1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,361 Posts
    Do you realize that you are being completely antithetical and hypocritical when you say this? Your first post at the top of the page implied that weed says that people drop out- which is looked down upon. So therefore you're making the point that you're superior over those who do not smoke weed. And your rebuttal to HorizoN makes no sense. How does anything he said have to relate to playing games all day? He was making and allusion to your logic with weed and how stupid it sounds when you put something else in place of it, not making an argument about if video games are good or bad or w/e.

You're just genuinely retarded- at this point, if you're trying to excuse yourself out your own stupidity, the best way to do it is to just stop replying and never post again. It's even more laughable knowing that a mod thinks that your (incredibly biased and uneducated) opinions are worth rating dumb. Just think about that.
    "Yur dumb becuz you repliyed abut off topic bantur.. oh yeah and a mod thinks ur dum too!"

You know why it didn't have to do anything with my argument? Because it had nothing to do with my argument, seriously man, you've been here since 2010 and should be reading better than that, we were briefly discussing video games, and as I said in my original post about games it was off topic.

I mean for fucks sake, did you even scroll down and read my entire argument which then came to a close when Furioso and I came to a logical conclusion?

"So therefore you're making the point that you're superior over those who do not smoke weed."

Did you recently suffer a head injury, making you so short sighted that you come to ridiculus conclusions without reading all of my posts and making silly assumptions based on what you probably perceive me as "That anti-pot brainwashed idiot" Simply go fuck yourself. Maybe you skipped over the part when I said my Mother and all four of my sisters smoke pot.

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,162 Posts
    "Yur dumb becuz you repliyed abut off topic bantur.. oh yeah and a mod thinks ur dum too!"

You know why it didn't have to do anything with my argument? Because it had nothing to do with my argument, seriously man, you've been here since 2010 and should be reading better than that, we were briefly discussing video games, and as I said in my original post about games it was off topic.

I mean for fucks sake, did you even scroll down and read my entire argument which then came to a close when Furioso and I came to a logical conclusion?

"So therefore you're making the point that you're superior over those who do not smoke weed."

Did you just inject LSD into your brain, making you so short sighted that you come to ridiculus conclusions without reading all of my posts and making silly assumptions based on what you probably perceive me as "That anti-pot brainwashed idiot" Simply go fuck yourself. Maybe you skipped over the part when I said my Mother and all four of my sisters smoke pot.
    while were on the topic of jumping to conclusions that are ridiculous and unresearched.

There have been no documented human deaths from an LSD overdose.[47] It is physiologically well tolerated and there is no evidence for long-lasting physiological effects on the brain or other parts of the human organism.[48]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergi...dverse_effects
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,361 Posts
    while were on the topic of jumping to conclusions that are ridiculous and unresearched.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergi...dverse_effects
    Actually, the whole LSD argument had nothing to do with him being a drug user, I would have come to a more common expression such as "What are you smoking" but it would have been handled in the same way.

Did I say "Hey since you smoke weed you must do LSD therefore I will assume you do LSD and any absurd argument you pull out of your ass henceforth will be attributed to LSD"

And why are you posting about LSD overdose? I said he injected LSD into his brain, an obviously absurd statement meant to match his equally absurd statement.

EDIT

You know what, I'll change it so people won't get mixed up again.

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,162 Posts
    injecting lsd wouldn't make your brain retarded. that'd be like me saying that you ate so much food that you became retarded from it. the two are completely unrelated. so you aint even clever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,361 Posts
    injecting lsd wouldn't make your brain retarded. that'd be like me saying that you ate so much food that you became retarded from it. the two are completely unrelated. so you aint even clever.
    So when you take LSD your completely normal... I didn't say "Are you suffering the long term effects of LSD abuse, that would make you so short sighted...."

Sorry if it came off wrong, changed anyways.

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,162 Posts
    So when you take LSD your completely normal... I didn't say "Are you suffering the long term effects of LSD abuse, that would make you so short sighted...."

Sorry if it came off wrong, changed anyways.
    k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,033 Posts
    Why the fuck can't you just let people smoke weed? Pure THC is bad regardless.
    I have an extremely low physical tolerance for things like pharmaceuticals and such, if someone smoked weed and I can smell it on their clothing even I get really horrible headaches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    What I don't understand is, why weed specifically? As far as medicinal and recreational purposes go, aren't there ways to synthesize THC?
    too much effort, isn't as good

9. Post #169
    faster than stupid, but still slower than everybody else
    June 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Sells an ounce a day and doesn't believe weed should be legal. Anyone else not surprised?

