1. Post #3401
    July 2008
    715 Posts
    You should never start with boots.

Ever.

You should be buying either wards or a wand as a support.
    Boots + smoke works I'm pretty sure when the courier is already bought for you. Although that would be quite situation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #3402
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    If you random, is bottle, tango, 3 ironwood a bad start if you are gonna be mid? What should you normally get if you random (int hero lets say).
    I wouldn't recommend picking up bottle AND tangos, seems a bit excessive since you'll want to capitalise on the early access to runes (most mids don't bother getting runes until they have a bottle), so maybe pick up another branch or something instead or just keep the gold to buy faster boots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3403
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    Witch Doctor's fun to play, it's too bad his ult sucks and that the range on his E is shorter than his Q, which is frustrating as shit.
    His ult doesn't necessarily suck, it's just super situational, as far as I've seen. I've seen a WD completely turn around a teamfight with a well-placed Death Ward that raped the entire enemy team.

And then there is a good WD who knows how to place his Death Ward's with an Aganhims... that is scary as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #3404
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    WD + Chrono/Black hole

that damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #3405
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    WD + Chrono/Black hole

that damage
    + Death Prophet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #3406
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,465 Posts
    I wouldn't recommend picking up bottle AND tangos, seems a bit excessive since you'll want to capitalise on the early access to runes (most mids don't bother getting runes until they have a bottle), so maybe pick up another branch or something instead or just keep the gold to buy faster boots.
    Gotcha, I just thought bottle first is always a no no, but if you randomed I guess it's ok?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #3407
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

8. Post #3408
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    Gotcha, I just thought bottle first is always a no no, but if you randomed I guess it's ok?
    It's normally a no-no (like boots) because you can't afford any additional stat items along side it, and since when you random you can normally afford a few branches, it's okay!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #3409
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Was playing a round where one of my friends had issues early game with Steam and kept getting disconnected so we paused for him to restart as I (Leshrac) was getting chased by like three people and they just kept fucking bitching and bitching and constantly unpausing, and then finally he comes back and we unpause and Zeus fucks up and I kill him.
    Then their Batrider disconnects and they don't have enough pauses to keep him from abandoning so we steamrolled. Karma's a bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #3410
    August 2011
    230 Posts
    Anyone here who plays Doombringer often? I'm wondering if it's better to get Lvl Death or Scorched Earth maxed after Devour?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

11. Post #3411
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,400 Posts
    lvl death of course
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3412
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,465 Posts
    Lvl lvl death to their lvl as you lvl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #3413
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    You should never start with boots.

Ever.

You should be buying either wards or a wand as a support.
    I was a support that doubled as a ganker, so boots was a better move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #3414
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,011 Posts

Anyone else getting this? Sorry if I'm late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

15. Post #3415
    September 2010
    501 Posts
    Anyone here who plays Doombringer often? I'm wondering if it's better to get Lvl Death or Scorched Earth maxed after Devour?
    You want to level up lvl death when the time comes, like say get the first level of it at level 5, then when level 6 comes you got a stronk nuke and your ulti. Just time it with the enemy, not max it out or you will miss out on some damage.

and warm glowing orange juice at your feet helps you stay on your lane so I feel that has more priority
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #3416
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    I try to rush it to multiples of 3 but it's also great lasthitting those low HP guys who get away from me when I mid with him. Then I just stare at the scoreboard for the poor bastards with 3/6/9/12/15 etc levels and hunt them down.

Scorched is great if I lane top or bot just because you go so fast with that + phase boots + taskmaster aura, great for escaping ganks or diving. Lvl death isn't as effective top or bot just because it's easier to stay healed and hide behind a tree to cancel my casting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #3417
    September 2010
    501 Posts
    Yeah the build I was mumblin about is for safe laning, with possible soloing.

18. Post #3418
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,621 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #3419
    April 2011
    6,237 Posts
    New thread already?

Which post is last post?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

20. Post #3420
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    New thread already?

Which post is last post?
    Mine most likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

21. Post #3421
    April 2011
    6,237 Posts
    Mine most likely.
    Wait there isn't a limit anymore? They have to manually close all threads?

22. Post #3422
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Wait there isn't a limit anymore? They have to manually close all threads?
    Quite indeed.

23. Post #3423
    April 2011
    6,237 Posts
    Quite indeed.
    Didn't know that, guess it was added this year.

24. Post #3424
    November 2007
    309 Posts
    - snip -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3425
    November 2007
    901 Posts
    This game's community sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3426
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,130 Posts
    Today I found out how depressingly high the skill ceiling actually is. A friend of a friend of mine invited two guys into our party that we later found out were usually in the highest queue bracket but were queueing in low because they were with us. One of the guys was so good that he went higher than 20-3 every single game regardless of hero or whether or not we lost.

When he picked sand king he would burrow strike out of Jakiro's freeze EVERY TIME without fail, and blinked out of Axe's culling blade halfway through the animation. He went 12-0 at the start and only began dying when the enemy carries started to beef up. He even got a pentakill with his ultimate and caustic finale at one point. It's funny that there is a whole world of players that good that low tier players don't even know about, and just stay in low tier because they learn bad shit from each other. I learned so much from them about builds and tactics in ~5 games it's insane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #3427
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    This game's community sucks.
    I was thinking of maruhai as being a staple for most players who are bad mannered

then I saw he rated you dumb and proved that point

lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3428
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I was thinking of maruhai as being a staple for most players who are bad mannered

then I saw he rated you dumb and proved that point

lmao
    I rated him dumb for two reasons:
    1. the community is fine
    2. this is the wrong thread

Also stop hating me because I'm not giving you an unusual for free, seriously dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

29. Post #3429
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I rated him dumb for two reasons:
    1. the community is fine
    2. this is the wrong thread

Also stop hating me because I'm not giving you an unusual for free, seriously dude.
    "give me a courier ok"

do you legitimately think I was serious

I don't even know you lol why would you give me anything

Edited:

lmao

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #3430
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    "give me a courier ok"

do you legitimately think I was serious

I don't even know you lol why would you give me anything
    Yeah that's exactly why you're banned from TF2Outpost right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #3431
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Yeah that's exactly why you're banned from TF2Outpost right.
    We've jumped from you being bad mannered and couriers to ME being banned on another site that has nothing to do with this.

Maruhai is good at retorting.

(I'm not banned)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3432
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,740 Posts
    the following is a list of people who care:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #3433
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    We've jumped from you being bad mannered and couriers to ME being banned on another site that has nothing to do with this.

Maruhai is good at retorting.

(I'm not banned)
    Yeah right.
    First off, you are banned, second, my point is that you're sharking.

I can also tell that you told me multiple times to "report this post" on Facepunch, just because you didn't like the guy, thing that I only did if I thought the post was ban worthly.

Who's the bad mannered ?

Edited:

the following is a list of people who care:
    This is the old thread regardless, it's not like we're stopping any kind of discussion.

34. Post #3434
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    why is there 2 threads anyway..?

also doesn't mean you're not squabbling like children over silly shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3435
    April 2007
    4,967 Posts
    Break it up you two
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3436
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    First off, you are banned
    Look me up on outpost lol

moving to new thread and ignoring you on here, yay

37. Post #3437
    April 2011
    6,237 Posts
    ITP: Maruhai picks another fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #3438
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    ITP: Maruhai picks another fight.
    I'm never starting any fights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

39. Post #3439
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Selling popcorn.

40. Post #3440
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Selling popcorn.
    2 keys