1. Post #1561
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    So much farming
    You can do farming with every other strange weapon.

I will rent out this pageking to the highest bidder!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1562
    February 2008
    3,498 Posts
    In Team Fortress 2, you'd expect that items should be catered towards teamwork.

The Roaming Soldier playstyle is a choice that helps teamwork when paired with a coordinated Medic and Pocket because of the Soldier's innate ability to move quickly and his adaptability to a multitude of situations, Pyro lacks such a mechanic to aid in roaming and lacks that sort of flexibility that the Soldier and Scout boast.
    Ok, what prevents the roaming pyro from aiding his team? The detonator can provide extra mobility and the pyro can last longer behind enemy lines with the backscratcher and using airblast to escape unfavorable encounters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #1563
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,750 Posts
    Ok, what prevents the roaming pyro from aiding his team? The detonator can provide extra mobility and the pyro can last longer behind enemy lines with the backscratcher and using airblast to escape unfavorable encounters.
    I never said that he can't aid his team. I stated that he is less useful for teamwork regarding the Medic (one of the most team-oriented classes in the entire game).

Yes, he can keep himself alive with Medkits, but medkits are not always available and it's not always possible to roam to places where the other team isn't watching (which makes it difficult to make a clean entrance so he can stay as healthy as possible).

Time is very important - time spent away from the fight is as good as time spent respawning - time spent being healed by a beam is time spent not healing other teammates. Roaming Soldiers and Scouts minimize that downtime when finding a medkit by being fast to recuperate, the Pyro lacks such a luxury. The Detonator can make him go upwards, but it doesn't make him fast to recuperate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1564
    February 2008
    3,498 Posts
    I never said that he can't aid his team. I stated that he is less useful for teamwork regarding the Medic (one of the most team-oriented classes in the entire game).

Yes, he can keep himself alive with Medkits, but medkits are not always available and it's not always possible to roam to places where the other team isn't watching (which makes it difficult to make a clean entrance so he can stay as healthy as possible).

Time is very important - time spent away from the fight is as good as time spent respawning - time spent being healed by a beam is time spent not healing other teammates. Roaming Soldiers and Scouts minimize that downtime when finding a medkit by being fast to recuperate, the Pyro lacks such a luxury. The Detonator can make him go upwards, but it doesn't make him fast to recuperate.
    You can launch you off walls with the detonator.

But that's roaming for you, it might not be preferable based on the map. Different classes roam in different ways with different strengths, soldier is less long term but faster and more ranged, scout is more rapid but much more fragile. I still haven't a clue what you're saying here; you're complaining it's bad with medics, well no shit, that's the point, you don't see medics all that much while roaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1565
    May 2011
    2,872 Posts
    The Pyro can do many things but most other classes can do that better, we know that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1566
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,266 Posts
    You can do farming with every other strange weapon.
    But that requires effort (or an idle server).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #1567
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    Join idle server
    Type +attack in console
    Wait a few hours

Doesn't seem like a lot of effort to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

8. Post #1568
    ~It's only fun if you get a scar out of it~
    May 2012
    2,436 Posts
    Farming pda would also require effort. Not to mention, that a guy created a farming map for stranges, all you have to do is connect your alt accounts and type +attack and +forward in the console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1569
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,010 Posts
    You guys can hold on for another day, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

10. Post #1570
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    I didn't realize he also coined Spy seeing enemy's health and Engineer being able to move buildings.

It's kind of funny how much they've borrowed from that guy. He does have a community equalizer... but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1571
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,233 Posts
    You guys can hold on for another day, right?
    What the hell is up with this damn club of people who 'know things'
    First we got testinglol now the contributors are doing it.
    Maybe you do know something in which case stop near-breaking your NDA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #1572
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,055 Posts
    I don't think Valve makes 'em sign a NDA... I don't think so anyway, I think it's just a matter of trust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1573
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,631 Posts
    I didn't realize he also coined Spy seeing enemy's health and Engineer being able to move buildings.

It's kind of funny how much they've borrowed from that guy. He does have a community equalizer... but still.
    He should have a community version of every item he inspired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1574
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Valve doesn't NDA contributors. It's just kind of "dude, be a bro, you know this is confidential"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1575
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts

why is the file name tobor.png?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1576
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    hmm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #1577
    October 2011
    799 Posts
    It's all just one giant conspiracy...or a joke

on which case not the funniest joke to be saying "HEY I KNOW THINGS" than heckle us
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #1578
    December 2011
    242 Posts

I dunno, a lot of what he suggested was also suggested by many people(spys stealing identies/not losing disguise was very popular before the SvsS update)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #1579
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,750 Posts
    I dunno, a lot of what he suggested was also suggested by many people(spys stealing identies/not losing disguise was very popular before the SvsS update)
    A lot of what he suggested may have been popular, but he posted all of those in 2008 -- even before the Pyro update.