Oh, but you don't think people should get in trouble with it? You care so much for your customers.
    Uh, I said it shouldn't be fully legalized (alcohol isn't "legal" its more or less "restricted"), but marijuana should be decriminalized or for medical use only. There's a difference. Decriminalized means you SHOULD NOT get in trouble with it for having personal amount. It can really fuck your shit up especially for employment. I am studying Information System Technology, and the money I can make from that is more worth it to me than the $20-$60 bucks (and free weed) I made from selling weed seem like chump change. I consider myself lucky I didn't get arrested for selling, and only having a small amount. Trust me, getting arrested for weed is counter-productive, especially for somebody in my position.

I know I sold weed, but I did what I had to do to keep a certain lifestyle going. I also didn't sell to people I didn't know, I sold to friends I would party/hang out with every day or the weekends. It wasn't like I sold weed on the streets or to children. I sold in the dormitory in my school. I understand there were a lot of laws I broke, but I don't really do that anymore. It was something I did previously.

10. Post #170
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,880 Posts
    What I don't understand is, why weed specifically? As far as medicinal and recreational purposes go, aren't there ways to synthesize THC?
    There are a tonnes lot of synthesized cannabinoids that are used for medical purposes and recreational. Since they structurally differ from THC, they are "legal" in some countries. Sweden used to ban batches of synthesized cannabinoids every year or something, now they have some kind of new law that says anything that's suspected to be a "legal" drug is to be taken for analysis. (something like that)

Edited:

You may have heard of JWH-018, which was used in Spice and many other "herbal smoke" bags, was really popular here in Sweden a few years back. But now forbidden. Supposedly it gave a cannabis like high.
    Funny thing is, each time something is prohibited, new ones come up. Like right now, I'm browsing this forum and people are talking about something called UR-144.

11. Post #171
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Uh no. There's hundred of other cannabinoids, chemicals that make weed so great in conjunction with the THC, humans are not God and will never make anything close to the original, natural substance.

You may have heard of JWH-018, which was used in Spice and many other "herbal smoke" bags, was really popular here in Sweden a few years back. But now forbidden. Supposedly it gave a cannabis like high.
    Funny thing is, each time something is prohibited, new ones come up. Like right now, I'm browsing this forum and people are talking about something called UR-144.
    This is absolutely retarded, people buying these nasty ass "spices" that try to mimic the effect of marijuana, when in reality all it does is give you a headache and makes you tired, not to mention the great risk of heart attacks during prolonged use, just a bunch of nasty ass chemicals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,880 Posts
    Uh no. There's hundred of other cannabinoids, chemicals that make weed so great in conjunction with the THC, humans are not God and will never make anything close to the original, natural substance.

This is absolutely retarded, people buying these nasty ass "spices" that try to mimic the effect of marijuana, when in reality all it does is give you a headache and makes you tired, not to mention the great risk of heart attacks during prolonged use, just a bunch of nasty ass chemicals.
    Yeah it's idiotic to use freaking research chemicals and especially now when they are just as illegal as the drug it's trying to mimic. The newer generation of these chemicals differs a lot from the first generation, which supposedly was quite similar to cannabis.

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,415 Posts
    Well, you could end up puking if you smoke too much of anything. I mean, it's smoke and chemicals, what else would one expect; levitation?
    well, duh

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,541 Posts
    just wanted to add some background info to Cannabis use, since im seeing a lot of inaccurate or dated studies being thrown around. I recently created a Drug/Brain communication thread on the subject so im just going to post the cannabis section.

Cannabis: What Makes You High and How

I know marijuana is the most popular recreational drug, but despite there being a lot of new research and knowledge that can easily be found on the web I still see people trying to explain what's in it and how the chemicals work, when in reality they have no fucking idea what they are talking about. The point of this section is to compile some of the more basic information from wikipedia. "Thats fucking dumb why would you just copy pasta shit from wikipedia, i can just go on there and read it myself, NNNNNNRRRRRRUUUUGHGHH" I'm not going to just copy info from them, but rather put it in easier terms for people to understand, because lets be honest once wikipedia gets into medicine and other scientific subjects it doesnt even try explaining the concepts and you are stuck in a never ending loop of wiki pages trying to figure out what one word means and you forget what you were trying to figure out in the first place. Along with clarifying facts people usually get wrong, I want to explain the true benefits and harms of use on the brain and the two paramount chemicals responsible for them.

