1. Post #3321
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    32,984 Posts
    why is this thread so packed with people? Go to bed you chumps
    Not going to bed at 5:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #3322
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    so remember when I said nobody seems to have seen Meet the Pyro?

well, Helljumper (capotain creator) did! He went to Valve 2 weeks ago to playtest "stuff"
    And he had lunch with Brandon, where the following conversation happened,
    "No let us pay. It's on the company. Wait... have you ever bought keys in TF2?"

Me: "Yes"

"Oh, well there you go. You already paid."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3323
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,189 Posts
    Not going to bed at 5:47 PM.
    7:49 PM here, and the NBA game is just starting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

4. Post #3324
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,632 Posts
    Well TF2 might not get an update, but SMNC is getting dinosaurs.

[MNCGame.HCharDinosaur]
    Configs=( BaseSkills=( (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillShootasaurus"), (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillAsplodasaurus"), (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillPassiveCarnivore"), (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillCriticalasaurusRex"), (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillPassiveHerbavore"), ), ExtraSkills=( (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillGrappleTRexHug"), (Path=A,Skill="MNCGame.HSkillRaptorBones"), ) )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 9 (list)

5. Post #3325
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,947 Posts
    And someone called the Balloon Master.

WHO HAS A BALLOON FOR EVERY THING CAPTAIN SPARK DOES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3326
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,066 Posts
    oh great SMNC my favourite game which is totally relevant to this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #3327
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,632 Posts
    oh great SMNC my favourite game which is totally relevant to this thread

well game updates every Thursday, so i thought id share some info.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #3328
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    why do they ship 1.5 gig weekly updates? Holy hell, I don't even have bandwidth caps and that's crazy. I couldn't imagine a person with caps ever being able to keep SMNC updated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3329
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,947 Posts
    why do they ship 1.5 gig weekly updates? Holy hell, I don't even have bandwidth caps and that's crazy. I couldn't imagine a person with caps ever being able to keep SMNC updated.
    It's to do with the way the Unreal Engine handles files. They're working on making a seperate patcher that'll work better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #3330
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    a few random changes.
    SMNC terms= 1.3 gbs
    TF2 terms= 125 mbs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #3331
    May 2011
    2,675 Posts

well, Helljumper (capotain creator) did! He went to Valve 2 weeks ago to playtest "stuff"
    I want to know more...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

12. Post #3332
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    I want to know more...
    he's not going to say, I tried :(

13. Post #3333
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,189 Posts
    Force him at gunpoint, then he'll reveal everything anyone will ever want to know and our problems will be solved!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #3334
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,947 Posts

Ask him ONE thing.

Does it contain FIRE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #3335
    April 2011
    3,246 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #3336
    January 2010
    3,152 Posts
    Ask him ONE thing.

Does it contain FIRE?
    All the fire was replaced by the Phlog.

17. Post #3337
    May 2011
    2,675 Posts
    I just hope MtP ups the lenght; having a pre-MtSn video wouldn't make the cut in my opinion.

18. Post #3338
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,976 Posts
    I don't even think me or ellison could get him to talk.

19. Post #3339
    November 2010
    1,428 Posts
    I just hope MtP ups the lenght; having a pre-MtSn video wouldn't make the cut in my opinion.
    I would like a 6 minute MTP or a 1 hour MTP.

20. Post #3340
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    a one hour meet the video would be 10 times longer than the average TF2 round.

...that seems like it would get kind of stale really fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

21. Post #3341
    November 2010
    1,428 Posts
    a one hour meet the video would be 10 times longer than the average TF2 round.

...that seems like it would get kind of stale really fast.
    6 minute MTP looping for 1 hour.

22. Post #3342
    May 2011
    2,675 Posts
    Anyway, more or less, in the upcoming 2 hellish weeks, I'll have to deal with a TF2 large update (or not), the first part of episode 30 of Dragon Ball Abridged, Pokemon Black and White 2 being released in Japan (with the correspondant information tidal wave), and Dawnguard being released for 360 (and ditto).

Meanwhile, I have to deal with a half year of Parasitology, full years of Entomology, Microbiology and Biochemistry, some basic but inconvenient Inmunology stuff (although I failed that one last year because I was busy trying out the Detonator 4 hours before the exam) and a chore of a subject that acts as stress inducer.

God, June used to be an awesome month... I hope the update comes out and you guys get to enjoy it; I already missed the Manniversary and its wonderful store crafting...

