1. Post #3401
    April 2012
    122 Posts

All work and no Nuka-Cola make Ex-President a dull boy
    Strange......the guy all the way to the right looks like my personal skin.....hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3402
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,991 Posts
    Yea I missed it because I don't usually pay attention(or respect for that matter someone who isn't a moderator) telling me arbitrary pet peeves of a bunch of elitists.

Like seriously is anyone going to listen to you if you approach it like you do?
    It's kinda hard to identify with you if you are talking down.

Another thing is:
    If it bothers you so much? Why don't you ignore it?
    It's not like I scooped out your corneas to force in large image in to it.

(sorry about the late reply I had a 10 hour shift)
    I usually do ignore it, but decided to butt in since LT_C did his post. How exactly am I talking down though? Most of my pictures are 1440x900, and some much less. I also thumb any bigger images, like comics and whatnot when I happen to make one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #3403
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,781 Posts
    Strange......the guy all the way to the right looks like my personal skin.....hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Nah I skinned yours better,No offense Smugleaf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #3404
    February 2008
    1,085 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #3405
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,470 Posts
    My current resolution is 1600x900, now.

6. Post #3406
    April 2012
    122 Posts
    Nah I skinned yours better,No offense Smugleaf.
    Oh ok BTW I finally found someone to make it a playermodel and it works :D

7. Post #3407
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,261 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #3408
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    Why the FUCK am I in your lap?

9. Post #3409
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,196 Posts
    SN doesn't fit here, he doesn't have insane eyes.

10. Post #3410
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,261 Posts
    Because you're pretty damn moist.

11. Post #3411
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,275 Posts
    I wish I got to be in MLC's lap :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3412
    February 2008
    1,085 Posts
    I'm confused

13. Post #3413
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,327 Posts
    I usually do ignore it, but decided to butt in since LT_C did his post. How exactly am I talking down though? Most of my pictures are 1440x900, and some much less. I also thumb any bigger images, like comics and whatnot when I happen to make one.
    Not you. I meant Lt_C.
    He was talking like he owns the place.

Also when you scale down images you diminish the quality.
    It seems stupid to change something that doesn't hurt anyone, just because someone has stupid OCD about scroll bars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3414
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,991 Posts
    Not you. I meant Lt_C.

It seems stupid to change something that doesn't hurt anyone, just because someone has stupid OCD about scroll bars.
    It's not really OCD, it's just general sense. LT_C wasn't talking like he owns the place, he was instructing you on how to improve the quality of your posts. If you don't like scaling down, you can always thumb the images. That doesn't "diminish" the quality, nor does it cause unnecessary page stretching.

It also helps people who browse this thread on mobiles and such, and people who do not have massive daddy-bought-me-a-new-90"-inch-screen.

15. Post #3415
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,327 Posts
    There is no page streching anymore due to the scroll bars... That argument is invalid.
    And when you thumb people often skim over your content.

16. Post #3416
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,261 Posts
    I wish I got to be in MLC's lap :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #3417
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,991 Posts
    There is no page streching anymore due to the scroll bars... That argument is invalid.
    And when you thumb people often skim over your content.
    If they skim over your content if it's thumbed then the content either doesn't look interesting enough thumbed (and probably wouldn't be interesting even if it wasn't thumbed) or aren't interested in your content alltogether, so no loss caused. Also, page stretching is still present in vertical sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3418
    January 2012
    79 Posts
    Since it's still going, I'll throw in my views.

I think why Lt_C and other's ignore most of the large images is because they are comics, and so, people don't tend to mind opening them in new tabs to read them as they offer possible entertainment value... Note I said may and not always... Whilst when people like Katazuro post, it's mainly screenshots of poses, NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS, THIS IS AFTERALL, WHAT THE TOPIC IF FOR, and so people don't want to have to scroll to see the whole thing...

That's just how I think people think, but then again, I'm am emotionally cold, and may just be thinking about this from a somewhat logic driven viewpoints based on factors and conditions...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #3419
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,327 Posts
    If they skim over your content if it's thumbed then the content either doesn't look interesting enough thumbed (and probably wouldn't be interesting even if it wasn't thumbed) or aren't interested in your content alltogether, so no loss caused. Also, page stretching is still present in vertical sense.
    Oh my god.
    wow.
    Really?
    okay.
    then people should stop posting images to prevent stretching.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3420
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,991 Posts
    Oh my god.
    wow.
    Really?
    okay.
    then people should stop posting images to prevent stretching.
    It's towards comic reposts, and comics overall (which should be thumbed in the first case) if you didn't figure that out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #3421
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,995 Posts
    Yea I missed it because I don't usually pay attention(or respect for that matter someone who isn't a moderator) telling me arbitrary pet peeves of a bunch of elitists.

Like seriously is anyone going to listen to you if you approach it like you do?
    It's kinda hard to identify with you if you are talking down.

