1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    637 Posts
    Welcome to Wonderland
    [HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]
    Well hello all, today I finally got round to visiting one of Beijing's odd anomalies, that being Wonderland. Wonderland was going to be Asia's biggest theme park with construction starting in 1998. However disputes with local farmers put the project on hold and still today unfinished. Now I am soon heading back to the UK for university and it would have been a shame not to visit Wonderland. So without further ado here's what we saw.

[HR][/HR]
    First up the colourful tacky buildings can be seen from afar just pasting by along the highway. Yet it's fake charm makes it only the more eerie

Outside, the flowers are oddly kept watered and cut.

Heading inside and we find an empty shell to what could have been an arcade or some sort of amusement

Some views from the roof of the building

More of the inside

Local farmers making use of the buildings. This in particular being a chicken coop

After this we proceeded into the wall as seen in the first image. The wall is hollow with many rooms throughout. Here's the entrance

First found a ton of these boxes, what could it be?

Floor Distribution systems?

Opened one up and found this, no idea what it does

Heading through the wall, at each turret there were spiral staircases going up.

Not really...

Old Electric Mahjong table

Creepy Corridor

Heading back outside to other building

Somebody practicing their English with themselves

We didn't get this either...

Turns out someone sleeps here...

They don't own much

Now to the tower

Or not..

This translates to "This place has dead people"

Onward to the tower, the bare metal frame before it

The tower

Almost there

Hello

The way up to the ground floor

Time to climb up..

Inside now

Up the stairs

Oh shit...

Second floor

Up on the second highest tower

We then headed up the second tower, however there was no opening. So instead I left a mark.

Heading back down and home, on the way back saw the same chickens.

So I hope you enjoyed that. I know I did, except for the fiberglass embedded in my arm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac China Show Events Winner Winner x 49Friendly Friendly x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,592 Posts
    That's amazing, I wonder what happened there. Is there a story behind it all?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,055 Posts
    It's very pretty there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    637 Posts
    That's amazing, I wonder what happened there. Is there a story behind it all?
    Was in OP Wonderland was going to be Asia's biggest theme park with construction starting in 1998. However disputes with local farmers put the project on hold and still today unfinished.

It's very pretty there.
    This was pure luck. It rained the night before leaving the skies blue. Usually it's a grey sky covered with pollution.

What it usually looks like:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac China Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,748 Posts
    That whole thing is damn scary. "WONDERLAND IS DEAD" "FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT". Seems like some kind of creepypasta, and I actually got vertigo when you looked down the stairwell. Abandoned amusement parks are weird by default, but the whole fake charm and forced happiness (along with somebody LIVING there) just made this perfect. You took some good pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2011
    275 Posts
    Did your parents turn into pigs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Winner Winner x 17Funny Funny x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,454 Posts
    holy fuck. imagine if you slept there but noticed something moved around.

8. Post #8
    June 2012
    2 Posts
    that be scary as hell

9. Post #9
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,003 Posts
    Gotta admit, If you were homeless it would be a pretty neat place to house yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #10
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,739 Posts
    Gotta admit, If you were homeless it would be a pretty neat place to house yourself.
    You'd be the king of all hobos
    "You live in a fridge box? Bitch please, I live in a castle"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,003 Posts
    You'd be the king of all hobos
    "You live in a fridge box? Bitch please, I live in a castle"
    Just wake up, go onto the balcony, have an amazing view of everything near you.

And a cool thing would be that you could just watch the world go by.

brb becoming hobo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,856 Posts
    Amazing, would love to visit this...

13. Post #13
    December 2011
    185 Posts
    Oh wow, this is really cool. Nice photos!

14. Post #14
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    The grafitti was the creepiest part, imo.
    just wonder... who could have wrote it there?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,301 Posts
    The idea of exploring a place like this scares me when I think that some Chinese gang could be housed in there and you're just wondering about taking photos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2012
    19 Posts
    I drove right by there when i was in Beijing in April. I seriously wish i had stopped now..

17. Post #17
    February 2010
    555 Posts
    Did your parents turn into pigs?
    Before I saw your comment I could have sworn this was like something out of a Miyazaki Movie. Now I know where he got it from!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)