1. Post #41
    March 2012
    78 Posts
    I made a song about updates,a parody of Heartache by the number,thought it would be fitting:

Updates by the number
    Troubles by the Mann co. Store
    Everyday I play you
    Each day I expect more
    Yes, I've got updates by the number
    A fight I can't win.
    But the day that I stop hoping
    That's the day my world will end!

(Yeah I know it's shitty)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Guys think of it like this. Every day is one day closer to the release of the update. The update is more near today than it was yesterday.
    The release date of the update is actually an irrational number.

WHAT ABOUT THIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    Guys think of it like this. Every day is one day closer to the release of the update. The update is more near today than it was yesterday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    Im just mad because valve is making updates for dota 2 when all this time I thought tf2 was getting things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #45
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Im just mad because valve is making updates for dota 2 when all this time I thought tf2 was getting things.
    Yeah Valve is dumb for working on their next game, they should totally provide updates for an already released game instead !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    RPG
    January 2010
    875 Posts
    I swear, I read that, I have like... a heartwarming feeling about the update now, even bigger than before.

You live up to your username, I see...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    Yeah Valve is dumb for working on their next game, they should totally provide updates for an already released game instead !
    they should at least work on a good game other then some generic moba
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #48
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Dota 2 is just gonna be a flash in the pan. Its gonna come out, People will be interested in it during launch and then it fades in obscurity. TF2 has been out for 5 years and up until 6 months ago, It was as strong as ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts
    Hey, can you two get a room or something? Take this into PMs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    Did Portal 2 ever get
    anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #51
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    Did Portal 2 ever get
    anything?
    test chambers

Workshop dlc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Did Portal 2 ever get
    anything?
    a decent new multiplayer campaign and a great level editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    963 Posts
    Dota 2 is just gonna be a flash in the pan. Its gonna come out, People will be interested in it during launch and then it fades in obscurity. TF2 has been out for 5 years and up until 6 months ago, It was as strong as ever.
    Uh, the original Dota had and I think still has at least 1,000,000+ players, and Dota 2, while in BETA has the most players at once, and I think still holds that record. If it's a "flash in the pan" I'm gonna be surprised, and it's not like this one is DRASTICALLY different from the original, it has Icefrog on it and everything. Hell I don't even play it and I can safely say it probably won't just disappear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Also, not to nitpick or anything but are you sure Tonight's is correct? Its not possessive or anything and I don't think its a proper contraction.

15. Post #55
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,224 Posts
    "I don't like this game so Valve should stop working on this game and keep updating MY favourite game"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

16. Post #56
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    I swear, I read that, I have like... a heartwarming feeling about the update now, even bigger than before.

You live up to your username, I see...
    hue hue so funi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Also, not to nitpick or anything but are you sure Tonight's is correct? Its not possessive or anything and I don't think its a proper contraction.
    the ad for the promos says tonight

18. Post #58
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    "I don't like this game so Valve should stop working on this game and keep updating MY favourite game"
    now now dont get your flank mad

I never said I didn't like dota; I'm just disappointed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    April 2012
    5,354 Posts
    What a way to kick off the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    If you say Dota 2 is going to die within a year you are very very wrong.

Remember that Dota 1 is still played as of now ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    the ad for the promos says tonight
    I meant, Is Tonight's grammatically correct? But regarding the update, I am not getting my hopes up. I am predicting the 3 promos + another lackluster workshop item people will kvetch about, some bugfixes, and a meta-joke about Localization files.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,021 Posts
    Hey guys back on topic.

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #63
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    aside from generic mobas

I think meet the pyro will be based off the meet the pyro storyboard.

I hope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    RPG
    January 2010
    875 Posts
    Hey guys back on topic.

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT.
    Tonight's the night...

And it's going to happen again and again...

It has to happen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQrkLhSgpY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

25. Post #65
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    I meant, Is Tonight's grammatically correct? But regarding the update, I am not getting my hopes up. I am predicting the 3 promos + another lackluster workshop item people will kvetch about, some bugfixes, and a meta-joke about Localization files.
    's is just "is" appreviated

Tonight is the Night
    Tonight's the Night

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,771 Posts
    My optimism meter is off the chart, I can smell the update coming tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    's is just "is" appreviated

Tonight is the Night
    Tonight's the Night
    I guess I should of majored in English instead of Pre-Med. Anyhow, Who thinks we are getting a new crate tonight? Agree for yes or Disagree for no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    August 2009
    2,160 Posts
    I don't think tonights the night. But those promos are coming tonight.

Maybe we'll get a blog post or something with something Pyro related or robot related, but no actual update. Maybe a teaser for something 4 months from now a la Engineer update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,902 Posts
    Tonight is probably not THE NIGHT OF NIGHTS, but it's certainly A night.

...Right?..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    wait promos

what promos and what game? So it does confirm an update tonight. Hopefully a blog post involved so we can AT LEAST BE UPDATED ON SHIT.

31. Post #71
    April 2012
    5,354 Posts
    I don't think tonights the night. But those promos are coming tonight.

Maybe we'll get a blog post or something with something Pyro related or robot related, but no actual update. Maybe a teaser for something 4 months from now a la Engineer update
    "Yeah uh sorry guys, We got REALLY fucked up at the Valve Office party a few weeks ago and well... we sort of lost the update. So... uh... just sit tight for a while, okay? We're still trying to figure this one out ourselves."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

32. Post #72
    RPG
    January 2010
    875 Posts
    I guess I should of majored in English instead of Pre-Med. Anyhow, Who thinks we are getting a new crate tonight? Agree for yes or Disagree for no.
    And inside:
    Strange Gunboats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    These were some good times we had.
    Weren't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

34. Post #74
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,376 Posts
    should of
    Yes, maybe English would've been a better choice.

Then again, with pre-med you might actually get a job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Looks like most people are expecting a crate tonight. I think it will probably be centered around the Engie and Machine-related strange parts. Like Teleports Part for wrenches

36. Post #76
    April 2012
    5,354 Posts
    These were some good times we had.
    Weren't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    Tonight's the night...

And it's going to happen again and again...

It has to happen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQrkLhSgpY
    IT KEEPS ON HAPPENING

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THAT OPTIMISM BRO

I WARNED YOU DOG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,224 Posts
    We need to have the new promo information reposted in this thread for people who missed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #79
    May 2012
    111 Posts
    Just saw "http://kotaku.com/5914742/its-man-vs-manned-machine-in-this-dishonored-gameplay-sneak-peek" in my RSS and there was a split second of hope then. :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    May 2009
    358 Posts
    Just saw "http://kotaku.com/5914742/its-man-vs-manned-machine-in-this-dishonored-gameplay-sneak-peek" in my RSS and there was a split second of hope then. :'(
    There is no hope.
    There is only hats.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 3 (list)