Another thing is:
    If it bothers you so much? Why don't you ignore it?
    It's not like I scooped out your corneas to force in large image in to it.

(sorry about the late reply I had a 10 hour shift)
    Not you. I meant Lt_C.

I'm not claiming to own anything. I'm just voicing an issue that may people have, myself included; just because I'm the only one saying it doesn't mean I'm the only one that thinks about it. I can't see how speaking out on the side of consideration to other users is elitist. It's presumptuous to assume that people are going to stop at your image and copy it into a new window just to get the "whole effect."

It takes a few seconds in literally any program that edits images, and it looks better and make you look like you care about your work and the other users that look at it. 1080 makes it look like you took all the effort of slapping something from your screenshot folder to your dropbox.

And diminished quality between 1920 and 1400? Are you serious? What could you possibly convey in a personal skin garrysmod pose that requires full size images? If anything, the cut off space is dead weight most people just ignore.

Edit: It's similar to typing in all caps. Yeah, you can read it, but seriously?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #3422
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    What the fucking Christ, guys. Stop arguing over the size of a collection of fucking pixels.

It's pointless and utterly retarded, and you only make yourselves look like a bunch of asses.

23. Post #3423
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,652 Posts
    the good thing with adhd is i can just ignore arguments that are longer than one sentence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 6Optimistic x 1Late x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #3424
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,470 Posts
    Sometimes when I pose, I have to zoom in reaaal close just so I can get a good view on the eyes of my character so it doesn't look like shit, resizing would ruin the integrity. What's the deal with one thousand and eighty pixels stretching the page, huh? It's not like any other thread is different.

25. Post #3425
    January 2010
    114 Posts
    I honestly skip half the posts made because I know they're just two people arguing over stuff. Other than that. I guess I need a skin now. (One better than that old... sad.. thing that you have Dark k. I mean. Jesus that thing should be taken out back and shot.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3426
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,652 Posts
    i had trouble with that the other day, i don't know the command to make models look better from a distance if thats what you meant, also the camera is bugged in MP

if big pictures are a huge problem then just press ctrl - to make shit smaller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #3427
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts
    I honestly skip half the posts made because I know they're just two people arguing over stuff. Other than that. I guess I need a skin now. (One better than that old... sad.. thing that you have Dark k. I mean. Jesus that thing should be taken out back and shot.)
    You ungrateful whelp.

28. Post #3428
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,991 Posts
    i had trouble with that the other day, i don't know the command to make models look better from a distance if thats what you meant, also the camera is bugged in MP

if big pictures are a huge problem then just press ctrl - to make shit smaller
    it was mipmap something, that's as much as I remember, if you type "find mipmap" in the console you should be able to find the command that disables them. Well, that's related to the textures, on models you can disable LODs in the Q menu somewhere in the options/whatever tabs on the right side.

29. Post #3429
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,635 Posts
    r_lod 0
    mat_mipmaptextures 0
    mat_picmip -1

etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #3430
    January 2010
    114 Posts
    You ungrateful whelp.
    Bite me. Besides. It's like. 3 years old now right? Or at least 2. It needs to be changed anyway. Wasn't much of a personal skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #3431
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,070 Posts

Oh god please stop it me.

32. Post #3432
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,817 Posts
    Wait, nvm. Late to the party.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #3433
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,652 Posts
    r_lod 0
    mat_mipmaptextures 0
    mat_picmip -1

etc
    cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #3434
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,962 Posts

Oh god please stop it me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #3435
    February 2008
    1,085 Posts

:3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #3436
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,275 Posts
    [h2]ALL SHALL BOW DOWN TO ME AND MY MIGHTY BOX TANK.[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #3437
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,296 Posts
    OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN CARDBOARD BOXES!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3438
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,275 Posts
    OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN CARDBOARD BOXES!
    bu ef tee I thought we are friend :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #3439
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,327 Posts
    I'm not claiming to own anything. I'm just voicing an issue that may people have, myself included; just because I'm the only one saying it doesn't mean I'm the only one that thinks about it. I can't see how speaking out on the side of consideration to other users is elitist. It's presumptuous to assume that people are going to stop at your image and copy it into a new window just to get the "whole effect."

It takes a few seconds in literally any program that edits images, and it looks better and make you look like you care about your work and the other users that look at it. 1080 makes it look like you took all the effort of slapping something from your screenshot folder to your dropbox.

And diminished quality between 1920 and 1400? Are you serious? What could you possibly convey in a personal skin garrysmod pose that requires full size images? If anything, the cut off space is dead weight most people just ignore.

Edit: It's similar to typing in all caps. Yeah, you can read it, but seriously?
    You're the only one complaining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3440
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,296 Posts
    bu ef tee I thought we are friend :(
    I...

I WILL TAKE AWAY... YOUR CARDBOARD BOXES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)