1. Post #6361
    July 2009
    2,428 Posts
    But that image shows books, and there's some wood by the fire. Maybe it's a clue!
    Wait, both the medic and sherlock holmes play the violin. But has anyone actually seen Medic's violin? Violin wood, wood barn door plank. IT MUST BE THE RIGHT ONE.
    Trying a bit too hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #6362
    June 2012
    513 Posts
    I'm fairly useless past this point. I signed up as I had a fair knowledge of soho and wanted to sign up to say the pyro was probably not burning it down in that picture. In retrospect I could have gone down the route of catgut, cats, mice and cheese, but I just woke up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #6363
    June 2012
    111 Posts
    Cheese Wheel est. 1-2.5 Refined? I expect these prices to crash.

I think most guests went to bed or are working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #6364
    February 2012
    60 Posts
    I think the theory about the new items (goldfish, plank..) turning into weapons when MtP is released might be true.
    Some might become weapons, other might become hats, miscs, taunts even.
    Maybe this is the only way to obtain those new possible items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6365
    November 2010
    5,163 Posts
    How a small bit of pocket lint is going to turn into a weapon/misc is anyones guess.

Seriously, there's some wacky stuff in TF2, but I don't think valve will go as far as making a cheesewheel or banana peel a weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6366
    November 2010
    270 Posts
    Cheese wheel at least has precedent in the other edibles.

Edit: While I'm here, which items don't conform to the quote exactly?
    If we're eliminating the impossible, maybe those ones have to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #6367
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,622 Posts
    Cheese wheel at least has precedent in the other edibles.

Code:
    Goldfish         : Think of the
    Secret Diary     :          the deeds of hellish cruelty                                                                         and none the wiser
    Cheese Wheel     :                                       the hidden wickedness...    may go on...
    Banana Peel      :                                                                ...may go on...
    Pocket Lint      :                                    ...the...             ...which...
    Barn Door Plank  :                                                                          ...year in, year out...
    Damaged Capacitor:                                                                                               in such places, and...
    That's according to the wiki, I've never tested. They are all pretty scrambled if you ask me. The parts on the Cheese Wheel are also reversed and the Secret Diary apparently reads "the deeds of hellish cruelty and none the wiser" with no visible separation between both.
    There's a lot of redundancy too, like "the" being repeated and "may go on" being in both the Cheese Wheel and the Banana Peel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 4 (list)

8. Post #6368
    June 2012
    513 Posts
    What I noticed immediately from that was that the banana peel is completely unnecessary for that quote to be complete. It's the only one which has no parts of the quote that can't be found with another item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #6369
    February 2012
    60 Posts
    How a small bit of pocket lint is going to turn into a weapon/misc is anyones guess.

Seriously, there's some wacky stuff in TF2, but I don't think valve will go as far as making a cheesewheel or banana peel a weapon.
    Wow really? I didn't they say there will be a cheese weapon, I said it will turn into SOME weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

10. Post #6370
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,288 Posts

Is Valve, they are pretty good when they gonna announce something big. Mystery everywhere and after that, BAM, awesomeness. Also, what if Valve wants us to discover the secret before announce it? I mean, we should have to discover all the cake and until that happens, Valve will not do a shit.

And what if those itemes are for making our hats unusuals? Imagine: Napper's ; Effect: Rotating Cheese.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #6371
    November 2011
    145 Posts
    And what if those itemes are for making our hats unusuals? Imagine: Napper's ; Effect: Rotating Cheese.
    That would be awful as hell. If they did not give us the oportunity of making unusual hats with the unusual metal, I highly doubt that they would make it now.

Probably this objets would be a craft item to get new weapons, combined with metal (scrap or rec) or with an specific weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

12. Post #6372
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,288 Posts
    That would be awful as hell. If they did not give us the oportunity of making unusual hats with the unusual metal, I highly doubt that they would make it now.

