wish the framework/API for extensions were a LITTLE BIT more flexible.
    That and that they would also strongly encourage proper coding ethics for said extensions.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,147 Posts
    I'm an Opera Hipster myself. All the other browsers are too mainstream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    That was fast seeing as the project started 3-4 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    617 Posts
    What does being 4G or 2G have to do with speed of a browser? xG is a network type, it has nothing to do with phone itself?
    Plus lol phone.
    G stands for generation, so it can be used for anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47

March 2012
    8 Posts
    Why isnt sparkbrowser on that list?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    G stands for generation, so it can be used for anything.
    But aren't there phones of varying specs in the same generation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,189 Posts
    I still prefer Firefox, but Chrome is okay. Congrats to them on outdoing IE. It's about damn time something took its spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

10. Post #50
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,908 Posts
    No love for Opera. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 5Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,721 Posts
    It's okay Opera, I still love you.

<3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,119 Posts
    I still find it funny by public surveys, a lot of people didn't even know they were using a browser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,810 Posts
    What I find interesting is the share almost comes from IE's usage. Firefox and the rest are staying fairly constant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,282 Posts
    Went to Chrome after Firefox suddenly decided to start freezing up every 10 seconds, even after a Windows reinstallation. Never looked back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Chrome crashes constantly for me now, going back to Firefox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,521 Posts
    I love chrome, the only problem I have with it is embedded videos bug out on me or don't load at all.

18. Post #58
    November 2010
    1,436 Posts
    Rise up and rejoice, fellow Chrome users!

Today is ours!

OT: I have been using chrome for years now, I still rank it as my favorite browser hands down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,095 Posts
    Using FF simply for the fact it isn't Google.

I think I use too many Google services as it is. Last thing I need is for them to know everything about my browsing habits and actions. (If they aren't already with tracking cookies)

Perhaps the only reason I would think to switch is that Firefox consumes an unearthly amount of memory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,706 Posts
    I use FF my self, Chrome is equally as good, but I just feel more comfortable in Firefox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #61
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Well can't say its not expected, its a good browser however for those who are giving IE slack.
    I'm going to hugely guess you haven't used IE9, which is the only browser on the market to be 100% hardware accelerated, stock 64bit supported and follows the HTML5 and CSS3 specs to the dot by only shipping features which are approved with their front release and keeping the testing stuff to a different platform.
    Something Google and Mozilla don't understand, Google is hilarious for it, they keep constantly moving shit between nightly, dev and public releases, half of it shouldn't be in the public release to be honest, a good example is CSS3 animations, sure they are lovely to tinker with but they ain't an approved part of the CSS3 spec since I last checked meaning they shouldn't be in a public use browser.

However saying that I'm being ironic as I use chrome but mainly because its quick and I can keep all my web shit synced together off one account, it was the first browser to use separate instances for its tabs so if shit crashed the whole browser wouldn't nuke its self, huge lack of memory leaks and I like the UI more than IE9s.

In the end, personal preference makes your browser, your browser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    What IE? Sure it is bad at a lot of stuff. It reads html, css and all other web stuff unlike anything else.
    No, opera.

IE9 is usable, its nothing great, still doesn't follow CSS3 or HTML5 as well as other browsers, is notifications are fucking terrible.

23. Post #63
    June 2007
    2,268 Posts
    Chrome crashes constantly for me now, going back to Firefox.
    I don't think I've had anything Chrome related crash for a year or something. What the hell have you done?

Perhaps the only reason I would think to switch is that Firefox consumes an unearthly amount of memory
    The last time I checked Chrome used the most memory from all of the popular browsers. Having everything in a separate process has quite a bit of overhead. The difference is that once you close that tab you get all of that memory back though, unlike Firefox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #64
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,376 Posts
    But guys, a more beautiful web is...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,777 Posts
    Base chrome is several processes, each tab is a process, and each plugin is at least one process.
    And for those wondering, its done this way because then it allows maximum performance and memory threading to be allocated to chrome as nessicary, and also means that if one part of chrome freezes, it'll only freeze that one part instead of all of Chrome (which means its much more stable).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #66

If by beautiful they mean forcing web programmers to bend the IE's will, then yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    Internet Explorer should be excluded since it's pre-installed on every single computer with windows.

28. Post #68
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Internet Explorer should be excluded since it's pre-installed on every single computer with windows.
    Not in Europe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11 (list)

29. Post #69

September 2010
    458 Posts
    Chrome is the new IE: people use it but don't know why is it there instead of something else. That's because of the bundling with Flash and the "browse faster" ads on YouTube. Also, Chrome preloads web pages, which can produce false hits, so I don't think it is really the 1st browser. Finally, StatCounter isn't very used in China, which represents 30% of internet users and where IE is still the most popular browser

30. Post #70
    March 2011
    4,223 Posts
    Last time I used Chrome it suddenly stopped connecting to Internet for me and I was too dumb to figure out how to fix it, so back to Firefox. It rarely crashes on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    June 2010
    6,271 Posts
    Eh, it could be better.
    But it still has quite a lot of features I can't understand isn't standard in other browsers.
    And a few that REALLY needs to go (lol built in torrent client, just get uTorrent already)
    I just wish the framework/API for extensions were a LITTLE BIT more flexible.
    That and that they would also strongly encourage proper coding ethics for said extensions.
    lol uTorrent, just download it like everything else through your browser.
    Thoroughly enjoying Opera, glad they're cutting some of the fat in their next release like Unite that just didn't stick on. It's good to put your failings behind you and learn from them. It's like Google's stuff, not everything works out, but sometimes there's some really useful services to be found there.

But honestly there's not that much of a difference between web browsers anymore. Everyone copies from the others and refines itself, then people realize they should probably do some innovating to win over customers and everyone benefits from it, again. Even IE seems to be catching up, tho its reputation will indubitably take time to recover.

I'd just really like a neutral net now. C'mon Google, what's that bullshit? Opera can't use your Reverse Image Search unless it masks itself as FF or Chrome? C'mon, that's just plain silly.

32. Post #72
    October 2008
    2,690 Posts
    Glad to see IE not on top. I've used Firefox and Chrome for quite a while now. I've always had better luck with Firefox using less memory and crashing less. I just use Chrome so I can have one of my Facebook's open in Firefox and the other open in Chrome.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,742 Posts

I guess dubstep drove people away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,222 Posts
    I've always preferred Firefox. I've used it ever since I first tried it on my old laptop, it's just grown on me.

35. Post #75
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I guess dubstep drove people away.
    No, this did.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,955 Posts
    I thought Google Chrome raped your memory usage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #77
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,222 Posts
    how did you get a screenshot of my desktop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #78
    April 2011
    2,636 Posts
    Wait, so something that's actually good is popular? About fucking time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,915 Posts
    Chrome is the only browser I always come back to if I want to try something new

40. Post #80
    "You should see my penis, it puts a wookie to shame. its like a fucking front tail."
    January 2010
    2,415 Posts
    Mostly because Google advertises for it EVERYWHERE.
    Having a few billion to dump into advertising apparently helps these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)