1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    12,952 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny x 503Winner x 153Agree x 27Dumb x 10Artistic x 5Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1Useful x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,526 Posts
    This just might be the most glorious thing I have ever watched

So true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 167Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2010
    3,730 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks Battlefield 3 is no fun at all?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 107Agree Agree x 58Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    He forgot activision and how they overprice everything they release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

5. Post #5
    usa
    anarchisticstudios
    December 2011
    2,230 Posts
    My sides.

he has you now!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,387 Posts
    Surprisingly accurate depiction of EA marketing tactics.

I especially liked the sleek execution of the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 126 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,933 Posts
    The effects and animations were neat but that's about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 76Dumb Dumb x 24Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    Probably because EA bullied DICE into scamming Battlefield fans by forcing out a "COD Killer" FPS that relied too much on unlocks and annoying bullshit like external multiplayer access, badly made netcode, broken promises, zero modability (along with a bullshit argument for such) and crippling release bugs.

Also, the majority of the playerbase are children whose concept of balance is "If my gun can't kill someone faster than their gun, their gun is OP."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 79Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    I thought so too, but maybe it's because I sucked at it. And it was grindy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts
    Someone had a lot of hate for EA and put it all into the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 64 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    Only incorrect thing is that I don't remember Origin steamloading (honestly no pun intended) Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 68 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2011
    6,003 Posts
    I don't think steam is as insignificant as this guys making it out to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 99 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member

May 2011
    582 Posts
    -snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    I find the origin part true even thought everyone knows steam is better they yet install and use origin.

Also the part where developers pay reviewers is true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    Steam isnt forceful marketing its the only way to play vavle games?
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts
    Steam isnt forceful marketing its the only way to play vavle games?
    So how do you get Steam on the 360
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    12,952 Posts
    I don't think steam is as insignificant as this guys making it out to be.
    i was assuming it's a metaphor of how much memory origin takes up compared to steam

then again i don't know how much memory either of them take up so whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    So how do you get Steam on the 360
    WHAT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 42 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts
    Last I checked you didn't need Steam to play the Orange Box on a console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 41Zing Zing x 13 (list)

20. Post #20
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,091 Posts
    I am now in love with the person who made this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,768 Posts
    The IGN guy made me laugh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

22. Post #22
    oh sorry, thought you meant something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    710 Posts
    fucking awesome vid, thanks justin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,570 Posts
    And they wonder why pirating is such a big issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,808 Posts
    This is one of the best movies made in GMod ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 34 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member

August 2007
    2,966 Posts
    Do you need origin to play BF3 on console?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Zing Zing x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,496 Posts
    Medals
    Medals everywhere
    As far as the eye can see
    And they're all for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2010
    3,730 Posts
    Probably because EA bullied DICE into scamming Battlefield fans by forcing out a "COD Killer" FPS that relied too much on unlocks and annoying bullshit like external multiplayer access, badly made netcode, broken promises, zero modability (along with a bullshit argument for such) and crippling release bugs.

Also, the majority of the playerbase are children whose concept of balance is "If my gun can't kill someone faster than their gun, their gun is OP."
    I find it hilarious that EA uses the excuse "our tools for frostbyte 2 are so complicated, no modtools"
    And most people actuall believe that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 44 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,496 Posts
    I find it hilarious that EA uses the excuse "our tools for frostbyte 2 are so complicated, no modtools"
    Press A to add bloom
    Press R to add lights
    Press S to increase lights to maximum
    Press E to add lens flare.

Way to complicated indeed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 68Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,750 Posts
    Actually the argument wasn't that they are too complex for modders to use. But in the state they are now (mostly server based, dealing with full bakes as opposed to small local based bakes only) would make them almost impossible to move in to a decent local based format which would allow their use on a modders machine.

The second argument was, that they used multiple third party SDK's which have to be licensed and couldn't be bundled with the mod tools.

I actually find this quite easy to believe. Considering what a lot of mod tools look like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,742 Posts
    Nice video, Although I kind of expected a pirate ship at one point.

But maybe that applies more to another company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,902 Posts
    So well made...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,969 Posts
    I thought it was a fun and well made game. I won't give it 10/10, but it kept me entertained. I think people are giving certain games too much hate simply because it was published by EA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree x 50Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    And they wonder why pirating is such a big issue.
    That's such a dumb arguement. Pirating it rather than paying money for it is just weak and deluded. You're still playing a stupid game, all that changes is that you are part of a statistic that companies use to justify intrusive DRM. If you object to what they're doing to the market which is entirely valid, show some moral integrity and boycott them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    Should have had a part about when EA tried being the good guy and published a bunch of new IPs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    3,730 Posts
    I thought it was a fun and well made game. I won't give it 10/10, but it kept me entertained. I think people are giving certain games too much hate simply because it was published by EA.
    Multiplayer was entertaining for a while, Singleplayer and CO-OP felt like your average corridor shooter.
    I stopped playing it after i realized that the only thing i cared for was Leveling up and my K/D ratio.
    Might just be me, but the game felt to simple and to fast for my taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    May 2011
    564 Posts
    Should have included the part when ship eventually hits the iceberg

rip TORtanic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 28Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,969 Posts
    Multiplayer was entertaining for a while, Singleplayer and CO-OP felt like your average corridor shooter.
    I stopped playing it after i realized that the only thing i cared for was Leveling up and my K/D ratio.
    Might just be me, but the game felt to simple and to fast for my taste.
    Yeah, I didn't play the singleplayer because as you said it didn't feel like Battlefield at all. I'm not playing the game anymore, but when I did it was either on the old BF2 maps or the larger ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,070 Posts
    It's bad because SSX has been the best EA game in a while and guess what gets barely any advertisement?

Yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    4,507 Posts
    I agree, although that level where you had to run up the hill to get into the building was bullshit.