1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,946 Posts
    So a bunch of friends of mine like to chat over skype, but when I try playing a game it will cut out randomly. Is there a way to fix it? By the way I'm on windows 7

Edited:

I just tried installing some audio codecs that didn't work. I did discover that playing a game in windowed mode makes it work but I don't really want tot do that.

2. Post #2
    May 2011
    879 Posts
    What do you mean it cuts out? Like does it seem like you lost connection to Skype, or what are you doing on the game? Just starting it up? Because I might have the same problem as you. Whenever I try to join a server on TF2, on the joining screen, Skype cuts out and it seems like I lost connection.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,946 Posts
    I can hear other people but they can't hear me, I'm just normally playing the game and it starts after playing for a few minutes.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,569 Posts
    The game may be reassigning your microphone to use it in game, Check your sound settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,946 Posts
    Actually could it be an issue with my internet? I'm starting to think it is, I'm getting weird skype connection issues now.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,561 Posts
    You better find a way to get your friends in to Teamspeak. Happened by me once too.
    or find out if the game wants your mic input.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,032 Posts
    Turn off exclusive mode on the microphone in the sound settings (advanced tab)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)