1. Post #3241
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,530 Posts
    I wish DOTA 2 have region locking... or stop existing....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3242
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,699 Posts
    So I managed to fix the "your map differs from the servers" problem by deleting everything in the maps folder and verifying, but now the new dire secret shopkeeper is an invisible error to me. If I mouse over where he should be I see the outline of "ERROR".

Anyone know how to fix THIS problem? I tried looking for a model but there's nothing in the models folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3243
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,420 Posts
    When in doubt, reinstall the game.

4. Post #3244
    October 2009
    12,667 Posts
    So I managed to fix the "your map differs from the servers" problem by deleting everything in the maps folder and verifying, but now the new dire secret shopkeeper is an invisible error to me. If I mouse over where he should be I see the outline of "ERROR".

Anyone know how to fix THIS problem? I tried looking for a model but there's nothing in the models folder.
    That's just a bug. He's getting a new model but apparently he's just an error right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #3245
    February 2010
    2,840 Posts

Just picked up jungle Naix today. I am satisfied.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3246
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Fuck, my brother was pissing around on dota, told him to only play bot games and then he goes ahead and plays a real game playing phantom assassin where he died 3 times and then left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #3247
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,752 Posts
    So i just got my dota2 key, i'm a tiny bit experienced with moba's (i played a few games of the original dota,and a few hundred games of LoL) any suggestions for easyish champs for using till im used to the game mechanically?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #3248
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,420 Posts
    So i just got my dota2 key, i'm a tiny bit experienced with moba's (i played a few games of the original dota,and a few hundred games of LoL) any suggestions for easyish champs for using till im used to the game mechanically?
    omg dont play this game if you refer to them as champs fukin lol players    I'm kidding   

Just play the easy support heroes like Lich and Venomancer. Then if you want to move onto a carry and understand the role, skeleton king is a fine choice.

Edited:

Sven, vengeful spirit, and tidehunter are also pretty easy.

9. Post #3249
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,957 Posts
    invoker mid

Edited:

trust me on this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 6Informative x 2Funny x 1Dumb x 1Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #3250
    May 2011
    3,158 Posts
    I am serious in this one. Drop the "Champs". People will call you LoL-faggot and stop playing and/or start flaming you in a blink of an eye if you say "Champ" in a match.

Easy-ish heroes: Treant (The tree-guy, you can't miss him), Tide, Venomancer, Lich.
    Don't pick carries, unless you know how and when to farm. (The answer: 24/7 unless there's a fight coming up)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

11. Post #3251
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,752 Posts
    I am serious in this one. Drop the "Champs". People will call you LoL-faggot and stop playing and/or start flaming you in a blink of an eye if you say "Champ" in a match.

Easy-ish heroes: Treant (The tree-guy, you can't miss him), Tide, Venomancer, Lich.
    Don't pick carries, unless you know how and when to farm. (The answer: 24/7 unless there's a fight coming up)
    Alright then, what does the dota community use terminology wise to refer to them? and i guess i WOULD be a LoL-Faggot after playing 600 games of it.

I was trying to avoid carries anyway, it's hugely different to last-hit and it's apparently the skill cap is much higher.

12. Post #3252
    May 2011
    3,158 Posts
    Alright then, what does the dota community use terminology wise to refer to them? and i guess i WOULD be a LoL-Faggot after playing 600 games of it.

I was trying to avoid carries anyway, it's hugely different to last-hit and it's apparently the skill cap is much higher.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #3253
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,051 Posts

in my experience, the only people who tear up about league/hon terms are people who suck really bad anyway

also people will pretty much leave/start screaming over literally anything anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #3254
    July 2009
    1,076 Posts
    Does anyone know when Valve's going to implement the play with a mentor feature? For some reason I seem to remember hearing that it would be added on release of the full game, but I'm not entirely sure. After playing a few games today I simply can not wait until it's in and will definitely be contributing my time to being a "mentor". I mean, nothing against new players, but holy shit, you come into the online with real people, having never played bot matches, pick Pudge, call mid, and go 3/8. No, fucking no, that is not ok, I don't care how new you are. I just hope new players actually use it and that there aren't too many asshole mentors.