23. Post #3343
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,427 Posts
    Tonight was never going to be the night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #3344
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    friday major updates are not out of the question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #3345
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,504 Posts
    I don't even think me or ellison could get him to talk.
    It's easy -- simply seduce him. I nominate Ned for this task since he wants to know the answers the most, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Nintendo Wii United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

26. Post #3346
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,570 Posts
    I have the feeling that if/when I go to Valve HQ during the summer vacation, MTP will STILL not be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #3347
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Some friends and I were talking about MTP and when it would come out. Jokingly, I asked for a sign from Valve and then my next drop was the Hot Dogger. Obviously the Pyro will be roasting weenies in the video...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #3348
    April 2012
    1,210 Posts
    You know what would be neat?

Betting hats over when this stuff gets released.
    It'd have to be specific dates though, otherwise both parties would probably want to have the latest date to be closer to the correct one.

29. Post #3349
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,855 Posts
    Every citizen that can't be put to work, is. No point though, I don't need to build anything, or buy anything. I've been playing this game roud the clock for three days waiting for this update.
    That is a massive treasury.

I recall one occasion where I somehow got Russia to pay me +9999999 Gold per Turn. I was very happy.

30. Post #3350
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    I create the country I would want to live in. My people get a piece of my warchest, it's a democracy, with a very streamlined military focusing only on defense. All my cities have schools and libraries, and stadiums and banks. I also always make sure my civilization gets the Cure for Cancer, and I also push for the Internet and Woman's Sufferage to start in my civilization.

By late game I have a massive pile of money, and unbreakable defense, and all my cities have all the improvements and just sit and produce more commerce. I have enough money to just buy peace from anyone who is hostile, and I am king of science because I used my pile of money and roaring economy through the entire game to just bribe other countries into giving me their research, and I shoot for the stuff the CPU doesn't go for first, so I can "catch up" later with throwing my money around and ending up on top of the science world.

I might play civilization the wrong way. I never go to war, I am entirely defensive. I do lots and lots of trading and bargaining.

It's too bad the CPU never accepts my offers to just buy their countries.

Maybe one day I'll move on from Civ 3 and finally buy Civ 4. It took me a decade to get away from Civ II: Tests of Time and onto Civ III and that's only because I lost my disc and Civ II is not on Steam.

31. Post #3351
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,855 Posts
    I usually create a commoonist dystopia where all my citizens are unhappy or tax collectors and every city is full of Modern Armor or Calvary, depending on how far I get before hostilities start.

32. Post #3352
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,066 Posts
    and I thought the SMNC update was off topic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #3353
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    Damn, I was really hoping it wouldn't coincide with Quantum Conundrum.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll have bet it and Portal 2 again before this comes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #3354
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    I forgot I pre-ordered Quantum Conundrum.

So I guess i have that to look forward too next week!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3355
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    I forgot I pre-ordered Quantum Conundrum.

So I guess i have that to look forward too next week!
    Really wanted those items, eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #3356
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    Really wanted those items, eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #3357
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    The chemical bottles give an actual use for Lime paint.

38. Post #3358
    April 2011
    3,246 Posts
    Apparently the creator will be fixing the collar of the Quadwrangler. I would love to see a no-logo style for the Pineapple, too.

39. Post #3359
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,908 Posts
    I create the country I would want to live in. My people get a piece of my warchest, it's a democracy, with a very streamlined military focusing only on defense. All my cities have schools and libraries, and stadiums and banks. I also always make sure my civilization gets the Cure for Cancer, and I also push for the Internet and Woman's Sufferage to start in my civilization.

By late game I have a massive pile of money, and unbreakable defense, and all my cities have all the improvements and just sit and produce more commerce. I have enough money to just buy peace from anyone who is hostile, and I am king of science because I used my pile of money and roaring economy through the entire game to just bribe other countries into giving me their research, and I shoot for the stuff the CPU doesn't go for first, so I can "catch up" later with throwing my money around and ending up on top of the science world.

I might play civilization the wrong way. I never go to war, I am entirely defensive. I do lots and lots of trading and bargaining.

It's too bad the CPU never accepts my offers to just buy their countries.

Maybe one day I'll move on from Civ 3 and finally buy Civ 4. It took me a decade to get away from Civ II: Tests of Time and onto Civ III and that's only because I lost my disc and Civ II is not on Steam.
    I usually wait until I get Tanks, then roll over their spear men. Check out my save file and see were I've got to atm, see if it's anything like yours.

At this point, I never know why I'm still playing. My eyes are about to fall out of my head.

http://www.jake-harold.com/civ3_save1.zip

EDIT: I suppose I'll never be happy until I own every city in the world, and they are all fully improved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #3360
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    Looks sharp!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)