1. Post #81
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    -oh god oh god im retarded-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,596 Posts
    It's on Cryengine 3, and Crysis 2 seemed to run REALLY good on my old PC, so I wouldn't get that worried.
    What? No it's not, why the hell would ever think that?

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,658 Posts
    It's on Cryengine 3, and Crysis 2 seemed to run REALLY good on my old PC, so I wouldn't get that worried.
    Why the hell would BIS use cryengine?

4. Post #84
    July 2010
    3,645 Posts
    I really hope the diving part won't be gimmicky. Make it realistic. Like you actually need a tutorial to dive so that you don't kill yourself in the first 15 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    Like you actually need a tutorial to dive so that you don't kill yourself in the first 15 minutes.
    considering the helicopter, aircraft, wheeled, and tracked mechanics and how easy they are to grasp, i doubt the diving will be that difficult or in-depth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,335 Posts
    I hope they add running vault.Having to stop just to vault a small wall was annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,638 Posts
    The night stuff looks amazing. I always felt the lighting was too wonky at night in ARMA 2, with all the circles and particles really messing up and standing out way too much.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,436 Posts
    I like how the caption title is "Jay's Sore Throat"

9. Post #89
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    holy boners

i really wish i wasnt on a laptop from 2004

10. Post #90
    July 2010
    3,645 Posts
    considering the helicopter, aircraft, wheeled, and tracked mechanics and how easy they are to grasp, i doubt the diving will be that difficult or in-depth
    Well, so far there aren't really any realistic diving games. Just gonna hope.

11. Post #91
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,160 Posts
    Now add some Sharks to attack anyone in their reach, It would blow your cover and can be used as the perfect tool.
    Kill someone and watch the sharks take the bait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,183 Posts
    Now add some Sharks to attack anyone in their reach, It would blow your cover and can be used as the perfect tool.
    Kill someone and watch the sharks take the bait.
    Add ability to add cinder block weights to Hostage feet, and throw them in shark water. ARMA MAFIA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,247 Posts
    I'm also hoping of better sound delay, for example in arma 2 the only thing that was delayed is the sound of explosions

14. Post #94

March 2012
    213 Posts
    At least I know ARMA III is the second game my PC wont handle, second to GTA V.

15. Post #95
    July 2010
    3,645 Posts
    I really hope the diving part won't be gimmicky. Make it realistic. Like you actually need a tutorial to dive so that you don't kill yourself in the first 15 minutes.
    Why the dumbs? Am i really the only one who wants realistic diving in a war simulation game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,557 Posts
    Can't wait to be playing DayZ on Day 1 with this new lighting system.

(Rocket and the team are designing it so it can basically be instantly ported over to ArmA3, all that would need to be changed was spawn locations)

17. Post #97
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,263 Posts
    I am so glad I upgraded my computer last month instead of wasting my money on stupid shit.
    Having a 20km draw distance is going to be fucking awesome.
    It's hard enough to see anything past 5 km, but 20 km? Jesus christ, that's far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,349 Posts
    I love how he said "ELITE TIER 1 OPERATOR"

19. Post #99
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    Now I feel really stupid. I think I got it mixed up with something else, sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    July 2010
    3,645 Posts
    Now I feel really stupid. I think I got it mixed up with something else, sorry.
    I guess you got it mixed up with that other game that was developed for the US Army.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,542 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed just how much *better* the gunshot sounds on that LAV were?

I'm still curious if they'll implement proper night adaptation though.

Arma2's nights are awful because they are almost pitch black even under a full moon condition. When in reality, you can see pretty damn clearly in a full moon light, it'll just be hard/impossible to make out details and you can't focus easily on distant objects. They forget that your eyes dialate when you are in darkness for about 5-7 minutes to where you can easily see in minimal-light conditions - at least easily enough to make out basic shapes/forms. You really only see pure pitch-black conditions, when it's dead night with full cloud cover and a new moon. Even then, nearby light pollution can easily light up the ground enough to see where you are at least roughly going. The only time it should naturally look pitch black is when you come out from a bright area into darkness - i.e. after using NVG, eyes adjusting to vehicle headlights, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    The muzzleflashes were rather weak - they didn't even give off light when they were fired.
    Other than that, the lighting looks gorgeous.