At the very least, he's ahead of the curb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #1580
    April 2011
    3,392 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1581
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts
    Just to add onto the salvaged crate predictions:

Code:
    -PDA
    -Tomislav
    -Spycicle
    -Grordbort wep
    -gimmick/useless/filler wep
    -Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
    orrrr better yet, enrage two birds with one stone

Code:
    Grordbort Laser Future Crate of Science!
    -Righteous Bison
    -Cow Mangler
    -Phlog
    -Manmelter
    -Pomson
    -Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item (of SCIENCE!)
    Either way, I'd be pissed if the strange Mangler got into a salvaged crate.

22. Post #1582
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Just to add onto the salvaged crate predictions:

Code:
    -PDA
    -Tomislav
    -Spycicle
    -Grordbort wep
    -gimmick/useless/filler wep
    orrrr better yet, enrage two birds with one stone

Code:
    Grordbort Laser Future Crate of Science!
    -Righteous Bison
    -Cow Mangler
    -Phlog
    -Manmelter
    -Pomson
    -Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item (of SCIENCE!)
    Either way, I'd be pissed if the strange Mangler got into a salvaged crate.
    Special science unusual effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1583
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Crate 50
    - Frying Pan
    - Original
    - Short-Circuit
    - Phlog
    - Sun on a Stick

24. Post #1584
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts
    Special science unusual effects.
    Code:
    Now Introducing:

Laser Unusual Effect
    Though a Death Fizzle Unusual Effect would be pretty rad.

25. Post #1585
    May 2012
    788 Posts
    Crate 50
    - Frying Pan
    - Original
    - Short-Circuit
    - Phlog
    - Sun on a Stick
    Isn't the frying pan reskin promo item? And a still active one, at that?

26. Post #1586
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    Crate 50:
    -Original
    -Sandvich
    -Homewrecker
    -Short Circuit
    -Postal Pummeller

(They might have a Fan-o-war or a Force-a-nature too.)

27. Post #1587
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    If it's a salvaged crate, expect it to have most used weapons like tomislav, spycicle, probably PDA and bonk, and homewrecker or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

28. Post #1588

May 2012
    11 Posts
    Crate 50 will contain weapons which are hard to get kills with (like the Chargin' Targe, Short Circuit, and Fan o' War) which will be special stranges with different ranks. (like the Mantreads)

29. Post #1589
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    the Targe was one of the first stranges they ever added
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #1590

May 2012
    11 Posts
    the Targe was one of the first stranges they ever added
    Yes, but this would be a Special Strange (Wooo) that gets you a rank with every kill.

31. Post #1591

June 2012
    1 Posts
    Seth gone for 1 month
    party
    D͈̣̝̳̝̬͚̅̓ͩ̊̆̾̊ͤ͟ͅi͈̯̠̱̻̜͐̓ͭ͗ͨ͂͜d͔̹͍̩̯̤̪̟́̇͢ ̧̦̳̩̝̪̪̎ͭ̀I̴̴͓̳̱ͧ̍̈́͗ ̨̞̟͈̞͉̖̙ͣͨ̿̿ͥ͂m̯̆ͬ̃ͮ̒͋͆͗̚i̷̦̭̝͈̻̭̖̘ͥ̇ͧ͢ͅs̛͉̞̳̱̘̋͠͠ ̳͈̖s̠̖̩͕̞ͫ͑ͩ̆ͦ͊̎͌͢͡ ̮̭̯̠̻̩͈̍̆̊͌͊͒͒͌͝ẗ̹͖̖̫̲̰̳̼̐̄͑̆̆̋ͦ̓͟͞h̷̺̜̭ͫ̑ͩ̆ͪ̅̓́͜ ͓ȩ̼̣͗̍͞͝ ̭̼̼̰̮̟͎̖̤̐̈́́ͭ́͘p̗͖͗̈̂a̸̼̦̯̪̼ͣ̓ͫ̓͐̆ͅȑ̟̤̥̞̼͓ͮͧ̇͡t̑̾ ̞̘̯̠͍̹̀́̎y̳͓̤͛̈́̽̎́̕͡ ̟̙̙̥̖̳͙ͨ̀̈̆͘ͅ?̰͚̘̪̞̪ͣ̍̀͞ ̗̫̲͈̺͉͕̔͗ͣͫ͢