15. Post #3255
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts

Just picked up jungle Naix today. I am satisfied.
    Ok, this may sound dumb, but why Butterfly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3256
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,051 Posts
    i want to say attack speed for his w but i am not sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #3257
    February 2010
    2,840 Posts
    Mainly for the evasion and of course the attack speed. I knew that they were extremely underfarmed which means no MKB counter and this would increase my survival potential while buffing my DPS by quite a bit. I probably wouldn't have been able to tank all of that without dodging some of it outright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #3258
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,705 Posts
    dodge? i have no idea, halberd would have been better in that apartment. attackspeed? mjollnir would've been better choice for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #3259
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts
    I'm no expert, but still spending 3300 gold on Eaglesong seems like a waste to me. With the same amount of money you could buy yourself another Hyperstone and Heaven's Halberd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #3260
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    i want to say attack speed for his w but i am not sure
    Attack speed + evasion (and a little armor I guess) but it isn't really a good item on him

Halberd + a Hyperstone costs around the same, gives naix some str, evasion, a disarm which is very nice for taking 1v2+, and a lesser maim so if you just happen to not kill someone while you open wounds them, you can still slow.

21. Post #3261
    May 2011
    3,158 Posts
    Just that you realise, Eaglesong/Butterfly gives shitloads of armor too, on top of the attackspeed.
    You don't have to get your main attribute DPS items to succeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #3262
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Just that you realise, Eaglesong/Butterfly gives shitloads of armor too, on top of the attackspeed.
    You don't have to get your main attribute DPS items to succeed.
    Then build an AC off of hyperstone

23. Post #3263
    November 2009
    223 Posts
    Quick question regarding Wisp, is it possible to tether an ally, relocate back to base, untether that ally and tether someone else before teleporting back?

It would be funny, the enemy team waiting at the relocation spot when suddenly a full health Ursa pops out of nowhere and rapes them all sideways!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3264
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,541 Posts
    Mainly for the evasion and of course the attack speed. I knew that they were extremely underfarmed which means no MKB counter and this would increase my survival potential while buffing my DPS by quite a bit. I probably wouldn't have been able to tank all of that without dodging some of it outright.
    Never build butterfly on a strength hero, waste of gold.

Edited:

mjollner, abyssal blade/basher, heaven's halbeard are all much better items on naix than butterfly.

Edited:

or even a fuckin heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #3265
    February 2010
    2,840 Posts
    Never build butterfly on a strength hero.

Edited:

mjollner, abyssal blade/basher, heaven's halbeard are all much better items on naix than butterfly.
    I know all this now. Wasn't really used to str carries so I just built one of my old agi carry items and crossed my fingers. Added to experience.

26. Post #3266
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,919 Posts
    Quick question regarding Wisp, is it possible to tether an ally, relocate back to base, untether that ally and tether someone else before teleporting back?

It would be funny, the enemy team waiting at the relocation spot when suddenly a full health Ursa pops out of nowhere and rapes them all sideways!
    Far as I know, that's what it's meant for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

27. Post #3267
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    nevermind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3268
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    I dislike the Heropedia. Also the items tab is useless.
    RIP "Oh creatures of chaos who come as I command, hear my voice cry down from dark eternities!" on Hero Learn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #3269
    June 2010
    3,618 Posts
    I miss the old learn tab as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3270
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,530 Posts
    One thing I don't like about DOTA 2 is how I always have a problem with people from brazil and russia. I've played so many games between these two and they just get on my nerves for many reasons. Russians tend to speak their own language and hardly speak english, which most of the players speak almost 90% of the time. Not only if we ask them nicely to speak english, they begin to troll thoughout the whole game, which makes our team morality worse then it is... half the time when we troll back, he end up ragequitting.