23. Post #103
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    What are you talking about, full moon nights in ARMA 2 are pretty bright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,382 Posts
    I've never played the ArmA series, can I be naive and ask if it's any good? Or does it only fit the tastes of certain people? Because I've seen people messing about on it but also some serious videos, so I'm a bit confused.

25. Post #105
    December 2010
    3,787 Posts
    I've never played the ArmA series, can I be naive and ask if it's any good? Or does it only fit the tastes of certain people? Because I've seen people messing about on it but also some serious videos, so I'm a bit confused.
    If you are relatively unskilled with computers in general, do not have a machine capable of running modern games, or easily become frustrated with games that require a lot of patience and strategy; you wouldn't enjoy the series. It doesn't really accommodate for 'casual' gamers, the word 'casual' referring to people who only enjoy arcade based games.

Edited:

And the learning curve is steep, especially for the mission editor where it could take you months to learn how to do something simple. Although if you are competent enough with computers and such and have the patience to play, it can be really rewarding and unforgettable.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed just how much *better* the gunshot sounds on that LAV were?

I'm still curious if they'll implement proper night adaptation though.

Arma2's nights are awful because they are almost pitch black even under a full moon condition. When in reality, you can see pretty damn clearly in a full moon light, it'll just be hard/impossible to make out details and you can't focus easily on distant objects. They forget that your eyes dialate when you are in darkness for about 5-7 minutes to where you can easily see in minimal-light conditions - at least easily enough to make out basic shapes/forms. You really only see pure pitch-black conditions, when it's dead night with full cloud cover and a new moon. Even then, nearby light pollution can easily light up the ground enough to see where you are at least roughly going. The only time it should naturally look pitch black is when you come out from a bright area into darkness - i.e. after using NVG, eyes adjusting to vehicle headlights, etc.
    the only time i ever see it really really 100% pitch-black (after eyes have adjusted to the light) is when you're in forests or the weather is bad. i find moonlit nights to have pretty decent visibility

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,335 Posts
    I love how he said "ELITE TIER 1 OPERATOR"
    I love how they call them a poledancer in the captions

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,382 Posts
    If you are relatively unskilled with computers in general, do not have a machine capable of running modern games, or easily become frustrated with games that require a lot of patience and strategy; you wouldn't enjoy the series. It doesn't really accommodate for 'casual' gamers, the word 'casual' referring to people who only enjoy arcade based games.

Edited:

And the learning curve is steep, especially for the mission editor where it could take you months to learn how to do something simple. Although if you are competent enough with computers and such and have the patience to play, it can be really rewarding and unforgettable.
    My PC is no way a problem, though from a lot of the videos I've seen, there are a lot of mods groups of players enjoy that make the game seem more laid back fun then serious fun.

Also, I play Resistance and Liberation, the best mod for strategy.    /sarcasm   

29. Post #109
    July 2011
    5,973 Posts
    During the video I kept raising my eyebrows and winking at my graphics card and it started sweating and made up some excuse like 'I have a headache' or 'I've got to get up early tomorrow' and it just shut down.

One day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,615 Posts
    All shooters play the same, there are hardly any arena shooters, tactic shooters are almost dead. And almost all games released are modern military shooters.
    you've never played arma before have you?

Edited:

Because it's an extremely rare and extremely uncommon tactical situation.

IE: it never happens.

Usually the only reason you have a soldier in the water like that is for a more or less passive objective. So they'd dismount from a boat and sneak onto a beach, disarm a mine or explosive or plant something on a ship etc.

Having gun fights underwater is actually something I've never heard of and the logistics of actually firing a weapon accurately like that and having it kill someone is kind of well, I have no idea how that'd work.
    its one of those things that are planed but never executed, perfect example is how in the cold war both the USA and USSR had specially armed units meant for defending and attacking sub pens and harbours, the weapons they used we're almost useless above water or they could only fire 100 or so rounds before being useless, but underwater with their specially shaped rounds and chambers designed to take into account how water does not compress they worked fairly well

eg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_amphibious_rifle

31. Post #111
    July 2010
    3,645 Posts
    you've never played arma before have you?
    I worded that wrong, i don't know how everyone missunderstood me like that.
    I never meant to say anything bad about ArmA. i got over 150 hours in ArmA 2.