̴̼͙̦͙̠͖̃̐ͨ͑͒̑ͮ̚͜

I̸̩̪̟̙͓̤͙̳ͪ͢͠ ̴͙͉ͯͭ͘Ȃ̀̍̄̄ͭ́͏͓̼̖͙͉̙̭M͓̙̲̪̝͓̅̀͡ ̡͉̹͉͍͓̱ͮ̉̄̓ͭͤͧY̞̫͌̋ͮͬ̀Ǫ̢̮͈̪̝̦͚͖͉̓̓̀ͯ̇͜U̶̖̩͎͓̎̓̆̓͋ ̗R̢̧̖̜͎͆ͭ͊̍̔͟ ̵̙͇̦ͩͮ̕͠R̰̱̭̫͖͎̫̹̙̃ͧͦͯ̀͘Ŭ̴̳͕͋ͭ͋̂͗͘Ḽ̥͔́͒̀͘͜ͅĘ͈ͫ͜ ̰͕͚̻R̼̻̞̳ͣ̐ ̭̬̜̙̪̗͓͔̖̂̈̕Y̸̠̲̩͎̺̞̓ͯ̔ͨ̏͡O͕̙̞͓ͣͩ͘͠U̧̘̗̦̠͖̜ͮͧ̏̏̽͋R ̈́̄̈́̀҉̗̠ ̸̛͍ͤ̐͠M̨̦̞͕̟̰͛͑ͨ̆͜͢Ȧ͉̮̲̭̠̝̮͋͝ͅS̴̺͔͇̲̩͔̣ͥ̽ͣͪͫ̐̆̾͝T ͦ̂̆̽̏ͥ̈̾̕͏̲̥̻͓̜̻̲Ě̶̻̖̝̩̪̘̺́̑̾̈́͠R̶̨̊̄͏̞͔̗̞͈ ̛̭̭̤̬͈̲͕̬͔ͨ͗͂ͥY̛̟̳̣̹ͯ͗ͣ͆͗͛ͬ̈̊Ȍ̧̡̬̼͙̰ͥ̍̊͒ͭU̢̻̥͔ͨ̏̚ ͓R̞̠͙̖̣̘̰̩ͩ͋͘ ͕͇̖͕̫͈̩͑̈́̑̍͊ͤ͗̚Ç̤̖̯̇̓͌̍̀̊ͮͯO̴̢̙͈̫̳̩͒̍͋ͭN̺̣̝̪͈͆ͥ͂̎ Ṭ̸͙̩̙̹̬̀̋̒R̡̦͍̠̥͇̮̒ͬ͜O͍͙̻͂͒ͫ̏ͪͩ͢͝Ļ̶̯̖̼̮̮͂ͭ̔̍L̉ͧ̐ ͐ͨ͝͏̯̮̪̫̺̻E̮̭̬̼̺ͦ̈́̽́͜Ṟ̵͉̘̭̯̑̓ͮ̈́̆͐̀ ̓̈҉͉̤̪A̸̡͚͙ͨ̅͐̃̒͆̑͒̅N̹̾̐ͩD̺̱̹͖̖͔̗͙ͪͩ͆̓̌́͢ͅ ͥ̾͐ͨ̃̇͂ͪ͏̬̞̞̺̦̳͉͈I̸͙̭̣̹̻̗̩͒ͥ̔͐̏̄ ̷̧̯̣͙͎̺ͥW̰̯͍͚͍̞͉͋̍͋ͦ̓͌̚I̵̦̺̒̊͒̊̽̈͑̌́ͅL̶̙͙̹̏̿̍̓̏̎͒ͫ ̝̠L̼̗̼̤̦̩̹̏̿ͬͬ̕ ̩̳͕̝͚̠̩͕̟̈́́̅̆̋̍̏ͬ͆Ḫ̟̰̜̤̍̄͑̆͌͒Ạ̩̪̉R̵̫̰͕̦̂̐̂͋̓́ͩ̒̚ ̪̼͔Ṃ̠̖͕̇̈́͜ ̞̫̲̱̳͍̫̈ͦͮͬ̈́ͤ̚͟͡Ẏ̶̳̘͍̬͕͈͔̘͇̆̓Ò̸͍̙̾͂ͬ̈́́̑̏Ū̿̽͆͊ͩ̋ ͎̤̳̦̫̬̼̱̮͌̃̀͟ ̳͉̭͍̫̻͇̥ͨͪ͋͡͞V͇̟͇̪̤͐̓ͨ͘E̢͙̪̰͎̰ͯͦ̀͊́̐͐R̘̐̓͛͆̀̈́̽̈́̓̕͡ Ỹ̶̡̛̥̱̥̲̄̍ͣͮ ̴̱͔͙̪͇̌̔̋̏͞Ḇ͈̯̟ͧ̒A̧̧͎̟͍͇̝̘̦ͣ͗͢Ḑ̐ͣ̏͗ͤͤ̏͌͏̱͕̖͙̹L͊̋ ̞͇̻̿͘͞Y̡͎͕̘̰̤̬̘͉ͫͬ ̮͚̽B̢̡̡͙̯̱̩̩̫̣ͧE̷͓̫̬̺ͪͬC̛̤͉̹ͧ̔͐̓͒̓̋̊ͪA̡̠̝̘̠̦̐ͯ͒̅̿ͅ ̪̠Ü̧͇͔͍̈́̑̉͛̑ͮͥS̏ͣͮ̀͏̱̪̣̖͕̤̻͙E̷̖̣̭̦͉͇ͩͥ̂ͥ͂͆ͥ̊̕ ̱̞̪͇͂̉̑͌̅ͨ͞I̟̻̤̝̮̭̘ͫ̒͆͂̒̽ͣ͗̀ ̵̯̦̻ͨ̒͌ͩ̒̌Ả̸̢̺̙̙̯͌̉̊͗̿M̸̰̥̲̞̝̫̼ͬ̀͑͗̓̊̿ ͗̓̓ͩ̈́҉̗̱͔̱̪͇́Z̡̳̤̭̫̒̍͒ͮͯ̎ͦͭ̈́a͕͍͕̟̤̬̺̎̋̃̉̈ͪͩ̚̕L͐͑ͪ̌ ̶͎ͬg̾̽̔̈́̉͆̇̚҉̡̯͔̺͓̩̠̰ͅƠ̤͈̟̼̪͒͛ͩ͂̂̒̒̕.̓͊̀̋̇̿̽̚ ̟̞̭

