1. Post #3281
    December 2007
    230 Posts
    Your internet, fine on my end.

also yay 100th post
    it was slow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #3282
    hello im nobody.
    July 2009
    698 Posts
    Why a half an hour?
    well mostly of the times tf2 updates after dota2.

but it can be later.

is just a wild guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3283
    September 2011
    4,401 Posts
    I was checking the wiki and noticed there was this unused thing uploaded on the blog:

And it's not the only one of its kind. Do we know when the blog gets updated, even if it show nothing new? There may be interesting things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

4. Post #3284
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I think Valve got the hang of these alliterations ever since the Uber Update.

With that said I think the update will be called the Pyro Patch or the Airblast Addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #3285
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    Guys, it's getting a little late for HLDS!

I checked some older weekly updates, and the latest I could find was one where we got the email at 8:45 EST which is 30 minutes away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3286
    September 2011
    4,401 Posts
    I think Valve got the hang of these alliterations ever since the Uber Update.

With that said I think the update will be called the Pyro Patch or the Airblast Addon.
    The Useless Update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

7. Post #3287
    May 2012
    788 Posts
    There's a speculation thread on SPUF, so no patch.

We've never gotten a patch on a day that SPUF has had a speculation thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

8. Post #3288
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts

SUF is usually dumb

(and yes, I said SUF, not SPUF, because Valve calls it the Steam User Forums, NOT Steam Powered User Forums, go check for yourself)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

9. Post #3289
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    I hope the update's "theme" of the art has a very, old timey sci-fi movie look. Like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3290
    December 2007
    230 Posts

WHAT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

11. Post #3291
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    SUF is usually dumb

(and yes, I said SUF, not SPUF, because Valve calls it the Steam User Forums, NOT Steam Powered User Forums, go check for yourself)
    Now they do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3292
    hello im nobody.
    July 2009
    698 Posts

So?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

13. Post #3293
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts
    Now they do.
    FALSE.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #3294
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    SUF sounds shitty.

SPUF conveys how goofy these forums are way better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #3295
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    I should have been more specific with my quote. I meant now they call it Steam User Forums. In the past it was Steam Power User Forums and it's stuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #3296
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,630 Posts
    I don't think we're getting anything tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

17. Post #3297
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,867 Posts
    It sounds like SPUD so I'm obliged to agree by default.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #3298
    January 2012
    1,524 Posts
    ...it's gonna suck if there's no update tonight. idc if we had one this week already. it was very small compared to any other of the small updates we've been having.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3299
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    You guys were starting to get happy for a second there.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

20. Post #3300
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts
    I don't think we're getting anything tonight.
    Same. There would've been an announcement even for a major one, so chances are dimming.

21. Post #3301
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,898 Posts
    You guys were starting to get happy for a second there.

switch every citizen to tax official.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

22. Post #3302
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,630 Posts
    Who would have thought an update that was two weeks late would replace the third week's update.

23. Post #3303
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    My sails are losing wind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #3304
    September 2011
    4,401 Posts
    Who would have thought an update that was two weeks late would replace the third week's update.
    Something like that happened some time ago, if I remember correctly
    One update per week, no more and maybe less, don't expect anything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

25. Post #3305
    May 2011
    1,915 Posts
    Next week is the week!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3306
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    switch every citizen to tax official.
    Every citizen that can't be put to work, is. No point though, I don't need to build anything, or buy anything. I've been playing this game roud the clock for three days waiting for this update.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #3307
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,215 Posts
    Next monday?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3308
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts
    Next week is the week!
    I'm starting to buy back my 18th theory, so it's possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #3309
    May 2011
    921 Posts
    Next week is the week!
    You're telling me I gotta deal with yet another week of life before we wait hours for something that probably won't happen?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #3310
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    you should name your civilization Facepuncians and make Garry your leader. And then name each town for a different member and see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #3311
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Yeah, well, sounds like this week is done. It's so late I can't even be bothered to get wasted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #3312
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    it might be getting a little late for a patch, but we've got a lot more hours left for potential Day 1.

Jesus, the Scout update blog posts were at like midnight EST some nights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #3313
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,365 Posts
    why is this thread so packed with people? Go to bed you chumps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #3314
    May 2011
    2,854 Posts
    Welp, updates happen around 2 AM over here. Next Thursday I have an exam at 4 PM, AND an exam the Friday at 10 AM. Both important ones. And pretty much same deal the following week. Awesome, just awesome. Since February, I've been waiting, but no, nothing of note happens. Goddammit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #3315
    May 2011
    1,915 Posts
    You're telling me I gotta deal with yet another week of life before we wait hours for something that probably won't happen?!
    Probably.

It seems too late for an update now, I mean it's possible, but it's more likely that we won't see one. I think the Replay Update hit insanely late, around 11PM or something EST, but there was a HLDS email and with a whole new mode being included in this update I think they'd want to give servers a heads-up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

36. Post #3316
    May 2012
    788 Posts
    it might be getting a little late for a patch, but we've got a lot more hours left for potential Day 1.

Jesus, the Scout update blog posts were at like midnight EST some nights.
    I distinctly remember those being at 3-5 pm EST.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

37. Post #3317
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts
    you should name your civilization Facepuncians and make Garry your leader. And then name each town for a different member and see what happens.
    It's already called Cuntsmania. With a communist Cuntsmainian government. The Cunties' are a prosperous people, a multicultural rainbow of citizens from all the other CIV's I crushed.

EDIT: guys, if anything is going to happen, it's Monday. I was probably a week out when I said this Monday, sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #3318
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,431 Posts
    They do late blog posts at this hour, or even within the next 3 hours. That's what I would expect.

I don't understand you guys hoping for a day one of a big update. Those don't ever come out without Valve teasing us for at least a weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

39. Post #3319
    May 2011
    2,854 Posts
    Oh well, exam this Tuesday as well, great. Having 6 exams in 2 weeks should be illegal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3320
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Welp, updates happen around 2 AM over here. Next Thursday I have an exam at 4 PM, AND an exam the Friday at 10 AM. Both important ones. And pretty much same deal the following week. Awesome, just awesome. Since February, I've been waiting, but no, nothing of note happens. Goddammit.
    SAME

FUCKING

DEAL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)