1. Post #281
    February 2008
    3,462 Posts
    newold

Also I see you lurking trey, tell us every thing you know about pyros.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #282
    January 2012
    3,668 Posts
    Bottom left:
    mtp
    see note 2

Where the heck is note two?
    I think Valve is trolling us, as it means "For Meet the Pyro, see note 2.".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

3. Post #283
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,301 Posts
    Oh wow, if they started hiding sequential mtp clues in the weekly community items I'd be amazed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

4. Post #284
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    Oh wow, if they started hiding sequential mtp clues in the weekly community items I'd be amazed.
    Wouldn't take too much effort and allows them to go week to week being able to say they put out a new teaser without actually putting out anything big. Sounds right up Valve's alley.

Trey, I see you lurkin'. What's that line about HUSBAND AND CHILDREN there about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #285
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    okay, calling monday night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

6. Post #286
    May 2012
    111 Posts
    Time to take bets on what will be raged about most. I'm going with lasers lagging people, this time :l
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #287
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    Fun fact: Meet the Sniper was released June 7, 2008. It'll be 4 years old in just four days.

Its birthday is a Thursday.

What update did it release alongside?

Pyro update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 13Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Time to take bets on what will be raged about most. I'm going with lasers lagging people, this time :l
    "I did not want pyro to be X, I always pictured it as Y !" ~Whiner#365
    "Why did they add this set instead of this one?"~Unskilled modeller
    "I'm tired of people complaining that this update made the game unplayable on their toaster"~H4mm3rl3gi0ndud3
    "The replays are still broken"~community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    April 2011
    8,007 Posts
    I'd be amazed if they finally released the damn update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 4 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,961 Posts
    "I did not want pyro to be X, I always pictured it as Y !" ~Whiner#365
    "Why did they add this set instead of this one?"~Unskilled modeller
    "I'm tired of people complaining that this update made the game unplayable on their toaster"~H4mm3rl3gi0ndud3
    "The replays are still broken"~community.
    "I bet it'll be my item going in this time! " ~Jethro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #291
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,172 Posts
    If you want to get your item in the game, add a note to it. Valve will definitely accept it so that they can put hints on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,641 Posts
    cc: cough, tightness in the chest
    HPI. on & off ??? of cough, wheeze & chest
    tightness x1 year. The symptom started
    gradually and now is constant. 2 month ago
    ??? ER admission for another (exacerbation?).
    night cough especially disturbing for the ???
    she is on salbutamol ??? II / ???
    is helpful but not totally. She has allergy to
    dust & ragweed, smoking also aggravate her symptoms
    her husband smoke but outside the house
    She immigrated from Somalia 3-5 years ago
    and can't recall such symptoms in the past.
    So Pyro is a black woman with major coughing issues?
    That... actually makes sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #293
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,074 Posts
    So Pyro is a black woman with major coughing issues?
    That... actually makes sense.
    A big black woman.

OH SHIT

Pyro is Demoman's wife, calling it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,600 Posts
    A big black woman.

OH SHIT

Pyro is Demoman's wife, calling it.
    oh what just because the Pyro's black that means she's married to the demoman

fuckin racist

what makes you even think she HAS to be married just because she's a woman?

you make me SICK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

15. Post #295
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    comparing the two, they added some script here. Doesn't look like anywhere else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #296
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,641 Posts
    Nevermind, it's a fake.

Left is taken straight from the GCF, therefore it's the real new texture. Right is supposedly the high-res version of that texture, that I resized to match the size of the texture in the GCF. You can clearly see that they don't match. Actually if you look closely, you can still read "OCP" on the real texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    July 2011
    10,074 Posts
    Aww.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    July 2011
    575 Posts
    If it's a fake then Trey really is a punk kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #299
    January 2012
    45 Posts
    Well that's disappointing.

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    649 Posts
    Fooled you guys! I'm really sorry buy SPUFs reaction to one tiny joke (cough cough http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...7hl1o1_500.png) was far too funny to not push a little further. Little did I know that one tiny push would lead people dissecting a random image found on google images (http://ieatgrass.com/storage/medical...=1296235284926 and SOMEHOW relating everything back to the Pyro!

Again I am really sorry to disappoint you guys, didn't mean to hurt anyone. Was just a small little joke. No hard feelings?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Dumb x 34Winner x 8Friendly x 4Funny x 3Disagree x 2Informative x 1Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,142 Posts
    Get the tar and feathers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

22. Post #302
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    I'm more interested to learn the clipboard was from google.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #303
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,172 Posts
    Fooled you guys! I'm really sorry buy SPUFs reaction to one tiny joke (cough cough http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...7hl1o1_500.png) was far too funny to not push a little further. Little did I know that one tiny push would lead people dissecting a random image found on google images (http://ieatgrass.com/storage/medical...=1296235284926 and SOMEHOW relating everything back to the Pyro!

