1. Post #41
    July 2009
    1,001 Posts
    I my opinion, it would be a lot easier just to influence people's decisions about the drugs.

2. Post #42

June 2009
    1,685 Posts
    A death sentence should only ever be used in SERIOUS murders. Period.

3. Post #43
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    of course its too harsh its just plants. thank god for holland where you can smoke pot withouth a trouble on your head.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    the death penalty is so fucking stupid.

prison is one of the WORST places to be on earth. i'd rather someone do life than get the easy way out and just sit on death row for 8 years while shit gets litigated. plus they give them a last meal.

the death penalty is a lot less worse than it sounds, infinitely.

Edited:

id rather just someone's mind to rot, not their entire body cause they don't experience being dead.

fuck, i'd take the death penalty over life any day. personally

5. Post #45
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    of course its too harsh its just plants. thank god for holland where you can smoke pot withouth a trouble on your head.
    Except this is about drug trafficking, not smoking weed, there's a bit of a difference.

6. Post #46
    November 2011
    91 Posts
    Killing the people that supply my pot?
    Eh. I'll pass.
    Besides, it's the serial killers and shit we need to be dealing with for life sentence. Someone trafficking drugs are always going to be there even if we do start killin' em.

7. Post #47
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    Too harsh is the right answer.

8. Post #48
    August 2010
    1,331 Posts
    The problem with drugs isn't the user coming to harm, it's the user harming other people. The lesser drugs like marijuana aren't too bad but others (especially meth) can be harmful to society. That's why they're illegal.

As for the penalty, I think I've lost all morality when speaking of the death penalty, so my view of that topic has become clouded. I'll stay out of it.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,536 Posts
    Your very family orenteted
    Not sure if that's condescending or not.

Edited:

the death penalty is so fucking stupid.

prison is one of the WORST places to be on earth. i'd rather someone do life than get the easy way out and just sit on death row for 8 years while shit gets litigated. plus they give them a last meal.

the death penalty is a lot less worse than it sounds, infinitely.

Edited:

id rather just someone's mind to rot, not their entire body cause they don't experience being dead.

fuck, i'd take the death penalty over life any day. personally
    In a way, the death penalty liberates them.

Might sound cryptic but think about it. Death isn't a punishment because we all will face it.

10. Post #50
    June 2012
    7 Posts
    Overtly punitive attitudes such as death penalties and mandatory sentencing have been found by empirical studies to have a negligible effect (if one at all) on reducing crime rates. This is especially true when it comes to illicit substance related crimes. What may seem logical is not always factual and the logic of a carrot and a stick assumes a whole lot of circumstances around the act that may not be true. Such as that the offender is thinking logically or has control. Death is a punishment, a brutal and absolute one at that.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,571 Posts
    The problem with drugs isn't the user coming to harm, it's the user harming other people. The lesser drugs like marijuana aren't too bad but others (especially meth) can be harmful to society. That's why they're illegal.

As for the penalty, I think I've lost all morality when speaking of the death penalty, so my view of that topic has become clouded. I'll stay out of it.
    How the fuck is a meth user harmful to society? Especially when meth can be used by high functioning individuals who need to work 20 hour shifts or the like. A meth (or any drug user really) user is no more harmful to society than someone who drinks yet funnily we don't suggest executing brewery owners or illegalizing that do we. Anyway I won't come back here as anyone who doesn't agree with me won't listen

12. Post #52
    May 2012
    50 Posts
    while i think that death sounds a bit too harsh we should really consider how much the drugs are screwing up other peoples life. I think that it should be 40 years prison for 400g+ and death sentence if any of the people who ever got drugs from that person died from that or any other illegal drug/substance.

13. Post #53
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    how about no because that's irresponsible to society and to people

sometimes you DO have to protect people from themselves
    We've seen what a good job restricting them does... For the most part its not drugs, but the shit that gets mixed with them. Legalizing them and allowing companies to set up manufacturing plants that aren't going to mix lethal shit into it is infinitely more safe then letting the people go out to the nearest drug dealer. Besides, we allow Alcohol for some reason, which is a SHITLOAD more dangerous considering it accounts for a little over 4% of deaths worldwide annually.

14. Post #54

March 2012
    213 Posts
    I say too harsh, mate. Drugs are just... objects that toy with the human brain. Maybe there's some religious or cultural view on drugs backed by that law, unfortunately. You see, when one person does drugs, the other person is not physically affected but rather mentally because the person on drugs may irritate the sober person. Okay, that's that. I forgot to list medical reason. Do medics see illegal drug trafficking as theft? Drugs are needed to fix health errors. Man, there are so many reasons why this offence can get you dead.

Now should the forbidden drug trafficking get you dead? Like I said in the first paragraph, transporting drugs is the same as transporting everything else. I don't understand why the politicians see that as transporting guns. Drugs kill the user, not the witness; the prey is the one who takes the drugs. If the problem is money, then this says Singaporians are materialistic culture. In their world it's all OK, in our world it's immoral.