(User was permabanned for this post ("Gimmick Account" - Terrenteller))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1592
    May 2009
    358 Posts
    Crate 50:
    - Dalokohs bar
    - Ali Baba's Wee Booties
    - Gunboats
    - Mantreads
    - Cozy Camper
    - Strange Part: Arrows lit on fire
    - Strange Part: Enemies turned into golden statues
    - Sarge's Sensible Haircut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #1593
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Are you guys desperate enough for content that you start to speculate on crates

wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #1594
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    Crate 50
    - Frying Pan
    - Original
    - Short-Circuit
    - Phlog
    - Sun on a Stick
    You're forgetting something. Strange Sandvich.

35. Post #1595
    Pony Extraordinaire

October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    saftrhyutymr
    what're you doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1596
    April 2011
    3,392 Posts
    Hmm. Idea. The Quack Pack. A set of items that all disproportionately benefit the Medic more than the people he's healing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #1597
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    did seth seriously make an alt to post that amazingly witty comeback?

Yikes...

Edited:

Are you guys desperate enough for content that you start to speculate on crates

wow.
    it's even funnier because we have legit stuff we've been shown to speculate on

like what is this reward for MvM? What does it do, and why is there a second one that seems to be more of a random drop item?

38. Post #1598
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    Crate 50:
    - Dalokohs bar
    - Ali Baba's Wee Booties
    - Gunboats
    - Mantreads
    - Cozy Camper
    - Strange Part: Arrows lit on fire
    - Strange Part: Enemies turned into golden statues
    - Sarge's Sensible Haircut
    Amplitude of turning while charging, sounds legit. Hale's Own wee booties, 10,000 turned while charging,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #1599
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    did seth seriously make an alt to post that amazingly witty comeback?

Yikes...

Edited:

it's even funnier because we have legit stuff we've been shown to speculate on

like what is this reward for MvM? What does it do, and why is there a second one that seems to be more of a random drop item?
    The random drop might be one of the powerup type things

40. Post #1600
    May 2009
    358 Posts
    Hale's Own wee booties
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)