Probably this objets would be a craft item to get new weapons, combined with metal (scrap or rec) or with an specific weapon.
    It's probably that. I was trying to be funny not serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #6373
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts

Hmm, it seems the Banana is completely unrelated then?... Did anyone try deleting one of the items? Since we're eliminating the impossible, maybe something is bond to happen if a certain item is deleted?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #6374

June 2012
    8 Posts
    That's according to the wiki, I've never tested. They are all pretty scrambled if you ask me. The parts on the Cheese Wheel are also reversed and the Secret Diary apparently reads "the deeds of hellish cruelty and none the wiser" with no visible separation between both.
    There's a lot of redundancy too, like "the" being repeated and "may go on" being in both the Cheese Wheel and the Banana Peel.
    Code:
    Goldfish         : Think of
    Secret Diary     :              deeds of hellish cruelty                                                                             none the wiser
    Cheese Wheel     :                                       the hidden wickedness           go on
    Banana Peel      :                                                                   may                         in
    Pocket Lint      :          the                                                which
    Barn Door Plank  :                                                                             year in, year out
    Damaged Capacitor:                                                                                                  such places, and
    This is the version I and a couple others have been working with. The wiki version of some of the quotes, they assumed a couple places that should have stayed ellipses were thre-letter words (and in one case, a two-letter word).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #6375
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,020 Posts
    "I have devised seven separate explanations, each of which would cover the facts as far as we know them. But which of these is correct can only be determined by the fresh information which we shall no doubt find waiting for us."

BANANA IS NOT CORRECT

yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #6376
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    What if banana will be a hat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #6377
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    10,058 Posts
    Hmm, it seems the Banana is completely unrelated then?... Did anyone try deleting one of the items? Since we're eliminating the impossible, maybe something is bond to happen if a certain item is deleted?
    Deleted a goldfish, a plank and a peel. Nothing happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #6378
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,288 Posts
    Deleted a goldfish, a plank and a peel. Nothing happened.

Maybe you need to wear the set and have all the items, which is harder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

19. Post #6379
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,893 Posts
    So what happened in the sherlock holmes story after that quote? I never read it, but there might be more clues

Like, what does "such places" refer to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #6380
    November 2010
    270 Posts
    From the excerpt I read it was about large open spaces.

He was talking about the relative safety in closeness, as generally people will be in earshot, and all these nice little spaced out country houses scare the crap out of him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

21. Post #6381

June 2012
    8 Posts
    So what happened in the sherlock holmes story after that quote? I never read it, but there might be more clues

Like, what does "such places" refer to?
    "such places" are the isolated countryside. Context here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #6382
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    SPUF is saying Meet the Pyro will be like the book, Pyro is worried about Miss Pauling working for the Announcer (like Sherlock Holmes is worried about that woman working for a lunatic hag)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

23. Post #6383
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    SPUF is saying Meet the Pyro will be like the book, Pyro is worried about Miss Pauling working for the Announcer (like Sherlock Holmes is worried about that woman working for a lunatic hag)
    That's nice for SPUF, except that the Pyro is an insane person with a flamethrower who probably won't give two shits about some dame he's never met.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #6384
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,287 Posts
    That's nice for SPUF, except that the Pyro is an insane person with a flamethrower who probably won't give two shits about some dame he's never met.
    What if they met over some light surgery?
    [edit]
    Oh wow, what if the purse belonged to Pauling all along and the Pyro kept it as a token of affection?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

25. Post #6385
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,643 Posts
    My alt isn't finding any drops. Well, one of them isn't. The other is finding quite a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #6386
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,287 Posts
    My alt isn't finding any drops. Well, one of them isn't. The other is finding quite a bit.
    Is one of them f2p by chance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #6387
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    They say it's either the Pyro or Medic himself. With him being Sherlock Holmes and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

28. Post #6388
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,643 Posts
    Is one of them f2p by chance?
    All my accounts are premium.