Now for the Brazilians, they hardly speak at all and if they do, it also comes in their own language and not english. Brazilian people don't know how to play right or end up trolling over small things, start ping spamming and if they know any english, they make little sense. I have one bad experiance where he littlerly ran into 5 enemies and died... and i think he also fed our courier as well.

Now due to my bad experiances between the two nations and the stupidity of them, this is why I wish there was some short of region locking, where russians stay in russians servers, and brazilians stays on brazilians servers. As I am tired of grouping up with people who are incompantent people who only harm the team then help.

Edited:

I miss the old learn tab as well
    same here, I love to hear the voices of the characters... the heropedia is ok and decent but i wish we have the choice to go back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #3271
    April 2011
    5,991 Posts
    One thing I don't like about DOTA 2 is how I always have a problem with people from brazil and russia. I've played so many games between these two and they just get on my nerves for many reasons. Russians tend to speak their own language and hardly speak english, which most of the players speak almost 90% of the time. Not only if we ask them nicely to speak english, they begin to troll thoughout the whole game, which makes our team morality worse then it is... half the time when we troll back, he end up ragequitting.

Now for the Brazilians, they hardly speak at all and if they do, it also comes in their own language and not english. Brazilian people don't know how to play right or end up trolling over small things, start ping spamming and if they know any english, they make little sense. I have one bad experiance where he littlerly ran into 5 enemies and died... and i think he also fed our courier as well.

Now due to my bad experiances between the two nations and the stupidity of them, this is why I wish there was some short of region locking, where russians stay in russians servers, and brazilians stays on brazilians servers. As I am tired of grouping up with people who are incompantent people who only harm the team then help.

Edited:

same here, I love to hear the voices of the characters... the heropedia is ok and decent but i wish we have the choice to go back.
    I wouldn't mind Russians having their own server.

But if they were locked there, what would stop them from locking the rest of Europe, China, America etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3272
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts
    I like the idea behind the new Heropedia, but the execution is poor. Because of it working as a website it's terribly slow, I'd rather have all the data downloaded to my pc, instead of browsing the web. Which I can do with alt-tab much faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

33. Post #3273
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,036 Posts
    What is the best lane partner for a juggernaut? Already tried venomancer once, was pretty good. Going to try Bane now with a friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #3274
    April 2011
    471 Posts
    What is the best lane partner for a juggernaut? Already tried venomancer once, was pretty good. Going to try Bane now with a friend.
    crystal maiden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

35. Post #3275
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Wisp is Pretty nice, you get a speed boost while you spin and some extra regen, along with the tether snap stun you can get. If in really dire situations Wisp can TP you to base once they hit 6 (it is her ulti, right?) so you can get 12 seconds of regen and buying items time.

Veno is also good for the ridiculous slow and harass

36. Post #3276
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,529 Posts
    Shadow Shaman is a good partner too for him and offers a bit more utility to the lane than just disables. (yes i know he can mid etc etc)

You can also use Lich, Lion and maybe Ogre Magi.

37. Post #3277
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb x 7Funny x 6Winner x 2Late x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #3278
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    witch doctor. i was laning as slardar with a venomancer. thought it would be easy.
    juggernaut goes to jungle obviously
    i follow him while shouting YOURE DEAD
    witch doctor and him waiting for us
    juggernaut ults, lowers our hp
    witch doctor throws cask
    jugg starts to blade fury
    we both die

39. Post #3279
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    Quick Question: My friend who recently started playing has been having a lot of fun with Dazzle. He took interest in Ogre Magi as well and wanted to know if there's any heroes with a similar play style to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3280
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,123 Posts
    Quick Question: My friend who recently started playing has been having a lot of fun with Dazzle. He took interest in Ogre Magi as well and wanted to know if there's any heroes with a similar play style to him.
    Wisp, one of the new hero, plays in a somewhat similar way as Dazzle, but he's harder.
    Your friend might also like Omniknight and Bane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)