1. Post #1
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─▀ ▀ ▀ ▌ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ░░ ♥ ░░ ░ ░ ▐ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ FULL OF DICKS ░░░ ░ ♥
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    There's been problem with spam bots recently on my site and I wanted to know if there's a way to prevent this.
    Site here: http://thednetwork.x10.mx/

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    367 Posts
    IP Block China and Russia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,874 Posts
    Use 'Spambot Countermeasures' inside the admin control panel, from experience I'd say the best to set it to is Q&A as I used to get a bit of spam and after switching to Q&A it's stopped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2011
    223 Posts
    I'd find a different captcha plugin. Most of the ones that come with phpbb have been broken.

5. Post #5
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─▀ ▀ ▀ ▌ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ░░ ♥ ░░ ░ ░ ▐ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ FULL OF DICKS ░░░ ░ ♥
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    Just made it Q&A with the question "Whats 2+2?" as I can't be arsed to do more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    >:C
    January 2011
    335 Posts
    Get the Recaptcha plugin if you can find it. Phpbb isn't the best system for board hosting. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    123 Posts
    Computers are better at solving math than humans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    333 Posts
    Computers are better at solving math than humans.
    Most bots swamp dozens, of not hundreds of boards with spam: they're not custom tailored to expect that question on the sign up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    607 Posts
    Most bots swamp dozens, of not hundreds of boards with spam: they're not custom tailored to expect that question on the sign up.
    I would imagine that they check for stuff like this, though.

Could ask for the cube root of 27, although, like the above, I'm sure there's a few bots out there that are able to detect and solve that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    765 Posts
    http://stopforumspam.com/contributions

Facepunch even has this installed. It's perfect.

11. Post #11
    June 2009
    2,126 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    123 Posts
    Bots ARE custom tailored to expect math questions, and many other things.
    Many bots even solve captchas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,874 Posts
    I've just got mine set to 'type this word backwards:' and just used various random words.

14. Post #14
    I like to faps while I make maps
    December 2009
    1,450 Posts
    Don't use phpBB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)