Cannabinoid Receptors in the Brain

I want to start here because I am sick and tired of people saying, "hurrr our brains were made to smoke weed because we have cannabis receptors in our brains". No, these cannabinoid receptors have been there for hundreds of thousands or millions of years. In fact, "Cannabidiol has no affinity for CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of cannabinoid agonists" (wikipedia). Anyway, cannabinoid receptors serve an important function in the brain as being responsible for appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory. Cannabinoid receptors are also considered neuromodulators, which means they can communicate with other cells in the brain by releasing an excess or neurotransmitters that travel beyond the synaptic gap and activate other parts of the brain. This is why cannabinoid receptors have such a wide range of function. So after a lot of digging, I was able to find out how these receptors link to the rest of the brain and where it alters normal function. Just to make it easier to understand, I'm going to separate the two major chemicals from cannabis and explain their pharmacology.

THC aka Tetrahydrocannabinol

THC is best known for its psychoactive properties as well as pain suppression and increased taste sensation. For pain it alters neurotransmitter communication in the dorsal root ganglion and the Periaqueductal gray. The dorsal root ganglion is a collection of neurons that act as a information highway for sensory articles like vibration, fine touch, and proprioception (knowing where your body parts are in space), so by suppressing this area you stop the info from being perceived. As for the periaqueductal gray or PG or short, it is very complicated in the sense there is a lot of "it activates this, then this activates those, and those inhibits that" so in short when stimulated it will eventually release opioid neurotransmitters that inhibit Substance P, which is what creates the sensation of pain. After further researching the structure, I found out it is also responsible for defensive behavior like mammalian freezing, running, jumping, tachycardia, and increases in blood pressure and muscle tonus. So judging by that, it may be the reason your blood pressure and heart rate spikes when smoking sativas. However, i doubt THC would cause couch lock since most people report couch lock after smoking a strong indica, which is a lot lower in THC but has a higher ratio of CBD. As for taste, it effects CB1 receptors in the hypothalamus, responsible for hunger. It not only reduces the feeling of fullness (you eat until you are sick, it slows the signals from the stomach saying its full) but it also increases the palatability of food. Palatability is the reward feeling of food, and is based in the nucleus accumbens (structure that releases dopamine whenever you do/consume something you like sex, water, food, smoke). When you havent eaten for a while, the food you eat feels more rewarding than if you have already eaten and are full. So by affecting the CB1 receptors in the area eating food feels really good and you dont want to stop.

CBD aka Cannabidiol

CBD is just as important as THC in terms of the high and health. I am sick of people not knowing that there are other cannabinoids, especially this one since in comparison to THC its the part of weed that is 'good' for you, in a sense. CBD in the medical field can help anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, dystonia, certain cancers, depression, and combat the adverse effects of THC. Yes, THC is bad for you, especially if you only smoke very strong sativas and hash. They have a high ratio of THC to CBD so there isnt enough CBD to counteract side effects like memory loss, susceptibility to schizophrenia, and heart abnormalities; I will elaborate on this later. Here is a quick pic of how much CBD does compared to the other cannabinoids http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nnabinoids.png . Anyway CBD when it comes to the high, CBD has an antagonist property where THC has a partial agonist one, so it helps keep the anxiety, that THC causes, down. Since CBD activates the same receptors as THC, you still get munchies, feelings of euphoria etc, you only have less of a mind high because you cancel out the agonistic effect from THC.

The Research of Cannabis: Debunking the Bullshit

This is the final section and one that I really want people to know, because it is important to know what research is legitimate and what is biased bullshit. Now, remember that scientists get payed to make findings, and despite the null hypothesis practice used in statistics and research, scientists still go into experiments biased trying to find a breakthrough. So expect both sides (pro and anti marijuana) to release incomplete, rigged, or exaggerated results.

THC can act as a "constellation factor" leading to schizophrenia. Im just going to quote the cross examination since it was done by a research professional, "Results On an individual level, cannabis use confers an overall twofold increase in the relative risk for later schizophrenia. At the population level, elimination of cannabis use would reduce the incidence of schizophrenia by approximately 8%, assuming a causal relationship. Cannabis use appears to be neither a sufficient nor a necessary cause for psychosis. It is a component cause, part of a complex constellation of factors leading to psychosis. Conclusions Cases of psychotic disorder could be prevented by discouraging cannabis use among vulnerable youths. Research is needed to understand the mechanisms by which cannabis causes psychosis." So there is a slim chance that cannabis will add to your psychosis IF you have other factors that can cause you to develop schizophrenia.