Again I am really sorry to disappoint you guys, didn't mean to hurt anyone. Was just a small little joke. No hard feelings?
    I wish I could beat you to death with rusty barbed wire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

24. Post #304
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    E3 is this week, Valve is going to be there, but only showing off content for games that we know about, probably Dota2, CSGo and TF2, plus maybe some bragging about P2's workshop.

25. Post #305
    May 2012
    111 Posts
    I've always imagined Valve at E3 like this; they have their day showing stuff off, then on the last day after the last conference, a random HL3/MTP ARG trailer, or something would appear.

Please let my imagination happen...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    September 2011
    1,516 Posts

I will destroy you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 13Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #307
    July 2011
    10,074 Posts

I will tear out your soul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    649 Posts
    Sorry again guys, I genuinely am sorry. I honestly didn't know the joke would spill over onto Facepunch so quickly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly x 14Late x 2Dumb x 2Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #309
    May 2008
    4,727 Posts
    I wish there was a very hateful rating!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    September 2011
    1,516 Posts
    Sorry again guys, I genuinely am sorry. I honestly didn't know the joke would spill over onto Facepunch so quickly.
    You just don't understand..I, and I know other people too, have been waiting for something to happen for days, weeks, months. Every Tuesday and Thursday morning when I've woken up, I have immediately checked the TF2 blog and this forum, to see if anything had happened. Even the slightest little teeny clue for ANYTHING regarding Meet the Pyro, or possibly even the ''secret project'' or the Saxxies(which I don't care that much about), could get my hopes up and bring the happiness back to my old, lifeless body.
    And then, finally, you showed us that piece of paper, claimed that some MtP clues had been added in there. Why Eric would send you an email telling you they added those clues there is beyond me, but at the moment I didn't care, because I thought there still was some hope. Something is finally happening. After so many crushed anticipations and tin-foils, something is about to happen. By god, SOMETHING IS FINALLY ABOUT TO HAPPEN.

And then you even dare to tell us you have been playing with my(our) feelings, claiming this all to only be an innocent prank, a little joke. Like this is supposed to be funny. Well, mister funny man, does it look like I'm laughing? Does this look like a funny game for you?
    Your excuses and regrets mean nothing to me.
    I will find you treythepunkid.
    And I will show you the true meaning of endless pain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 18Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

31. Post #311
    May 2008
    4,727 Posts
    You just don't understand..I, and I know other people too, have been waiting for something to happen for days, weeks, months. Every Tuesday and Thursday morning when I've woken up, I have immediately checked the TF2 blog and this forum, to see if anything had happened. Even the slightest little teeny clue for ANYTHING regarding Meet the Pyro, or possibly even the ''secret project'' or the Saxxies(which I don't care that much about), could get my hopes up and bring the happiness back to my old, lifeless body.
    And then, finally, you showed us that piece of paper, claimed that some MtP clues had been added in there. Why Eric would send you an email telling you they added those clues there is beyond me, but at the moment I didn't care, because I thought there still was some hope. Something is finally happening. After so many crushed anticipations and tin-foils, something is about to happen. By god, SOMETHING IS FINALLY ABOUT TO HAPPEN.

And then you even dare to tell us you have been playing with my(our) feelings, claiming this all to only be an innocent prank, a little joke. Like this is supposed to be funny. Well, mister funny man, does it look like I'm laughing? Does this look like a funny game for you?
    Your excuses and regrets mean nothing to me.
    I will find you treythepunkid.
    And I will show you the true meaning of endless pain.
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #312
    May 2012
    111 Posts
    *Guilty Look* :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,142 Posts
    Go to your room and think about what you've done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    treythepunkid just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about TF2 culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in CSS where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in TF2, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the tf2 community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase headsplitters or satchels for their heads, nor will they purchase any of treythepunkid's future items. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but treythepunkid has alienated an entire market with this move.

treythepunkid, publicly apologize and cancel all future items or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Old meme from another forum I frequent. I'm totally joking, I know trey didn't mean any harm: http://ffxiii360.ytmnd.com/   
    Just been dying for a time to use this meme on FP :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

35. Post #315
    May 2012
    854 Posts

Oh you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Someone should do a psych experiment on the TF2 community about Confirmation bias and how people can find patterns where there are none using grainy images of clipboards and UFOs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    649 Posts
    treythepunkid just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about TF2 culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in CSS where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in TF2, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the tf2 community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase headsplitters or satchels for their heads, nor will they purchase any of treythepunkid's future items. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but treythepunkid has alienated an entire market with this move.

treythepunkid, publicly apologize and cancel all future items or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Old meme from another forum I frequent. I'm totally joking, I know trey didn't mean any harm: http://ffxiii360.ytmnd.com/   
    Just been dying for a time to use this meme on FP :x
    I still feel like a total asshole for tricking the good people of facepunch . I wish there was a way to make it up to all you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,600 Posts
    ahahahahaha oh god you guys are hysterical

jesus christ get over it it'll happen when it happens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #319
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    I still feel like a total asshole for tricking the good people of facepunch . I wish there was a way to make it up to all you guys.
    make another cool item and get it accepted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    or give me 50% of the cash you make with your items. That'd do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)