Nearly got a cheesewheel for a scrap, but the guy gave it away to a friend. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #6389
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    Oh wow, what if the purse belonged to Pauling all along and the Pyro kept it as a token of affection?
    That would imply that Valve had thought that up since day 1 of TF2. Besides, the purse in the class locker is merely there to bring more elements to Pyro's mysteriousness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6390
    May 2008
    4,719 Posts
    That would imply that Valve had thought that up since day 1 of TF2. Besides, the purse in the class locker is merely there to bring more elements to Pyro's mysteriousness.
    They might not have thought of it since day 1, but they can adapt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

31. Post #6391
    August 2009
    2,079 Posts
    Yeah, Valve are the kings of making shit up as they go along.

There was no Redmond or Blutarch until 2009....or 2010. I forget.

Hell, even Saxton Hale didn't exist until 2009.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

32. Post #6392
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,643 Posts
    Hooray! Found some pocket lints + Scottish Resistance. IZ GOOD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #6393
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,192 Posts
    Yeah, Valve are the kings of making shit up as they go along.

There was no Redmond or Blutarch until 2009....or 2010. I forget.

Hell, even Saxton Hale didn't exist until 2009.
    Yeah, none of the classes had any names, none of the classes had any known relatives, the companies did not have much more backstory other than "Red and Blu are the two rival companies that own half of every company in the world each and are at a constant war with eachother".

I really miss that not more people build onto the James Bond disguise secret spybases theme that although still prevalent has been severely undermined as of late. I'd like more maps that feel more like massive spybases disguised as something else, rather than different environments with secret spybase rooms hidden away in some corner only used to spawn players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #6394
    February 2012
    60 Posts
    Hooray! Found some pocket lints + Scottish Resistance. IZ GOOD
    I have a few lints as well

http://tf2b.com/tf2/76561198040478481

I'm gonna keep everything because I'm thinking they will be used with metal to craft new weps/miscs/hats...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #6395
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    10,058 Posts
    I'm gonna keep everything because I'm thinking they will be used with metal to craft new weps/miscs/hats...
    Misterdoo01 posted:
    Given that Valve now has an in-house economist and use Team Fortress 2 as a testbed for their ideas, this is likely an experiment to see if people would actually trade literally useless shit or not.
    I think this makes sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

36. Post #6396
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    koth_soho was that community map Valve was testing a while back, yes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #6397
    August 2009
    2,079 Posts
    WHoa whoa WHOA WHOA

Guys. I was just reading the TF2 wiki and noticed this

"On a personal level, Radigan Conagher had a fascination for Abraham Lincoln. In the first edition of The Engineer Update, several pages of notes are dedicated to inventing an object that could have saved Lincoln from John Wilkes Booth. Some devices include: a hat that would shoot at the attacker, a chair that would swing over and under a balcony away from the attacker, and a teleporter. "

Radigan built a third life extender machine...Pyro is Abraham Lincoln. The thing on his back isn't an air tank, its a portable life extender!

And he's insane because he's a reanimated corpse. Perhaps that house that got burned down was Radigans house. It looks like a western town house!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative x 6Disagree x 1Useful x 1Late x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #6398
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    WHoa whoa WHOA WHOA

"On a personal level, Radigan Conagher had a fascination for Abraham Lincoln. In the first edition of The Engineer Update, several pages of notes are dedicated to inventing an object that could have saved Lincoln from John Wilkes Booth. Some devices include: a hat that would shoot at the attacker, a chair that would swing over and under a balcony away from the attacker, and a teleporter. "

Radigan built a third life extender machine...Pyro is Abraham Lincoln. The thing on his back isn't an air tank, its a portable life extender!
    This sounds so true.

I just noticed something from the engineer update page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #6399
    May 2008
    4,719 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

40. Post #6400
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,945 Posts
    WHoa whoa WHOA WHOA

And he's insane because he's a reanimated corpse. Perhaps that house that got burned down was Radigans house. It looks like a western town house!
    Something else to support this theory.

Just look who happens to be the Pyro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)