As for other research you come across, try to read the procedures section carefully. This is VERY important, I cant stress it enough. Im just going to jump to it, cannabis research doesnt always use weed to test. Some will use pure injections of THC only, or only use very strong sativas or hash with loads of THC and no CBD. This increases the possibility of mental illness, memory loss, and heart problems as mentioned before. This is probably done to get around the issue of growing for the lab, but this means its not really weed being tested, just pure THC. And as we all know, THC in huge quantities without its counterpart CBD is very bad for you. I've seen a lot of studies where they do this and its very frustrating since they get these harmful results and label it as being from all kinds of weed. It would be like saying that drinking a whole bottle of everclear has the same effects as drinking a beer. As for studies about the lungs, expect them to use very inefficient or carcinogenic ways of smoking like joints without filters or loads of papers with lots of tobacco. We already know breathing in smoke from anything burned is bad for you, which is why edibles and vaporizers are the healthiest way of consuming.
    along with a source from not too long ago. Has a few studies arguing a statement by the White House.
    NORML's response to the White House's reply to the petition
    http://blog.norml.org/2011/10/29/whi...tion-petition/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    I have an extremely low physical tolerance for things like pharmaceuticals and such, if someone smoked weed and I can smell it on their clothing even I get really horrible headaches.
    That sucks but boo-fucking-hoo honestly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Official Bro of DD

June 2010
    13,642 Posts
    Thats crazy man, are you sure its not more of a mental thing? (Im saying this in a nice way because I am legitamately curious)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,033 Posts
    Thats crazy man, are you sure its not more of a mental thing? (Im saying this in a nice way because I am legitamately curious)
    I don't think so, because I have been around people who were high, so I know that it's not supposed to affect anybody like that, so I do not think that it's placebo.

18. Post #178
    Official Bro of DD

June 2010
    13,642 Posts
    Thats so interesting, I really want to know what causes that!

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,033 Posts
    Thats so interesting, I really want to know what causes that!
    Low tolerance to chemicals, probably some deficiency of the liver or whatever it is that's supposed to filter toxins out of the blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,415 Posts
    or you're just a pussy lightweight

but that's okay too

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,033 Posts

but that's okay too
    Well from a medical standpoint, what would cause me to be a lightweight exactly?

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,415 Posts
    Well from a medical standpoint, what would cause me to be a lightweight exactly?
    probably what you said, very low tolerance to chemicals, diminished liver function is a possibility but not likely if you're in good health

23. Post #183
    December 2009
    3,721 Posts
    Marijuana does not cause health problems. You make no sense.
    This is the mindset of 99% of the LEGALIZE Marijuana group.

"It is completely harmless!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #184
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    This is the mindset of 99% of the LEGALIZE Marijuana group.

"It is completely harmless!"
    Yea, it is completely harmless if you vaporize or eat it, not if you smoke it, but that's obvious and common sense. Are you trying to prove something with your clever sarcasm, or are you just asinine?

Edited:
    You're just asinine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,541 Posts
    http://nj1015.com/njs-pot-decriminal...-says-sponsor/

Assemblyman Reed Gusciora says he’ll seek amendments to his marijuana decriminalization bill to require a portion of the fines go to state drug education programs and allow judges to order an “addiction evaluation” for an offender who is arrested a third time. The main purpose of the bill – to lessen the penalties for minor possession of marijuana – will remain intact.

Under the bill, a person who is caught possessing 15 grams or less of marijuana would be subject to a $150 fine for a first violation, a $200 fine for a second violation, and a $500 fine for a third or subsequent violation. Gusciora, along with Assemblyman Declan O’Scanlon, will introduce an amendment that requires $50 of the violation fines to be allocated to the “Drug Education Program Fund” through the Department of Human Services, Division of Addiction Services; a move that was suggested by Assemblywoman Connie Wagner during Monday’s committee hearing.

“After hours of testimony heard on this legislation, I felt a few minor adjustments were necessary to perfect the legislation,” says Gusciora. “While the majority of committee testimony was favorable to the bill, some felt there should be a drug education component as well as giving judges the flexibility to order drug evaluations for repeat offenders.”

The bill will also be amended to permit judges to order a drug addiction evaluation for third time offenders.

“In our fiscal climate, many municipalities have had to cut important drug and alcohol education programs,” explains Gusciora. “This seeks to help keep these programs alive and intact to provide needed treatment and education in our communities………..I am confident that with these amendments we will have a model decriminalization bill that realistically addresses persons charged with possession of marijuana. Unfortunately under current penalties, the punishment does not fit the crime.”
    looking good

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,481 Posts
    I'd say driving while high should be illegal. I mean I definitely know a lot of people who's driving isn't affected at all while high but I'm not one of them. My driving is impaired significantly and I know I can't be the only one. I wouldn't want to put other peoples lives in danger but I guess the people who can still drive well while high can take the risk if they want.

Edited:

but that's okay too
    also being a lightweight is dope as fuck, you save money by smoking less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)